No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
syntax

Good news for the Euro haters

Rate this topic

from the IIHF

Euros down, Swedes up in NHL

KHL appeal and less talent in Europe reasons behind decline

The number of Europeans in the National Hockey League is the lowest since 1998-99, but Sweden has displaced the Czech Republic as the prime European producer of NHL talent. There were 962 players who dressed for at least one NHL game during the 2009-2010 season and 228 (23.7 per cent) were Europeans. On average, there were 7.6 Europeans per team.

=955&cHash=094be8f490"]Rest of the story HERE

This will make some of you extremely happy. I like the mixture of Euros and NA players myself.

So, just because there are some of us on here that would like to see some more big a gritty North American players in the league, rather than small (for the most part) and afraid of body contact (again, for the most part) players, we are hate Europeans? I think your title alone says that you have racial tendencies by calling them Euro's. I prefer white women in my life, does that mean I am a African women hater or a Asian women hater? So call me a hater because I prefer Dylan McIlrath over kirill kabanov....

So, just because there are some of us on here that would like to see some more big a gritty North American players in the league, rather than small (for the most part) and afraid of body contact (again, for the most part) players, we are hate Europeans? I think your title alone says that you have racial tendencies by calling them Euro's. I prefer white women in my life, does that mean I am a African women hater or a Asian women hater? So call me a hater because I prefer Dylan McIlrath over kirill kabanov....

Agreed. I drafted McIlrath in a mock draft I did recently not because he's North American, but because he's a beast. I seem to remember two players from overseas named Konstantinov and Fischer who could hit as well. It's just easy for people to point the finger and ***** about others being bias about their players; not everyone who likes North Americans is Don Cherry. And for the records, I like the white ladies as well... they gots it goin' on.

Your first line states that you'd like North American players in itself reflecting a racial tendency on your part. Also most people know a difference exists between the statements "You hate Europeans" and " You're a euro hater" when put into the context that it was. If you cannot distinguish a statement based on its setting perhaps an internet forum is not the right place for you.

Then again maybe I should not troll a troll.

On Topic OP, that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing.

I copied the 'Euro' nickname right off the IIHF report. I don't care if you're a card carrying KKK member, I posted the information for the board for people that are interested.

Please put me on ignore and do not respond to my posts, and I'll do the same for you.

Your first line states that you'd like North American players in itself reflecting a racial tendency on your part. Also most people know a difference exists between the statements "You hate Europeans" and " You're a euro hater" when put into the context that it was. If you cannot distinguish a statement based on its setting perhaps an internet forum is not the right place for you.

Then again maybe I should not troll a troll.

On Topic OP, that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Hmmmm, lets see I joined in August 2003 and have over 3200 posts, you just joined last March and have 56 posts, now I am not calling you a troll just because you just joined, but my stats alone say that I am not a troll here, there may be a lot of folks who don't agree with my opinions, which I think is great, what kind of forum would this be if everyone held hands and sang koom-by-ya together? We love difference of opinions here, that is what makes this place so great! And if you read my post, I said I would like to see more gritty North American players, that is not saying I am against European players, Fedorov is my all time favorite player, but just because some of us don't like the players like Hudler, we are haters. I do not call the folks who prefer hudler style players North American haters, do I?

Also, there is a difference between saying "You hate European's" and "You're a Euro-Hater?" :blink: Uh.... is your real name John Kerry?

Edited by LeftWinger

I copied the 'Euro' nickname right off the IIHF report. I don't care if you're a card carrying KKK member, I posted the information for the board for people that are interested.

Please put me on ignore and do not respond to my posts, and I'll do the same for you.

Dude, ignore me all you want, I will not ignore you, I love different opinions, so you copied the term from the board, ok, I then apologize for saying you had the tendencies, I will point that towards the original author of the article. On topic, this is good news for those of us who prefer a more North American style of play, but if you look around, the Europeans that are here are mostly the superstars, so the North American's probably make up the third of fourth lines on most teams. I am fine with that, hopefully McIlrath falls to us, or Holland trades up to get him and we get that Chris Pronger type play that this team needs...

Hmmmm, lets see I joined in August 2003 and have over 3200 posts, you just joined last March and have 56 posts, now I am not calling you a troll just because you just joined, but my stats alone say that I am not a troll here, there may be a lot of folks who don't agree with my opinions, which I think is great, what kind of forum would this be if everyone held hands and sang koom-by-ya together? We love difference of opinions here, that is what makes this place so great! And if you read my post, I said I would like to see more gritty North American players, that is not saying I am against European players, Fedorov is my all time favorite player, but just because some of us don't like the players like Hudler, we are haters. I do not call the folks who prefer hudler style players North American haters, do I?

Also, there is a difference between saying "You hate European's" and "You're a Euro-Hater?" :blink: Uh.... is your real name John Kerry?

I think it has more to do with the fact that you specify 'gritty North American' as opposed to simply 'gritty'. It suggests that if there were two equally gritty players, one being Euro and the other NA, you would prefer the NA, based solely on nationality. Your stereotyping of Euros also lends to that.

If you're going to make generalizations, you have to live with the consequences. In this case, it means people assuming you have an anti-Euro bias.

And there is a world of difference in those two statements. The second implies the slang form of 'hater', rather than literal 'hate'.

And McIlrath will never be Pronger. Not even close. He'd be lucky if he could get close to Chara level.

Dude, ignore me all you want, I will not ignore you, I love different opinions, so you copied the term from the board, ok, I then apologize for saying you had the tendencies, I will point that towards the original author of the article. On topic, this is good news for those of us who prefer a more North American style of play, but if you look around, the Europeans that are here are mostly the superstars, so the North American's probably make up the third of fourth lines on most teams. I am fine with that, hopefully McIlrath falls to us, or Holland trades up to get him and we get that Chris Pronger type play that this team needs...

This is a fact. And part of is it that organizations rather take the NA guy over European for the smaller roles even though they would be equal. Because of this most European players have "chosen" to take the skill road because that way they more likely get to the top. That's why European's have been labored over the years as soft and skilled. Part of that's true, but it's also misleading because only small part of the European players play in the NHL.

I dont care if I joined yesterday and you joined before the birth of Christ, I was simply stating that no difference exists between "North American" grit and "Euro" grit, and that by implying we need more "North American" grit you were basically showing the same "racial tendencies" you had just called someone else out on.

John Kerry, funny. No but if you had enough intelligence to comprehend what i was trying to reflect to you, you may have understood the difference of said two statements.

Typical to combat ignorance with sarcasm, an out dated political reference at that.

Please have your own opinion, I agree that we should have constructive debate. Thats why the internet is great, because we can have open discussion. But your response to the OP

"in my opinion" was basically an exaggeration over what he/she posted.

I also like how you use the phrase "we are haters" ..... 2 sentences later question then slander me over explaining that a difference exists between the two phrases.

Typical troll behavior, not that you are one.

Edit: for spelling

Edited by HelmerFan

Hell - even "Chara level" would be damn good...From what little I've read about this years draft - McIlrath is said to be somewhere between Derian Hatcher, and Chris Pronger...Anywho - the Red Wings could def use a guy with his size, and snarl on the blueline.

That was me being subtly cheeky...Chara being a Euro and all.

Another completely pointless thread that will bring out the best in people on this board.

The amount of people on the boards with an iota of reading comprehension skills has fallen to an all-time low, that's for sure.

If people would keep on topic, e.g. the fact the amount of European players in the league are falling due to less 'skilled' Europeans players coming up through European starter leagues and KHL poaching.

I'd love to hear what some of the posters in Europe think about the lower amount of skilled European players coming up through the ranks.

This thread is NOT about whom likes or doesn't like 'Euro' players in the NHL.

Jesus effing Christ, people.

I just want the best players in the world on NHL ice. If that means they're all NA or all South American, or Euros or some combination, then so be it; all I care about is talent.

Yessir. This crap about "good news" (no reflection on you, Syntax) is total BS. Speaking of bulls***, let the haters just keep treading in their self-made cesspools.