• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

Holland thinking of re-signing Kirk Maltby

Rate this topic

Holland also is contemplating re-signing veteran Kirk Maltby.

“One guy we have to make a decision on is Kirk Maltby,” Holland said. “I like Maltby. He’s been a warrior. I think he’s got some hockey left in him.”

My link

Just what we need. <_< Seriously Kenny, enough with the God damn sentiments already!

Guest mindfly

No kenny, enough is enough...it's time to move on... they re-signed holmstrom and bertuzzi already

Guys... if it's a two-way deal there is really no harm. If we are deep and don't need him, well then he will hang out in GR, if we have injuries or if some of our younger players lose their heads, well then we'll have a tried and true Red Wing available to call up.

Guys... if it's a two-way deal there is really no harm. If we are deep and don't need him, well then he will hang out in GR, if we have injuries or if some of our younger players lose their heads, well then we'll have a tried and true Red Wing available to call up.

If he cleared waivers... there's no way he'd take a 2 year deal at this stage in his career and due to his age, there'd be no point to even offer his one - 1 way and 2 way deals have nothing to do with waiver eligibility, they have to do with how much the player is ACTUALLY paid, depending on where they play, the caphit still is affected by days with the big club...

Seriously, if we sign Maltby, I'll be absolutely livid. :ranting:

What a complete joke. He's been great, for sure, and he's a top guy I'm sure, but WE DON'T HAVE ANY REASON TO KEEP HIM.

We have enough bottom 6 forwards. Helm, Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller, Ritola, Draper, absolutely no sense in keeping Maltby around.

this just cant happen.

if all of our rfa's re sign, we will already have way too many players sitting around on any givin night.

we already have...

hudler,datsyuk,holmstrom

franzen,zetterberg,cleary

bertuzzi,v.filppula,ritola

abdelkader,helm,eaves

miller

draper

i.filppula(probably GR)

and now maltby?

come on, lets be serious for a minute...time to move on

Edited by robb himself

This was the LAST thing I wanted to see on these forums. Seriously Kenny, Malt's has been good for us for many years but his time has come, do the Redwings and all of us a favor and move on. Graet career Maltby but you are no longer valueable to the Redwings or NHL team for that matter :ph34r:

There's surely no chance that Malts will uproot his family now, and I wonder if he really wants to go wherever by himself in case he does sign elsewhere. But if he wants to keep playing hockey in Michigan the only way it could happen is in Grand Rapids. Kenny would almost certainly oblige him if that were his wish; not a bad guy to have on the depth chart in case of injury disaster. There's absolutely no room for him on the big club, though.

We will just have to wait and see. Holland said he was looking at it. He didn't say he was going to re-sign him. The Wings like to have a lot of depth available. Look at 2007 when we lost 3 defensemen to injury in the playoffs. Look at last year. What happens if we don't sign all our restricted free agents. We all like Holland as GM. One of the ways he does so well, is that he makes sure he has a lot of options available to him.

Plus, Maltby was another one of those injured last year, but he played through it has long as he possibly could. When others were not in the line-up, he was there. You have to give him some credit for that.

Edited by CenterIce

I love Malts and it'd be different if we were a young team and needed some veteran leadership, but we don't... it's time to cut ties with Malts...

Bang on! We need have all the veterans we need right now in my opinion. I would rather see Ritola in the line up over Malts. I love Malts and all he has done for the wings but....

We will just have to wait and see. Holland said he was looking at it. He didn't say he was going to re-sign him. The Wings like to have a lot of depth available. Look at 2007 when we lost 3 defensemen to injury in the playoffs. Look at last year. What happens if we don't sign all our restricted free agents. We all like Holland as GM. One of the ways he does so well, is that he makes sure he has a lot of options available to him.

Plus, Maltby was another one of those injured last year, but he played through it has long as he possibly could. When others were not in the line-up, he was there. You have to give him some credit for that.

That is what I noticed from the quote too. Part of this may just be praise for Maltby and all that he has done for the team, bragging on him and what he has meant to the organization. It lets him give a public compliment to a guy and still retain that option if it becomes necessary.

There's surely no chance that Malts will uproot his family now, and I wonder if he really wants to go wherever by himself in case he does sign elsewhere. But if he wants to keep playing hockey in Michigan the only way it could happen is in Grand Rapids. Kenny would almost certainly oblige him if that were his wish; not a bad guy to have on the depth chart in case of injury disaster. There's absolutely no room for him on the big club, though.

Does he live in MI? I know Draper still lives in Toronto i think.