No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dragonballgtz

Chat with Red Wings assistant GM Jim Nill at 2 p.m

Rate this topic

Awesome link.

2:21

[Comment From JoeJoe: ]

Who do you see filling the role of the vacated Brad May? Abby is learning the ropes still, and Bertuzzi may sign elsewhere. Do we have anyone that can "keep the flies off"?

Tuesday June 15, 2010 2:21 Joe

2:22

Jim Nill:

We are looking at a few unrestricted free agents to fill that role.

2:24

[Comment From BrianBrian: ]

What are the plans for getting Brendan Smith's head on straight, is he going to need a babysitter in GR?

Tuesday June 15, 2010 2:24 Brian

2:24

Jim Nill:

Mr. Smith will be having a meeting with Mr. Holland and Mr. Nill.

:sly:

Lots of good quotes there.

Edited by Carman

2:43

[Comment From C-macC-mac: ]

This team needs more young guys and speed, what are the chances of going after someone like Lombardi or Ladd in the offseason? It seems like a better choice than signing Bert and maybe keeping abdlekader down another year.

Tuesday June 15, 2010 2:43 C-mac

2:44

Jim Nill:

Our decision all centers around the camp number. Those players are on our radar screen, but we project their camp numbers to be too high to fit into our system.

Lombardi is out of the question now. Although I figured he would earn too much.

It sounded like how he talked about Abdelkader that they are very high on him. It also sounded like they are expecting him to be pretty mean too.

He also said they are looking at free agents to fill a fighter type role which is good news to me :thumbup:

Also said they will consider trading down depending on who is left when they pick.

Callahan will be our Matt Cooke he says as well talking about Mitchell obviously. For all those who talk about how classy we are, we drafted a guy who is supposed to be like Matt Cooke... just sayin'

Edited by newfy

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Really, Smith is not doing anything out of the ordinary for a college kid. This stuff happens all the time. People are overreacting. If it doesnt get in the way of hockey let the kid be.

Most other college kids aren't the property to an NHL team though. I don't care about the house party fight, but I'd like to think the brass had a nice long talk with him about the DUI.

Really, Smith is not doing anything out of the ordinary for a college kid. This stuff happens all the time. People are overreacting. If it doesnt get in the way of hockey let the kid be.

He isn't just a college kid though.

2864709778_cfb9432f38.jpg?v=0

Edited by Carman

Most other college kids aren't the property to an NHL team though. I don't care about the house party fight, but I'd like to think the brass had a nice long talk with him about the DUI.

It must be said, that there is a difference between gunning around in a car when completely wasted, and tooling around on a moped after a few beers...

Smith is underage. There is no tolerance for drinking underage. He could have blew a .01 and still have been charged with a DUI. The kid might not have been drunk, or even buzzed. We dont know the details, we dont need to worry about it.

It must be said, that there is a difference between gunning around in a car when completely wasted, and tooling around on a moped after a few beers...

Also, we cant forget about this.

Edited by cjm502

Smith is underage. There is no tolerance for drinking underage. He could have blew a .01 and still have been charged with a DUI. The kid might not have been drunk, or even buzzed. We dont know the details, we dont need to worry about it.

Also, we cant forget about this.

Exactly and in Smith,s home country he wasn't even underage. I doubt he was even drunk and he was on a moped not driving a transport or something. It couldn't have been that bad if he didn't get in big trouble with the law.

It sounded like how he talked about Abdelkader that they are very high on him. It also sounded like they are expecting him to be pretty mean too.

He also said they are looking at free agents to fill a fighter type role which is good news to me :thumbup:

Also said they will consider trading down depending on who is left when they pick.

Callahan will be our Matt Cooke he says as well talking about Mitchell obviously. For all those who talk about how classy we are, we drafted a guy who is supposed to be like Matt Cooke... just sayin'

Well, so no McIlrath..... DAMN!

Guest Lidstromboli

driving a moped while intoxicated is an injury just waiting to happen.. might not hurt anyone else but he could himself. which obviously the wings don't want

Well, so no McIlrath..... DAMN!

He didn't say they would for sure, he said if they have a couple guys they want on the board when they pick then they would trade down for a bonus pick essentially.

Guest mindfly

Wings need a hardhitting force back there, a general of the defense, that is inpenetrable, preferably with great size but might as well be a vladdy size too if he got all other "ingredients"

Enough with the skilled european's and "smooth skating offensive defensemen" IMHO

Edited by mindfly