• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Is it time to trade Cleary?

Rate this topic

He was all banged up last year.

He provides front net presence, PK ability, defensive play and physicality along with 20 goals when he is healthy. His impact is felt much more off the score sheet then on.

Now if he struggles to get the puck in the net by the trade deadline then I can see trying to shop him around, but that will be a hard thing to sell.

Haven't seen Cleary stand around the net nearly as much as he used to before he took a puck to his eye/cheek. (Which was also a season or two ago which he was out of the wings lineup for a while) whoever says he only got injured this year and he usually plays most games was wrong.

Guest Crymson

Enough of your damned line threads.

Haven't seen Cleary stand around the net nearly as much as he used to before he took a puck to his eye/cheek. (Which was also a season or two ago which he was out of the wings lineup for a while) whoever says he only got injured this year and he usually plays most games was wrong.

I see you've ignored the responses to you in this thread. Figures.

As for Cleary being in front of the net: see game four against Pittsburgh in '08, when he was the one who screened Fleury on the first goal. See game five against Chicago in '09, when he was the one who finally beat Huet to give the Wings the lead. And so on. You're blowing hot air.

Further, it's really the coaching staff's decision as to whether or not he's the one on the ice who screens the goalie. It's not like he makes the decision himself. And with Franzen, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom on the team, he's unlikely to be the one.

Edited by Crymson

I guess that most Cleary-haters haven't read the articles which clearly state that his knee was in so much trouble that for most of this year he could hardly walk up the stairs.

Give the guy a chance.

Did you catch the 09 playoffs? The only goal Dano scored that was further then 5ft from the crease was Game 5 against Pittsburgh. All other 8 were screens, tips or bang in's.

Just a few points:

-- Cleary's NTC makes trading him very difficult (not impossible).

-- Cleary makes almost 3 million and is at his lowest trade value in the last 3 years.

-- When healthy Cleary is tough to replace (scores, checks, kills penalties, can play net-front on the PP).

-- Cleary works in this system. An incoming FA might not.

-- Why is it that every day you post a new thread on a topic that's already been discussed at length?

All of the line combo threads from blueadams were kind of funny at first, but now it's just getting annoying. We're at what, like 5 or 6 in under a week? It's getting old and just cluttering the forums.

Also, there's already (at least) one other thread clearly about Cleary.

Edited by Zetts

So, how many lines threads does this forum need 'hey i got an idea lets make a line thread if the red wings plane goes down in the Andies mountains and they have to eat Flippula and Draper' ffs.

I know this is a discussion board, and I'm sure this has been said many times, but for christ's sake blueadams, STOP WITH THE LINE THREADS. I was hoping this thread was an actual discussion about whether or not to trade Cleary and next thing I know I'm reading more proposed lines by you. I don't mind debating lines a couple times in the offseason and several during the season, but every other week overboard.

Well,this is really a line thread in shaky disguise. Cleary has a NTC.

I like those lines, I'd switch Bert and Hudler.

I also don't think we should sign Miller. He is brings the same thing as Eaves and others, I'd rather spend that money on a really physical 4th liner.

Either way, I'm pretty happy with how our team is looking next year. Lets just stay healthy.

Really ,your happy with the make-up of this line- up?

Does anyone else have the craziest sense of Deja vu? I swear I read this exact thread with the same first 3-4 posts a couple weeks ago.

Not a joke....seriously asking?

Yeah, you're right. I was looking for my post and couldn't find it because it's not in this thread it's in the other one. The other thread isn't even off this page yet.

I'll finish by sayinig, No, it's still not time to trade Dan Cleary.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/65588-trade-cleary/

Edited by T.Low