• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

How would you feel about Chelios as assistant?

Rate this topic

Would you like it?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd honestly take him right now. He knows the game like the back of his hand, has been a player/coach every season since 06/07 because that was the last time he was even a good player. Plus, he'd be great for the amount of young defenceman we have coming up, teach em a bit of snarl and the tricks of the trade.

I voted 'hate' because I don't like Chelios. He should have never been a Red Wing in the first place... anyhoooooooooooooo

As much as I don't like him, I believe he would improve the team if he was an assistant.

There, I said it.

Guest Crymson

Classic 'grass is greener' syndrome here. Don't automatically assume that just anyone would immediately be an improvement upon McCrimmon.

Note, too, that the team's defense was quite good in '09/'10

Edited by Crymson

Classic 'grass is greener' syndrome here. Don't automatically assume that just anyone would immediately be an improvement upon McCrimmon.

I don't think Cheli would come in and blow the doors off McCrimmon, but long haul I think Cheli would be the better choice. Maybe.

Let me just say :w00t2: !!!

Either him or try to persuade Larionov to be one!

:shocking: Did you watch the same season as we did?

Edited by LeftWinger

Are we talking about a few years from now when he has even a modicum of experience or do you mean the completely unqualified Chelios of today?

I'd love to see Cheli return to the fold once he has some coaching experience (people typically pick that experience up before getting an NHL coaching job). But the Wings aren't really in the phase of their life-cycle where it makes sense to plug a person in as coach who has zero coaching experience.

I hear what your saying, wouldn't it be nice to coax Fetisov and Larionov back to become the assistants? No offense to Paul MacLean. Didn't I hear that he was being allowed to interview for a head coaching job somewhere?

Guest 26basslines

I don't see how throwing Chelios in there is going to automatically make the team better. Because he was a great defenseman? McCrimmon was too.

:shocking: Did you watch the same season as we did?

The defense last season was in fact an pretty big upgrade from 2008/2009. Although I think how poor the defense was in 08/09 was a bit overlooked because of how good the offense was.

2006/2007 - 199 GA

2007/2008 - 184 GA

2008/2009 - 244 GA

2009/2010 - 216 GA

It's hard to jump back from 244 GA to 184 GA, but it looks like they're hopefully moving back towards better defense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Zetts

The defense last season was in fact an pretty big upgrade from 2008/2009. Although I think how poor the defense was in 08/09 was a bit overlooked because of how good the offense was.

2006/2007 - 199 GA

2007/2008 - 184 GA

2008/2009 - 244 GA

2009/2010 - 216 GA

It's hard to jump back from 244 GA to 184 GA, but it looks like they're hopefully moving back towards better defense. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Those numbers don't matter much. You gotta compare it to the other teams as well, because it's a different season.

What matters is that we were 20th in GA 08-09 and 7th in GA 09-10, so yeah, that's a HUGE improvement there. It doesn't look so big when you just look at the numbers though.