• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

any updates on helm & abdelkader?

Rate this topic

thanks for the input! and yea helm if he ever got those hands going he would be a solid speedster with 15-20 goals per season imo. i love that kid n hope hes a wing for life. and abby gotta love what we saw from him in the playoffs he looked like he was bossing around players a bit n showed great poise. im so excited for these 2 n hope it gets done soon!

the thing with Helm i think is he gets nervous and is over thinking when he gets his chances. in the WHL he had awsome numbers

05-06: 70GP 41G 38A

06-07: 59GP 25G 39A

I really don't mean to hijack a thread or anything. I just have a couple hopefully harmless questions. How indicative are WHL stats for a player's potential in the NHL?

And how is it that Ferraro generates so much excitement when he doesn't even have as good of a ppg as Darren Helm did? Just because he was a first pick of DET and his last name?

I really don't mean to hijack a thread or anything. I just have a couple hopefully harmless questions. How indicative are WHL stats for a player's potential in the NHL?

And how is it that Ferraro generates so much excitement when he doesn't even have as good of a ppg as Darren Helm did? Just because he was a first pick of DET and his last name?

im just saying he obviously could score goals playing Jr hockey im sure the Wings notice those numbers to when they drafted him

Good question. I assume mainly because of his size, the fact that he plays a more rounded game and because of his last name, but not really sure if it s deserved

Ferraro was hurt last season.

They Wings obviously see potential here based on his speed, physical game, and offensive ability (shot) which, relevant enough, is something that separates him from Helm.

Helm had 72gp 10 14 24 in his draft year

Ferraro had 68gp 37 18 55 in his draft year

That's the difference. Ferraro should have 40+ goals this season and play WJC this year.

dont let the numbers trick you, after all maltby was a 50 goal scorer in his junior days...so helm has a little less offensive potential than him...as for why ferarro is hyped more with less numbers, it's because he has the speed and he has a great shot. Helm doesn't have his shot or else he'd have a lot more potential as a quick goal scorer in the NHL.

Yes we need these guys for sure. Abby looked like he was going to bringing his whole game full circle. Maybe even picking up the offensive game too. Helmer has always been one of my favorites but looked a little hurt this year (surprise surprise). Wasn't crushing as much. Thats what we need from both of these guys and toss Eaves in with a 100% team across the board these guys do become that much more important. More fights Abby, more finish Helmer.

Training camp and pre-season games this season we should see them all play.

Good.I'm really excited to see what these kids can do.

Yes we need these guys for sure. Abby looked like he was going to bringing his whole game full circle. Maybe even picking up the offensive game too. Helmer has always been one of my favorites but looked a little hurt this year (surprise surprise). Wasn't crushing as much. Thats what we need from both of these guys and toss Eaves in with a 100% team across the board these guys do become that much more important. More fights Abby, more finish Helmer.

If Abdelkader is gonna fight,he needs to drop the bucket before he starts throwing every time.

If Abdelkader is gonna fight,he needs to drop the bucket before he starts throwing every time.

Yeah, I hear ya. He seems like he knows how to throw 'em though. I was at game 6 (unfortunately) and when Morris just started nailin away because he got a good check in was kind of chicken s***, Abby wasn't prepared there. Was loving this though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e5uX8GLKbI

Got his lunch handed to him the first one but came right back with this. Showed he wasn't going to be made a ***** out there.

Good.I'm really excited to see what these kids can do.

I was thinking this too, but if abby is going to fight as much as he did when he went down to the AHL then he should just loose the shield completely.

Callahan is intruiging - he's not eligible to play in GR for a while, but Kenny has already signed him to a contract! I believe that he didn't have to do this for another two years, so it is certainly a good sign.

His numbers aren't that bad either. He will obviously never be anything close to a heavy, but it would be great if he could turn into a little sparkplug who can play a regular shift.

Callahan is intruiging - he's not eligible to play in GR for a while, but Kenny has already signed him to a contract! I believe that he didn't have to do this for another two years, so it is certainly a good sign.

His numbers aren't that bad either. He will obviously never be anything close to a heavy, but it would be great if he could turn into a little sparkplug who can play a regular shift.

If he could turn into a 4th line pest that fights 15 times a season I'll be happy. Maybe like the skill level of Maltby but fighting a lot and hitting more often.