40G 44A in 73GP this season
34G 45A in 62GP last year
Here is the scenario as it appears to be starting to come together.
1. The Devils want to keep Kovalchuk.
2. Martin Brodeur is not a given to keep playing much longer, and will be hired the second he retires to work in the Devils front office.
3. Kovalchuk would consider staying if the Devils would go out and get Semin to play with him.
4. Brodeur would agree to play one (possibly 2) years in Washington. Firming up their goaltending situation and making the Caps the HUGE favorite to win a Stanley Cup. Then he could return to work for the Devils, who would be in a much better situation.
5. Semin is a great player, but the Caps are not opposed to moving him for Brodeur. Interestingly, the Caps signed him to a very short deal.
Edited by king_malice, 15 June 2010 - 01:47 PM.