• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3chrisosgood0

Mike Modano

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/news/story?id=5311371

kinda interesting article on Modano basically saying if he doesnt retire he wont play for the stars. so i figured itd be an interesting debate to see if anyone out there would want him to join the wings for a 1 year lower salary finish your career type deal.

I could go either way i could argue for it or against it

whats your take?

Guest mindfly

Would have bern awesome, good ol michigan boy finish off a career in detroit, can't get any better than that ;)

Modano has already retired from Dallas. I guess the Wings would be good candidates for Mike to play for. The guy was born and raised in Michigan, he is a good guy. My grandpa coached him as a kid so I have always had a soft spot for Mr. Modano (if you couldn't tell already), and I would absolutely love to see him here.

As much as I love Modano, the Wings need to get younger and faster, not older. I vote no.

Come on, the guy can still skate pretty well. He had 30 points in 59 games last year playing on the second and 3rd lines. If you watch him play he is still very strong in his own end. If we could get him for cheap there isn't much to not like.

If the price is right I say yes. Won't make my brother to happy as he is a stars fan. Modano doesn't have the sandpaper that Holland is looking for but he will bring the motivation that drake did. Plus think about a modano-helm-cleary third line

Come on, the guy can still skate pretty well. He had 30 points in 59 games last year playing on the second and 3rd lines. If you watch him play he is still very strong in his own end. If we could get him for cheap there isn't much to not like.

No. I respect him, but he has nothing to offer this team. We already have a 3rd line guy that can skate, play defensively, and maybe even put up 30 points....his name is Helm.

Trade Hudler away for draft picks and put Modano in his spot.Do that,and you've got me sold.

don't trade hudler, but absof***inglutely sign modano on for a year at 1mil or so. he can go back home to michigan and there's his contender. and LGW's get 3 potent as s*** scoring lines. i would have a chubby for atleast a week if modano signed with the wings! he can still fly. i see him on a line with flip. he could learn a few things from a guy like mike.

i only see modano coming to the wings as a positive.

No. I respect him, but he has nothing to offer this team. We already have a 3rd line guy that can skate, play defensively, and maybe even put up 30 points....his name is Helm.

Not to be a jackass or anything, but this argument kinda sucks. You'd really say no to that guy just because we have another guy like him? Maybe he could show Helm a few things about putting the puck in the net and if he puts up 30-40 points in the meantime, then why not? I don't think it's absolutely essential that we sign Modano, but I think he can help our team.

As much as I love Modano, the Wings need to get younger and faster, not older. I vote no.

Seems like I was reading that same stuff about Dallas Drake on here and he played his ass off for the Wings and helped us win a Cup. Why? Partly because he added great chemistry. I think Modano would do the same.

Well, this would be interesting, eh? I would love it personally, does he have anything else to give? He can still fly like an eagle thats for sure, he still finishes his checks, and he aint too bad on the point on the powerplay (a lot better than Jason Williams) Although, tongue in cheek, I do agree with trading Hudler for the higher pick, but if we end up having $1m - $1.2M available, why not see what he brings? I am sure he would end his career hoisting the Cup with the team he grew up loving! ...and they lived happily ever after.

I would love for the Wings to get Modano (assuming the price is right). I think he would be great for the team, especially some of the younger 3rd line players. Modano has always been one of my favorite non-Wings players.

Yes to this for sure. I saw it at the top and wasn't exactly all ape s*** about it. Read some of your posts and my friends, I agree wholeheartedly. It would be A LOT like the Robitaille and Drake signings, and those turned out quite well I'd say.

I would love to have a player like mike on this team, hes such a classy player.

It would be a good signing if it was for a low price. I could see having him on the team bringing more motivation to win the cup. like a Dallas drake for the team.

Not to be a jackass or anything, but this argument kinda sucks. You'd really say no to that guy just because we have another guy like him? Maybe he could show Helm a few things about putting the puck in the net and if he puts up 30-40 points in the meantime, then why not? I don't think it's absolutely essential that we sign Modano, but I think he can help our team.

Why not? My point was that all Modano would do is waste a roster spot (and if he played the same minutes/line, burn up vaulable 2nd/3rd line time that could go to a youngster that NEEDS the experience). We already have someone that can do his job, and at this stage of his career, much better. We have plenty of guys that can show Helm how to bury 'em in the back of the net. Modano brings nothing but veteran leadership to this team, which is something we already have in spades.

Honestly, he wouldn't even have the Dallas Drake effect because he's actually won a cup and already said his goodbyes.

Edited by Swayze

Guest Crymson

Modano said that where he went would be contingent on how he was utilized by the team. With the Wings, he would most likely get 4th-line minutes at best.

Not gonna happen.

Why not? My point was that all Modano would do is waste a roster spot (and if he played the same minutes/line, burn up vaulable 2nd/3rd line time that could go to a youngster that NEEDS the experience). We already have someone that can do his job, and at this stage of his career, much better. We have plenty of guys that can show Helm how to bury 'em in the back of the net. Modano brings nothing but veteran leadership to this team, which is something we already have in spades.

Honestly, he wouldn't even have the Dallas Drake effect because he's actually won a cup and already said his goodbyes.

Whats so bad about bringing in a goal scorer that can work the PK or PP? He is the Stars Yzerman, if we picked him up it would be awesome. Your argument is we already have someone that can play his role. Would you be against us bringing in Ryan Kesler, I mean we already have a first line center that plays a strong 2 way game.