• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

I'd love to see Mikey Mo play a year for the Wings. Yeah, he's old and all, but he's a classy two way player, he was born in Michigan, and he would be a good fit for just a year. He and Nick (and anyone else thinking about retirement) can make one final run for the Cup. For the right price, he would fit in nicely on the third line and give us a bit of a scoring threat. He can't have his number 9 though. ;)

#42 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler
Cleary-Modano-Bert
Eaves-Helm-Abby
Gritty FA, Draper, Ritola

I wouldn't mind that one bit.

I would not put him as the 3rd line center but move him to a wing position on the 3rd line.

Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler
Modano-Flip-Bert
Eaves-Helm-Abby

#43 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - but who's who?

• Silver Booster
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Heh. I never really understood why Bourque's jersey is hanging in the Pepsi Center.

ditto

#44 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

It's looking more and more like Mike Modano's days in Dallas are numbered. Also, it's looking like he might still wanna play NHL hockey next season. So the question is, for the right price, would you be okay with Mike Modano playing in the Winged Wheel? I remember several years ago Mike said he would love to come back home and play some day. And I know he is near the twilight of his career, but he did have pretty good numbers last year considering he was on Dallas' 3rd and 4th lines all season. What do you guys think?

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#45 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

Nope. My reasons are in the other thread.

#46 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

If he comes to us for free, like say an internship, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#47 HenryMalredo

HenryMalredo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

I've always been a Mike Modano fan, but he doesn't fill any significant needs for the team, which has a pretty full roster already. If he wasn't a Michigan native, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

#48 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

I would be okay with it IF the price were right and IF he had to earn his ice-time like any other forward. So that means that if he is taking a spot from say Eaves or Miller or someone else it's because he outplayed them in camp/a number of games to get their.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#49 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

I'd love to see Mikey Mo play a year for the Wings. Yeah, he's old and all, but he's a classy two way player, he was born in Michigan, and he would be a good fit for just a year. He and Nick (and anyone else thinking about retirement) can make one final run for the Cup. For the right price, he would fit in nicely on the third line and give us a bit of a scoring threat. He can't have his number 9 though. ;)

You just sold 95% of the people on LGW.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#50 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

I like the guy and all. He's a total first ballot, but really?

If were going old this summer, I like Recchi better!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#51 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

Thanks alot to the brilliant mod who decided to merge my POLL with a current Modano thread. I wanted to see how the numbers broke down with Wings fans wanting him for the right price. But now the poll is long gone. AWESOME. Sheer brilliance there moderator! ;) Ya know, you could have just asked me to lock the poll to prevent comments and just keep it a poll only. Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 21 June 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#52 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Thanks alot to the brilliant mod who decided to merge my POLL with a current Modano thread. I wanted to see how the numbers broke down with Wings fans wanting him for the right price. But now the poll is long gone. AWESOME. Sheer brilliance there moderator! ;) Ya know, you could have just asked me to lock the poll to prevent comments and just keep it a poll only. Thanks again! :rolleyes:

No, Thank you for wasting around 20 seconds of my life that I lost from reading that post. THANK YOU!
Victory Honda Forever.

#53 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

No, Thank you for wasting around 20 seconds of my life that I lost from reading that post. THANK YOU!

Yeah, cause my legitimate poll being scrapped is perfectly reasonable. Yeah you're right, I should have no beef with that at all. :rolleyes: Get lost kid.

#54 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, cause my legitimate poll being scrapped is perfectly reasonable. Yeah you're right, I should have no beef with that at all. :rolleyes: Get lost kid.

1) I'm not your kid

2)It's the internet get over it

3) You do not pay a cent for this site. The moderators could very well ban you for no reason at all, and you would still be owed nothing. I really am sorry if you were insanely interested about seeing how much of the LGW posters either agreed or disagreed with the potential signing, but frankly, It doesn't matter, as we are not Holland and free agents aren't signed via LGW Comittee. In the end, it really does nothing, and seeing as there was already a subject on the same issue being discussed, it is understandable that they would merge in. Contrary to your beliefs, the vast majority of this site doesn't want to hear your sobb story, filled with sarcasm and condescending remarks.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 21 June 2010 - 11:03 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

#55 high_stick69

high_stick69

Even Steve Hanson is afraid of my mom!

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

I retract my post after seeing Modo's stats over the past 5 years. Although he could help on the PP, the Wings PP is already awesome. Don't know if he's worth tying up a roster spot for.

Edited by high_stick69, 21 June 2010 - 11:08 PM.

I hesitate to call myself a procrastinator.....

#56 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

Trade Hudler away for draft picks and put Modano in his spot.Do that,and you've got me sold.

:lol: You've got to admit it's a bit of a stretch to turn this into a Hudler discussion.

Go go image macros!

Posted Image

3) You do not pay a cent for this site. The moderators could very well ban you for no reason at all, and you would still be owed nothing. I really am sorry if you were insanely interested about seeing how much of the LGW posters either agreed or disagreed with the potential signing, but frankly, It doesn't matter, as we are not Holland and free agents aren't signed via LGW Comittee. In the end, it really does nothing, and seeing as there was already a subject on the same issue being discussed, it is understandable that they would merge in. Contrary to your beliefs, the vast majority of this site doesn't want to hear your sobb story, filled with sarcasm and condescending remarks.

Posted Image
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#57 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

1) I'm not your kid

You must really be down about that 20 seconds you wasted on reading my post. Especially considering you've now wasted several minutes in replying. Point is, there is a feature in creating polls which you can set to make it just a poll. So there being another Modano thread doesn't mean my poll should have just been deleted. I may have been a tad peeved about it, but I still have a legit beef. You on the other hand, must be one bored little boy to make this much out of my circumstance. Run along now little tyke. It's way past your bedtime.

#58 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

You must really be down about that 20 seconds you wasted on reading my post. Especially considering you've now wasted several minutes in replying. Point is, there is a feature in creating polls which you can set to make it just a poll. So there being another Modano thread doesn't mean my poll should have just been deleted. I may have been a tad peeved about it, but I still have a legit beef. You on the other hand, must be one bored little boy to make this much out of my circumstance. Run along now little tyke. It's way past your bedtime.

1) It's moreso out of boredom than really "being down".
2)You do not really have legit beef. This Website Owes or Promises you nothing. You do not pay for anything. Your sense of entitlement is hilarious.
3)Once again you act as if age is relevant to this situation, when it is not at all.
4) The reason you were upset was a poll about how people you will never meet and have no ability to influence an outcome on the subject felt about it. Seeing as there was already a thread that was essentially discusing the exact same thing, I just found your anger comical.

Edit: OH NO GUYS HE KEEPS NEGGING ME! NOT MY INTERNET REPUTATION...

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 21 June 2010 - 11:21 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

#59 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

1) It's moreso out of boredom than real "being down".
2)You do not really have legit beef. This Website Owes or Promises you nothing. You do not pay for anything. Your sense of entitlement is hilarious.
3)Once again you act as if age is relevant to this situation, when it is not at all.
4) The reason you were upset was a poll about how people you will never meet and have no ability to influence an outcome on the subject felt about it. Seeing as there was already a thread that was essentially discusing the exact same thing, I just found your anger comical.

Edit: OH NO GUYS HE KEEPS NEGGING ME! NOT MY INTERNET REPUTATION...

Who cares if it's people that aren't in the Wings front office? I would like to know other people opinions. Hence, anyone being on this particular website. Why are you here if you're just discussing things with people that don't make decisions for the Red Wings?? You make no sense buddy. You've contradicted the whole point of being a member of a forum. :lol:

P.S. Like you didn't rate my posts negatively?? Pshhh yeah right kid. And I only rated one of your posts negatively. So looks like there are other members who think you're a really smart guy. ;)

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 21 June 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#60 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

:lol: You've got to admit it's a bit of a stretch to turn this into a Hudler discussion.

Go go image macros!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its late I'm just trying to stir some s*** to wake people up :P Although I'd really take Modano over Hudler any day
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien