• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Red Wings' Home Opener Against Anaheim

Rate this topic

Also ... hopefully the Chicago "fans" realize the season starts before, say, February.

Putting them against the Wings will instantly draw a huge bandwagon ass crowd just for more clowns to show up, get tanked (no problem with that), wonder what that weird thing going to the top of the arena is and why it doesn't say "Chicago Bulls NBA Champions", oh yeah who could forget? Yell 'Detroit sucks'. Just start the damn season already...

Edited by HankthaTank

Blah, they played them in the home opener the year after the Ducks won the cup. I remember I went to the game, it went to a shoot out, I believe they won. Also, Drake got in a pretty good fight at the end of the game and got the JLA rockin'!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

There's always a bit of everything when Anaheim comes into Detroit :thumbup:

Amen to that. If I was born in California, I would easily support them over the Sharks and the Kings. Such a fun blend of size, toughness, and skill. I hate them when we play them, but have to admit that Getzlaf is my favorite non-wing player in the league.

Amen to that. If I was born in California, I would easily support them over the Sharks and the Kings. Such a fun blend of size, toughness, and skill. I hate them when we play them, but have to admit that Getzlaf is my favorite non-wing player in the league.

Yeah I hate em when we play em too but I'm not gonna lie,Troy Bodie is among my favorite youngsters in the NHL.

Wish it was the other way around...I got all excited when I saw "Wings-Ducks Opener" on NHL.com, but then I realized it was the Wings' opener. Oh well, if I can make it through summer, I guess I can make it past opening day. Have fun with the Rubber Duckies! Send 'em back over here a little worse for wear, if you don't mind.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

phoenixs home opener is against the wings..that should be a good game!

hopefully after phoenixs great season last year they can get some more fans in the seats.

phoenixs home opener is against the wings..that should be a good game!

hopefully after phoenixs great season last year they can get some more fans in the seats.

Yeah, that's definitely going to be a good one. I did rather enjoy that playoffs series, looking back. At the time I was about ready to burst into a million pieces from anxiety, which wasn't fun, but in hindsight, that's what made it so good. Wish I could be there...Phoenix seems like it should be so close to San Diego - it's only one state over, right - but there's that vast expanse of desert-y crap that I never take into account.

Guest Crymson

Detroit will be in Chicago for the banner raising

The whole city? Wow. That ought to cause some problems...

The whole city? Wow. That ought to cause some problems...

No. Abner Detroit. He has a shoe-shine stand in Milwaukee. He's making the trip down to see the banner raised. Look for the guy in the cheesehead with really shiny shoes.

As far as the opener goes: Why not Analheim? Might as well start with them. At least it should be better than the last couple of years. St. Louis (if you count Sweden as "home") and Toronto. Talk about embarassing. At least for the Ducks we bring our A game.

And as much as I hate them, I do love the Stache and I would do obscene things to get Getzlaf in a Wings jersey.

Edited by 55fan