• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

somehow, we need to get a scoring third line center...

Rate this topic

absolutely possible for flip. he was playing really good...broke his wrist. came back and had a pretty good point pace going. if he plays all season in the top 6, he'll gain confidence and we'll all see lots of improvements. there's only so much you can do in practice, you need to play against OTHER teams top lines regularly.

Crap... they need to allow you to fix it if you accidentally click the -1 button, when you mean to click the +1... damn fast click finger, haha

I agree 100%... now let me go back in the thread and find one of your other posts to even it out... haha

EDIT - Alright, went into another thread and gave you +2 to bring it back where I originally intended :thumbup:

Edited by stevkrause

Guest blueadams

Ironically...looking at my original post:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

???-Filppula-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-???

...how good do Leino and Kopecky look in those spots?

ugh.

Crap... they need to allow you to fix it if you accidentally click the -1 button, when you mean to click the +1... damn fast click finger, haha

I agree 100%... now let me go back in the thread and find one of your other posts to even it out... haha

EDIT - Alright, went into another thread and gave you +2 to bring it back where I originally intended :thumbup:

sweet! you just like my post cause we're both so excited about NHL 11!

in all seriousness, barring injuries, i think regardless of what happens with the hawks, wings take the central division the next 5-7 years. even when lids hangs em' up, the wings have too many good prospects that are gonna come in and surprise other teams fans. the wings always find a way to turn heads. i can't wait to see nyqvist in the top 6 with the likes of dats, Z, franzen, flip and huds.

flip and huds each get 65+ points this year. franzen and Z score 40, dats nets 34...yes 34. howard laughs at the sophomore curse. kronner gets 50+ points, and all is well on LGW.

sweet! you just like my post cause we're both so excited about NHL 11!

in all seriousness, barring injuries, i think regardless of what happens with the hawks, wings take the central division the next 5-7 years. even when lids hangs em' up, the wings have too many good prospects that are gonna come in and surprise other teams fans. the wings always find a way to turn heads. i can't wait to see nyqvist in the top 6 with the likes of dats, Z, franzen, flip and huds.

flip and huds each get 65+ points this year. franzen and Z score 40, dats nets 34...yes 34. howard laughs at the sophomore curse. kronner gets 50+ points, and all is well on LGW.

It's the one video game I geek out about big time, haha

But I agree on the Wings future more or less, I wouldn't be horribly surprised to see St. Louis come back and threaten in a couple years with the young talent they have there either and Chicago will still be pretty competitive, but I believe they'll take the central 5-7 times over the next 10 years and finish 2nd the other 3-5... there's a lot to be excited about for sure... also Tatar and Smith as well, not to mention what other prospects make surprise leaps, like we always have...

Rather just move Abby to the 3rd line and re-sign Eaves and another 4th line guy. Healthy we have lots of offence.

And it annoys me when people just throw Franzen on Datsyuks line always. Franzen has never played well with Datsyuk, he played the best game of his life with Zetterberg, he was part of the best line in the 09 playoffs with Zetterberg and Cleary. And back in 08 his redonky scoring spree was with Filpulla. Keep him away from Datsyuk, put Franzen with Z.

I agree completely. Mule has shown way more chemistry playing on a line with Z than he has with Pavel. Taking Franzen off Zetterberg's wing bothers me more than when Pavel and Z got split up. At least there was some decent logic behind that move. Holmstrom always plays with Datsyuk, Franzen should always be with Zetterberg. There are so many line combos possible that I am not going to speculate this early, but I would love to see the Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary line reunited.

I agree completely. Mule has shown way more chemistry playing on a line with Z than he has with Pavel. Taking Franzen off Zetterberg's wing bothers me more than when Pavel and Z got split up. At least there was some decent logic behind that move. Holmstrom always plays with Datsyuk, Franzen should always be with Zetterberg. There are so many line combos possible that I am not going to speculate this early, but I would love to see the Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary line reunited.

I agree 100% on this - Z and Franz, Dats and Holmer ALWAYS TOGETHER - Add the other wingers as you see fit... the only line I'm REAL sold on and would like to see given a real chance is Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen - they absolutely LIT it up at the end of the playoff's there and Flip always plays well with Z, and always plays well with Franzen, Z always plays well with Flip and with Franzen... it really just makes sense to put all 3 together from the start and see where things go - I think this line has everything needed, one guy that LOVES to pass, has amazing hands and tons of speed (Fil) with 2 guys that can and will shoot the puck very well and Franzen with a big body and amazing hands to create plays down low, while Z is allowed to, well... be Z...

Not sure why Pav and Hank are split up for at any point. I have seen it many times said in posts but its really the only one I am sold on. I also know my Cleary love is borderline ridiculous but if he is back to what Clears can do, the Mule-Hank-Clears line can be implemented at any time and I won't be mad. cool.gif

Edited by HankthaTank

Does no one like Drew Miller? No ones even mentioned him with their line combos and he's most certain to get re-signed.

I like him just fine for a 4th line guy... the problem is, there is a logjam there and it is more likely that he is tendered and sent to GR, as he has cleared waivers in the past... Ritola is more likely to be claimed and Eaves flat out earned an every day spot last year... couple that with the fact that Holland said he is going to sign a guy with "grit" and it just ads to the logjam... there's a VERY good chance already that Draper will be a healthy scratch more often than not...

I'd like him to stay with the organization, just hopefully with GR, at least for now...

Edited by stevkrause

I like him just fine for a 4th line guy... the problem is, there is a logjam there and it is more likely that he is tendered and sent to GR, as he has cleared waivers in the past... Ritola is more likely to be claimed and Eaves flat out earned an every day spot last year... couple that with the fact that Holland said he is going to sign a guy with "grit" and it just ads to the logjam... there's a VERY good chance already that Draper will be a healthy scratch more often than not...

I'd like him to stay with the organization, just hopefully with GR, at least for now...

I agree there is a logjam on the 4th line. He's cleared waiver in the past but I don't think he will after a 10 goal season and was great on the PK. And Holland said he would like to sign someone with grit but that's easier said then done with stupid gm's paying bigger money for a 4th line grinder.

I do,but I feel there are better options out there.

I think you'll be waiting a while for someone better with a cap friendly salary.

Again I agree there is a logjam on the 4th line which could make Drew expendable. I am just not confident they will be able to sign the grit the Wings will want for a price that works for them.

Edited by StevieY9802

i like your idea, as pretty much ALL wings teams that won the cup had 3 and 1. i personally think ritola should be given a shot on your 3rd scoring line. he's a smart player with great hands. eaves can be re-signed and put on the 3rd line or i would go out on a limb and say andersson or callahan can show us what they got. but i see those 2 kickin ass in GR this season. i cant wait to see someone like landon ferraro on a line with helm and abby.

Only the '02 team really had 3 scoring lines. Our last run, Hudler was the only real scorer in the bottom 6. Cleary, Draper, Drake, Helm, Maltby, and McCarty were the other players on our 3rd/4th lines.

Even in the back to back years, when we weren't constrained by a salary cap, we had players like Doug Brown, Brent Gilchrist, Lapointe, McCarty, and Homer in his first playoff. Even Larionov at that stage of his career wasn't really a scorer, nor was he consistently in the bottom 6. What set us apart was getting big goals from players you wouldn't normally expect. Maltby in 97, Lapointe and Homer in 98.

What we did have in all those years was a great top 6, excellent goaltending, and top-notch team defense. And you'll have to sacrifice at least one of those things if you try to load up a third line with 3rd-rate scorers.

Guest blueadams

alright...so we don't need a scoring third line...just two great scoring lines, some clutch 3rd/4th line players, great defense, and great goaltending?

two great scoring lines: check.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

some clutch 3rd/4th line players: it sounds like we're going to bring back bertuzzi, and that sucks. he's not a 3rd/4th line grinder. he's a liability defensively, and he doesn't hit. he's essentially a poor-man's holmstrom at this point in his career. we should spend that cap space on bringing in another cleary-like player.

Cleary-Helm-???

Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper

(Ritola)

great defense: imo, we lack toughness. hopefully the 6th/7th defenseman brings some.

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Ericsson-Kindl

???/Lilja

(Janik)

great goaltending: imo, check.

Howard

Osgood

I think this could be Filppula's breakout year.If he can stay healthy,70 points seems realistic.

This is so ******* amusing. People are saying "Yeah, 70 points for Flip seems likely." and " I'll bet 60-70 points for Flip" yet when Mike Babcock says "I think we can get at least 70 points out of Hudler." it is all "No way do we see that kind of production from that midget!" and stuff like that, even though Hudler has shown to be the far more offensively talented player. Flip is the better two-way player, but he is not even CLOSE to Hudler's offensive skill.

This is so ******* amusing. People are saying "Yeah, 70 points for Flip seems likely." and " I'll bet 60-70 points for Flip" yet when Mike Babcock says "I think we can get at least 70 points out of Hudler." it is all "No way do we see that kind of production from that midget!" and stuff like that, even though Hudler has shown to be the far more offensively talented player. Flip is the better two-way player, but he is not even CLOSE to Hudler's offensive skill.

When was the last time Hudler has 8 points in 3 games? 9 points in 12 playoffs games? 28 points in 33 games?

It's cute how you're getting so defensive.

And "not even CLOSE" to Hudler's skill offensively? So how do you explain the fact (and I've mentioned this over and over to you but have never gotten a reponse) that in 08-9 Filppula and Hudler had the same points per minute at even strength, with the same line mates all year? Was he paying off the opposition? Maybe the defenders just got lost in Filppula's dreamy eyes.

Edited by Z and D for the C

abdelkader will be the third line center and he will play with cleary and one of bertuzzi or hudler i'd imagine. I think thats a really good third line and abby has underrated offense, he played with may and maltby last year. Everyone on that line could score 15 goals and that be great out of a third line. Hudler will score more if he can stay out of babcocks doghouse and plays top 6 most of the time. Not worried about the third line scoring at all.

I just hope the big guns stay healthy and get back to form next season.

Edited by redwingfan19

I find it more amusing that you get all defensive and up tight once someone says something,or in this case,doesn't even say the pricks name and you still freak out like a schoolgirl on her period.THAT'S amusing.

I find it more amusing that you get all defensive and up tight once someone says something,or in this case,doesn't even say the pricks name and you still freak out like a schoolgirl on her period.THAT'S amusing.

Ya Eva cause your a school girl ahahahahaha.......and go ahead click my minus button that'll learn mebiggrin.gif

When was the last time Hudler has 8 points in 3 games? 9 points in 12 playoffs games? 28 points in 33 games?

And "not even CLOSE" to Hudler's skill offensively? So how do you explain the fact (and I've mentioned this over and over to you but have never gotten a reponse) that in 08-9 Filppula and Hudler had the same points per minute at even strength, with the same line mates all year? Was he paying off the opposition? Maybe the defenders just got lost in Filppula's dreamy eyes.

Hmmm.

Filppula's points-per-minute at even strength DECLINED from 08-09 to 09-10. You did know that, right? Meanwhile, Hudler's PPM was higher than Filppula's in 08-09.

Filppula's PPM on the PP was about the same from one year to the next, and Hudler's in 08-09 was about 3.5 times what Flip's was.

Going back further, Hudler's PPM at ES was well above Filppula's in 07-08 and 06-07.

The first time Filppula came anywhere near Hudler's ES PPM was when THEY PLAYED TOGETHER ALL SEASON. Other years, Filppula played more than Hudler and scored less.

Filppula had "the run" after Franzen came back. He scored 28 points in 33 games. Nice job. But outside of that, he only had 7 points in 22 games. Not so nice. People say "Filppula will score 70 points, he was on pace for it during his hot streak." Yet whenever hot streaks are mentioned regarding any other player, it's all about how hot streaks don't properly represent a player's play level. Guess what, the second one is right. A hot streak does not represent a player's play level. If he's hot for half a season on a 70-point pace, and cold for the other half on a 26 point pace, how do we know what player we'll get if he's supposed to produce at that level all season? The answer is that we'll get someone who is in between.

Go watch some fight clips from the 1980s. Oh, and you'd better bring a couple boxes of tissues.

:lol: Look-- Filppula's a better all around player but it's 100% legally retarded to state even for a micro-second that Filppula's natural offensive talent is even equal to Hudler's.

Name one NHL season when Filppula's NHL totals were superior to Hulder's NHL totals. You can't even make that claim using Hudler's KHL numbers. Get over it man-- Filppula is not and never will be a better offensive talent than Hudler. He may outscore Hudler some day (assuming Hulder is playing on one leg or has a severe drinking problem) but he can't magically infuse his hands with more talent.

Go watch some fight clips from the 1980s. Oh, and you'd better bring a couple boxes of tissues.

:lol:

And by the way guys, do you think Filppula is more offensively talented than Jonathan Toews?

Because Toews has never scored 70pts in the NHL. Not once. His best total was 69pts.

Hmmm.

Filppula's points-per-minute at even strength DECLINED from 08-09 to 09-10. You did know that, right? Meanwhile, Hudler's PPM was higher than Filppula's in 08-09.

Filppula's PPM on the PP was about the same from one year to the next, and Hudler's in 08-09 was about 3.5 times what Flip's was.

Going back further, Hudler's PPM at ES was well above Filppula's in 07-08 and 06-07.

The first time Filppula came anywhere near Hudler's ES PPM was when THEY PLAYED TOGETHER ALL SEASON. Other years, Filppula played more than Hudler and scored less.

Filppula had "the run" after Franzen came back. He scored 28 points in 33 games. Nice job. But outside of that, he only had 7 points in 22 games. Not so nice. People say "Filppula will score 70 points, he was on pace for it during his hot streak." Yet whenever hot streaks are mentioned regarding any other player, it's all about how hot streaks don't properly represent a player's play level. Guess what, the second one is right. A hot streak does not represent a player's play level. If he's hot for half a season on a 70-point pace, and cold for the other half on a 26 point pace, how do we know what player we'll get if he's supposed to produce at that level all season? The answer is that we'll get someone who is in between.

Filppula is a better all around player.There's no way around it.Get over yourself.Hudler is a one-dimensional pansee.Go watch the clip of Mike Brown cleaning his clock,and don't forget to cluck while you're watching it.

Filppula is a better all around player.There's no way around it.Get over yourself.Hudler is a one-dimensional pansee.Go watch the clip of Mike Brown cleaning his clock,and don't forget to cluck while you're watching it.

Oh man, you clearly beat my point of how much better offensively Hudler is by saying Filppula is better all-around, something I myself basically said six posts ago. I feel shamed and defeated. Your debate skills are unmatched. You should run for political office, as you would most likely win every election with 90+% of the vote.