• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

NHL Awards Show sounds like it is going to be horrible

Rate this topic

Actor and comedian Jay Mohr will host the 2010 NHL Awards on June 23 at the Pearl Concert Theater inside The Palms Hotel in Las Vegas as the stars of Hollywood and hockey come together to honor the National Hockey League's best.

As previously announced, the star-studded show will feature Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg, CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos, Florida rockers Shinedown, Grammy Award-nominated rapper Snoop Dogg, the world famous Cirque du Soleil and many of the NHL's biggest stars. Drummer, musician and music producer Travis Barker has joined the lineup of performers.

Snoop Dogg and Barker will open the broadcast with a pre-taped performance of "I Wanna Rock," followed by a live performance by Barker featuring special guests later in the show. All musical performances will be presented by Verizon.

The special guests and presenters will include actors Jamie Kennedy ("Finding Bliss"), John Slattery ("Mad Men," "The Adjustment Bureau"), Kevin Zegers ("Transamerica") and Leven Rambin ("Grey's Anatomy," "Scoundrels"); actor / director D.B. Sweeney ("The Cutting Edge," "Two Tickets to Paradise"); legendary Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer; CBC host Ron MacLean; and Reese Waters, host of "The Daily Line" on Versus will join Wahlberg, a Boston native and longtime hockey fan and Stroumboulopoulos. Former NHL stars Luc Robitaille, Jeremy Roenick, Guy Lafleur and Eddie Olczyk also will present awards.[/Quote]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=531835

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

its in Las Vegas...so theres bound to be famous stars and music artists...

if you had a regular nhl award show it would just suck ass! and the fact that is IN LAS VEGAS!

oh wait i said that already... :lol:

The NHL awards are so cheesy every year, you guys should know this by now.

Pretty much all that's left to discuss on the discussion board. Makes for good topic the fact this lineup looks like this.

July 1st is going to take forever to get here....

Ok heres how the lines will look

Wahlberg-Barker-Shinedown

Robitaille-Snoop- Roenick

Slattery-MaClean-Olczyk

Kennedy-Lafleur-Waters

Cirque de Soliel can run D

and Rambin in goal.

The season just needs to start already

blueadams, is that you?

In all seriousness though I do agree. All these little things are barely enough to keep me going.

Pam Anderson should be there.

She's Canadian.

Basically, her and Lilja should host.

Canadian isn't the first asset I think of when I imagine Pamella Anderson. Also, I'm so used to typing Swedish names that I wrote "Andersson" first.

And I'd like to see a retired international superstar be one of the presenters. I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm thinking they should wear glasses and bring their own wine.

Honestly, I don't see whats bad about who they have going to perform here....

George Strombilopolous was great with much music (strictly canadian show, i believe) and im sure does well on CBC....and Walberg is a great actor and seems pretty funny when he wants to be.

Snoop dog is a rap icon and alot of people will be looking forward to seeing him on the show, and Barker is one of the best drummers modern day.

I think this is a huge upgrade compared to last year....who did they even have, if anyone?

And I'd like to see a retired international superstar be one of the presenters. I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm thinking they should wear glasses and bring their own wine.

Would it go to triple overtime then?

Honestly, I don't see whats bad about who they have going to perform here....

George Strombilopolous was great with much music (strictly canadian show, i believe) and im sure does well on CBC....and Walberg is a great actor and seems pretty funny when he wants to be.

Snoop dog is a rap icon and alot of people will be looking forward to seeing him on the show, and Barker is one of the best drummers modern day.

I think this is a huge upgrade compared to last year....who did they even have, if anyone?

Neil Pert is Canadian... why can't we get him? Probably too much luggage.

Would it go to triple overtime then?

And we all know who the winner would be ;)