• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3chrisosgood0

Mike Modano

Rate this topic

Thanks alot to the brilliant mod who decided to merge my POLL with a current Modano thread. I wanted to see how the numbers broke down with Wings fans wanting him for the right price. But now the poll is long gone. AWESOME. Sheer brilliance there moderator! ;) Ya know, you could have just asked me to lock the poll to prevent comments and just keep it a poll only. Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Thanks alot to the brilliant mod who decided to merge my POLL with a current Modano thread. I wanted to see how the numbers broke down with Wings fans wanting him for the right price. But now the poll is long gone. AWESOME. Sheer brilliance there moderator! ;) Ya know, you could have just asked me to lock the poll to prevent comments and just keep it a poll only. Thanks again! :rolleyes:

No, Thank you for wasting around 20 seconds of my life that I lost from reading that post. THANK YOU!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah, cause my legitimate poll being scrapped is perfectly reasonable. Yeah you're right, I should have no beef with that at all. :rolleyes: Get lost kid.

1) I'm not your kid

2)It's the internet get over it

3) You do not pay a cent for this site. The moderators could very well ban you for no reason at all, and you would still be owed nothing. I really am sorry if you were insanely interested about seeing how much of the LGW posters either agreed or disagreed with the potential signing, but frankly, It doesn't matter, as we are not Holland and free agents aren't signed via LGW Comittee. In the end, it really does nothing, and seeing as there was already a subject on the same issue being discussed, it is understandable that they would merge in. Contrary to your beliefs, the vast majority of this site doesn't want to hear your sobb story, filled with sarcasm and condescending remarks.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Trade Hudler away for draft picks and put Modano in his spot.Do that,and you've got me sold.

:lol: You've got to admit it's a bit of a stretch to turn this into a Hudler discussion.

Go go image macros!

internet-serious-business.jpg

3) You do not pay a cent for this site. The moderators could very well ban you for no reason at all, and you would still be owed nothing. I really am sorry if you were insanely interested about seeing how much of the LGW posters either agreed or disagreed with the potential signing, but frankly, It doesn't matter, as we are not Holland and free agents aren't signed via LGW Comittee. In the end, it really does nothing, and seeing as there was already a subject on the same issue being discussed, it is understandable that they would merge in. Contrary to your beliefs, the vast majority of this site doesn't want to hear your sobb story, filled with sarcasm and condescending remarks.

fightthepower1.jpg

1) I'm not your kid

You must really be down about that 20 seconds you wasted on reading my post. Especially considering you've now wasted several minutes in replying. Point is, there is a feature in creating polls which you can set to make it just a poll. So there being another Modano thread doesn't mean my poll should have just been deleted. I may have been a tad peeved about it, but I still have a legit beef. You on the other hand, must be one bored little boy to make this much out of my circumstance. Run along now little tyke. It's way past your bedtime.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You must really be down about that 20 seconds you wasted on reading my post. Especially considering you've now wasted several minutes in replying. Point is, there is a feature in creating polls which you can set to make it just a poll. So there being another Modano thread doesn't mean my poll should have just been deleted. I may have been a tad peeved about it, but I still have a legit beef. You on the other hand, must be one bored little boy to make this much out of my circumstance. Run along now little tyke. It's way past your bedtime.

1) It's moreso out of boredom than really "being down".

2)You do not really have legit beef. This Website Owes or Promises you nothing. You do not pay for anything. Your sense of entitlement is hilarious.

3)Once again you act as if age is relevant to this situation, when it is not at all.

4) The reason you were upset was a poll about how people you will never meet and have no ability to influence an outcome on the subject felt about it. Seeing as there was already a thread that was essentially discusing the exact same thing, I just found your anger comical.

Edit: OH NO GUYS HE KEEPS NEGGING ME! NOT MY INTERNET REPUTATION...

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

1) It's moreso out of boredom than real "being down".

2)You do not really have legit beef. This Website Owes or Promises you nothing. You do not pay for anything. Your sense of entitlement is hilarious.

3)Once again you act as if age is relevant to this situation, when it is not at all.

4) The reason you were upset was a poll about how people you will never meet and have no ability to influence an outcome on the subject felt about it. Seeing as there was already a thread that was essentially discusing the exact same thing, I just found your anger comical.

Who cares if it's people that aren't in the Wings front office? I would like to know other people opinions. Hence, anyone being on this particular website. Why are you here if you're just discussing things with people that don't make decisions for the Red Wings?? You make no sense buddy. You've contradicted the whole point of being a member of a forum. :lol:

P.S. Like you didn't rate my posts negatively?? Pshhh yeah right kid. And I only rated one of your posts negatively. So looks like there are other members who think you're a really smart guy. ;)

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Who cares if it's people that aren't in the Wings front office? I would like to know other people opinions. Hence, anyone being on this particular website. Why are you here if you're just discussing things with people that don't make decisions for the Red Wings?? You make no sense buddy. You've contradicted the whole point of being a member of a forum. :lol:

P.S. I only rated one of your posts negatively. So looks like there are other members who think you're a really smart guy. ;)

1) You've unsurprisingly miscomprehended my post. The point I was trying to make is, if there is already a discussion going on, with deeper ideas being given, then the point of a poll really is moot. This website is not a democracy, and it really doesn't matter imo how many people are on either side of an argument. This DOES NOT mean I don't think people should share their opinions, but rather something such as a pole would be redundant, and bring an unneeded element to an ongoing discussion.

2)I haven't rated any of your posts negatively, and seeing as we are currently both at -2, that means I have only minus 1 given to by another user, whereas you currently have 2. Not that it matters, or I care, just pointing out a problem you seem to do a lot, making assumptions when you don't really have a good argument.

Its late I'm just trying to stir some s*** to wake people up :P Although I'd really take Modano over Hudler any day

It's not tough to choose a 1st ballot hall of famer over Huds. :D

1) It's moreso out of boredom than really "being down".

Don't worry man, I gave you a +1 to save your internet reputation (serious business!).

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

It's not tough to choose a 1st ballot hall of famer over Huds. :D

Yeah. It's only fair to compare Huds to other future 2nd ballot HoFers.

1) You've unsurprisingly miscomprehended my post. The point I was trying to make is, if there is already a discussion going on, with deeper ideas being given, then the point of a poll really is moot. This website is not a democracy, and it really doesn't matter imo how many people are on either side of an argument. This DOES NOT mean I don't think people should share their opinions, but rather something such as a pole would be redundant, and bring an unneeded element to an ongoing discussion.

How is a poll redundant?? Tons of people vote on polls that didn't necessarily engage in thread discussion. By your logic, we should just scrap all polls because we can always just discuss things in threads. I wanted a cut and dry, view of the number of fans that would want him. Simple as that. You're logic is laughable kid. You basically said who cares what people I don't know, and who don't make decisions for the Red Wings think. Your words, not mine. Polls are a good way of breaking down the numbers without having to delve real deep into reasons why or why not. That's what polls are.

2)I haven't rated any of your posts negatively, and seeing as we are currently both at -2, that means I have only minus 1 given to by another user, whereas you currently have 2. Not that it matters, or I care, just pointing out a problem you seem to do a lot, making assumptions when you don't really have a good argument.

HAHAHA Wow are you serious with this post? You go out of your way to tally who has more people voting us down and you say you don't care and it doesn't matter to you?? :lol: Yeah right buddy! Who you trying to fool? Cause the only one you're fooling is yourself. Obviously you care or you wouldn't have pointed it out in two different posts. Also, you know you voted my post down. Any suggestion otherwise is a bold faced lie. If anyone has no argument here, it's definitely you. Congrats. Give yourself a hand. :clap: lol

Anyways, unlike you, I actually have a life, so I'm officially done arguing with you and your "logic." Night night little boy.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

How is a poll redundant?? Tons of people vote on polls that didn't necessarily engage in thread discussion. By your logic, we should just scrap all polls because we can always just discuss things in threads. I wanted a cut and dry, view of the number of fans that would want him. Simple as that. You're logic is laughable kid. You basically said who cares what people I don't know, and who don't make decisions for the Red Wings think. Your words, not mine. Polls are a good way of breaking down the numbers without having to delve real deep into reasons why or why not. That's what polls are.

HAHAHA Wow are you serious with this post? You go out of your way to tally who has more people voting us down and you say you don't care and it doesn't matter to you?? :lol: Yeah right buddy! Who you trying to fool? Cause the only one you're fooling is yourself. Obviously you care or you wouldn't have pointed it out in two different posts. Also, you know you voted my post down. Any suggestion otherwise is a bold faced lie. If anyone has no argument here, it's definitely you. Congrats. Give yourself a hand. :clap: lol

Anyways, unlike you, I actually have a life, so I'm officially done arguing with you and your "logic." Night night little boy.

1) I just don't really see the point in tallying numbers, as it really has no effect on anything. I really doubt you're going to cite a message board poll on a reaserch paper, so to me it just seems like redundant information. Clearly to you it isn't, I have no idea why, as it would serve no use, but whatever, keep acting as if poll numbers of a few dozen are accurate indicators of an entire fan base.

2)I really don't care, I was just pointing out the obvious. I'm sorry that the fact that I took a whole 3 seconds to look at the little numbers on the sides of posts to reply to your logical fallacy enrages you. And no I didn't vote any of your posts down, I already wasted them today, but if you feel better by thinking that, go right ahead. Once again you are insinuating claims that you have no basis on. The mere fact that you repeatedly dwell into personal attacks despite knowing nothing about my "Life" or education level tells me all I need to know. Just because you can be sarcastic doesn't mean you win an argument.

i have a feeling he will either play for Dallas,Detroit,or retire. I don't see him playing for some random team just to win another cup. If he thinks Dallas has a shot at a cup next year(they are at least 3 years away) and is comfortable with how they will use them he will sign there. If he wants to come back to Michigan to finish his career closer to his family and will be ok with how Babs will use him he will sign with the Wings. If he doesn't like either of the situations then its been a hell of a career.

Yeah. It's only fair to compare Huds to other future 2nd ballot HoFers.

Definitely. :cool: But I'm a Hudler fan so maybe I overrate him. I can't wait to see what numbers he puts up this season-- I'm confident he'll crack 60pts by a decent amount. 65pts would be ideal.

Sign him up. I love Modano. He's given his best years to Dallas, but he's probably got something left, and he'd certainly bring intangibles to the ice.

If he won a Cup with the Wings, he would have a legitimate Cup with his name on it, too. Bonus!

:P

I always thought that Mike would look good in red.

modano_wing.jpg

I always thought that Mike would look good in red.

modano_wing.jpg

I'm really torn on this -

We have too many other legit needs... unless we can make a trade and free up a roster spot and he comes here dirt cheap, I don't like it...

however...

I've always wanted to see Modano in the Winged Wheel and he still has some good hockey in him and that photoshopped picture made me feel all warm and fuzzy...

torn...