• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

From Bob McKenzie:

"- The Wings took Riley Sheahan at 21. There's a big question on whether Sheahan stays at Notre Dame or goes to the OHL. Detroit is a patient team and that may work in Notre Dame's favour. That said, the Wings like skilled, attacking hockey and the school doesn't play that style. Sheahan's OHL rights belong to Erie, so maybe a trade is in order? We'll see."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325965

Sheahan is only 18 and will be a sophomore. I see no harm in letting him play and develop another year or two at ND, where he should be expected to take a step up and play a bigger offensive role with the Irish having graduated some important seniors. At the end of the day though, he'll do whatever the front office tells him to do.

I think Nyquist and Sheahan should play in NCAA for 2 more years, Smith to me did it right, play your Junior season and then go to the AHL, three very good years in the NCAA will help him in the future a lot.

Then hopefully a year or two in GR and they will be ready for the NHL.

I think Nyquist and Sheahan should play in NCAA for 2 more years, Smith to me did it right, play your Junior season and then go to the AHL, three very good years in the NCAA will help him in the future a lot.

Then hopefully a year or two in GR and they will be ready for the NHL.

Nyquist has already spent two years in the NCAA. I'd say one more then straight to Detroit, he's that skilled that I think he could skip the AHL.