• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

I get the feeling we won't have to wait too long to know unless this is a boom or bust pick, but it was WELL worth the punt. The upside was too good to ignore.

Yeah, I agree completely. Maybe conditioning and Wings training will help avoid injuries, and if so he could be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Goaltender has to be next. Need a guy there bad. Then I am sure they will find someone to help the farm. I am happy with our draft, unfortunately all the other central teams drafted very well. Anybody else think the Blues are going to be a ***** of a team in two years?

There's the goalie. Petr Mrazek.

Hmm. Don't know much about him.

Apparently he had a .905 sv% in the regular season and 3.00 GAA in 30 GP.

But in the playoffs he stepped it up a bit:

0.928 sv% and 2.39 GAA.

Edited by Zetts

G Petr Mrazek

2010 Eligible

OTT | 5.10 | 170 lbs. | Feb. 14, 1992

Petr Mrazek is an import player for the 67’s and this is the first time I have seen the Czech native in game action. In this contest he was not overly tested, but was able to make some big saves when he was called upon. He appeared to have great lateral movement, and a quick glove, but may need to work on controlling his rebounds. His 5’ 10” frame may scare off some NHL scouts, but Mrazek has likely played himself onto the NHL draft radar.

Petr Mrazek Edited by wingsdiehard13

LOL!

So he's listed at 5'10, 5'11 and 6'0. Interesting. :lol:

Now that he is drafted, his head is held high +2 inches.

Remember, this is not a pick for a starting goalie either. This is a project who may eventually be a backup at best. This is a stopgap while we wait for Thomas to get up to the pros. When he is in his last year in GR we will pick another goalie in the first two rounds.

I would have rather had that team USA guy that Dallas just got. Yet I am not worried. This pick is for emergency use only.

Yeah I'm okay with the pick now, we do need more depth in goal, Grand Rapids will need a starting goalie in a few years.

Why is the draft dead again? I think the selection of Pulkkinen really shook up the draft, they're struggling to come to terms with what it could mean. ;)

Edit: All good, tracker working again.

I hope we go for a defenceman with the next pick, either that or another skilled European.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/6131

Talent Analysis

ISS in April 2010: "He found himself in and out of the doghouse moving from the second to fourth line. Despite that, he put up great numbers with 21 goals and 73 points and did not miss a single game. He is also a big reason why the Tri-City Americans are in the Western Conference Finals as he is tied for the lead in points with four goals, nine assists. He is demonstrating his explosive speed. After three strides he is at top speed and uses it very well. He has earned an expanded role in key situations, along with a steady rise up ISS rankings."

Sounds like a very, very decent get with a 6th rounder.

Good speed, obviously some playmaking abilities, can't see much wrong with it.

I'm not going to complain about not getting a defenseman (I did enough about Sheahan), but it'd still be nice for them to take a big body with their 7th rounder. I really like the Pukkinen pick; if he stays healthy he's a huge steal. Not sure about Aubrey, as it seems like guys from the Q have crapped out for us in the past a bit. If Jarnkrok can fill out, I see him being a pretty good player.

Also, I really like that we're getting so many right-handed shots. It gives teams some different looks when you mix it up like that.

are we not going to take a defender?

If you check up on what we have done in the last few years in terms of bringing in defensive prospects, you wouldn't need to worry. The fact that we brought in three young defenders in the last two years that are looking like solid 5-7 defensemen prospects, and the years before hand bringing in Jakub an Brendan who should be top four guys, and Ericcson could still be anywhere from 4-7, we really don't need to worry too much about it.

Our problems in our system have been up front in the short term past. What we did last year and what we did this year really have fixed that. Next year we most likely will address defense early and have a more balanced draft.

with the addition of Brooks Macek we have now drafted 3 forwards with right handed shots! that really excites me because right handed shots are few and far between in the wings organization

:thumbup:

I like to have three right handers up front and two on the back end, provided they have the skill set to fit in. The NHL seems to be more accepting of right handers on the Left side as well due to the lack of obstruction. Lets those guys like Ovie fly up and let loose a shot.

I like having more right handers so I can buy sticks and try them out at the Red Wings sale. Dandeault got me the stick curve that I still use today.