• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings&Beer

Bertuzzi Signs 2 Year Deal

Rate this topic

Happy to have him back in the fold...more than I wanted him to be signed for...

I thought at worst he would be back at the same 1.5 cap hit and at best it would be about 1.2...

He fits rather nicely and had a good season though...so I'll take it.

He could get twice that on the open market...

Good to have him back. Little higher money then I expected, but theres still lots left over. Now we need to see what the RFA's salarys are like and then see if there's anything left for FA.

if they all take the 10% raise minimum that they can get then the wings sit about at about 57.5 million (including Ritola, Janik and Kindl)

So all three of those guys need to actually win their spots...so there will probably be room for a 0.7-1 million dollar grinder or defenseman.

if they all take the 10% raise minimum that they can get then the wings sit about at about 57.5 million (including Ritola, Janik and Kindl)

So all three of those guys need to actually win their spots...so there will probably be room for a 0.7-1 million dollar grinder or defenseman.

That sounds good. Competition amongst the depth forwards is always better, makes them play harder. I wonder if Kenny will pick up a grinder or defenceman now, or leave that cap room and allow us to pick up a more expensive guy at the deadline, I love the offseason :lol:

That sounds good. Competition amongst the depth forwards is always better, makes them play harder. I wonder if Kenny will pick up a grinder or defenceman now, or leave that cap room and allow us to pick up a more expensive guy at the deadline, I love the offseason :lol:

I'm hoping he signs a defenseman. There is already competition for playiong time up front with Abdelkader - Miller - Eaves - Draper - Ritola where 2 of those guys will be on the bench on any given night.

On Defense they need somebody to push Janik - Kindl - Ericsson

I'd be more comfortable with a veteran NHLer added to that mix in training camp and possibly Janik starting the year in GR.

If Kindl doesn't bring it in camp I would like to have somebody to take his place and make him the next Quincey...He shouldn't feel like he has a spot already.

Hmm might be more then I was hoping for but isn't awful either. Bert did score 18 after all. We still might not be resigning Miller or someone like that and trading Meech so a bit of cap space might be found from the movement of one of these guys to get a tough UFA

Hmm might be more then I was hoping for but isn't awful either. Bert did score 18 after all. We still might not be resigning Miller or someone like that and trading Meech so a bit of cap space might be found from the movement of one of these guys to get a tough UFA

I'll be pretty pissed if Miller is not brought back

Somewhere, draperfan is weeping...

Not a bad deal, considering the year he just had. Bertuzzi was one of only 3 players to play all 82 this year, which was not bad at all considering many questioned if he could even play 50-60 due to his injury issues.

My only concern is that it's a multi-year deal. I'm always a bit leery of those contracts for guys over 35, because we don't want to get stuck with the cap hit if he retires mid-contract.

Anywho. Welcome back, "The" Todd!

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

* Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 20; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $56.043m; CAP ROOM: $2.757m BONUSES: $0.000m

This leaves 2.75 to sign a forward and a d man. I say let Miller, Eaves, and Meech walk, sign Lilja/UFA for 750k then spend the rest on a 3rd line winger.

I'll be pretty pissed if Miller is not brought back

Well Holland wants to get tougher on the bottom lines. If he is replaced by someone better then why would you be pissed?

For example if they sign Nystrom, huge upgrade over Miller.