• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djdan

2010 NHL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Benjamin Marshall, D, Mahtomedi High, MN

5'9", 160, shoots left.

Does anyone else see the question mark above my head?

Yeah it looks very similar to the one above mine. If he was that skilled he probably would have gotten noticed by other teams since hes from NA and thats where most of the scouts are. Maybe Hakan didn't have anyone in mind for this pick, but really there musta been some goon or something we coulda taken over this guy.

Yeah it looks very similar to the one above mine. If he was that skilled he probably would have gotten noticed by other teams since hes from NA and thats where most of the scouts are. Maybe Hakan didn't have anyone in mind for this pick, but really there musta been some goon or something we coulda taken over this guy.

Or at very least someone bigger. 2 more defensemen got taken after our pick, 6'3" and 6'4" respectively, one from Canada the other from Sweden. Puzzling to say the least

Best Quote Ever.

"We can always draft forwards in the ninth round."

-Luc Robitaille

I will say this, the only organization in the world that makes me excited to go off the board is the Detroit Red Wings. Not ranked by central scouting, but ranked by the Red Wings is something I would love to be.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Adam Pettersson, C, 9th ranked european skater still available..

This has been one odd draft. He was expected to be a 2nd rounder by a lot of mocks.

5'9", 160, shoots left.

Must be nice to graduate high school and be drafted by the Detroit Red Wings.

Best Quote Ever.

"We can always draft forwards in the ninth round."

-Luc Robitaille

I will say this, the only organization in the world that makes me excited to go off the board is the Detroit Red Wings. Not ranked by central scouting, but ranked by the Red Wings is something I would love to be.

I would say that about a player from a small hockey area in Europe like where Datsyuk was from or from a lower league in Sweden. But Minnesota high school is scouted a lot they had like 3 guys go first round.

Just doesn't make sense, could've added some size to the org.

oh well...im still really happy with this draft....a good mix of size, talent, positions and nationalities....

1.Riley Sheahan (CAN) 6'2" © Shoots Left

2.Calle Jarnkrok (SWE) 5'11" © Shoots Right

3.Louis-Marc Aubry (CAN) 6'3" © Shoots Left

4.Teemu Pulkkinen (FIN) 5'11" (LW) Shoots Right

5.Petr Mrazek (CZE) 6'0" (G) Catches Left

6.Brooks Macek (CAN) 5'11" © Shoots Right

7.Benjamin Marshall (USA) 5'9" (D) Shoots Left

well done boys!

5'9", 160, shoots left.

7th round.

They could have held a radio contest to draft the 201st caller and been just as likely to find an NHL player.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

7th round.

They could have held a radio contest to draft the 201st caller and been just as likely to find an NHL player.

As a fan of the Detroit Red Wings you should know better... unless of course you forgot that Zetterberg and Ericsson were drafted after the 201st.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

man we had chances to get Kabanov. I bet the Islanders were more than happy to take that risk.

Guest mindfly

Overall I'm happy with the draft...Järnkrok is the real deal...his style is like a mix of patrick kane and gustav nuquist, he will add the muscles he need in time... Pulkinnen can be a massive steal if everything goes our way...considering all health issues he's had.

The francophone guy i've no idea about, the 1st pick seem to be a big mature guy with good potential but no "future star" mark on him it appears... the last picks are extreme long shots, atleast thats how i see it

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Overall I'm happy with the draft...Järnkrok is the real deal...his style is like a mix of patrick kane and gustav nuquist, he will add the muscles he need in time... Pulkinnen can be a massive steal if everything goes our way...considering all health issues he's had.

The francophone guy i've no idea about, the 1st pick seem to be a big mature guy with good potential but no "future star" mark on him it appears... the last picks are extreme long shots, atleast thats how i see it

Mindfly: Happy with this Draft.