• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

Don't you guys think its a little biased to put the wings against the hawks on the hawks banner raising game. You know what they'll be chanting when that thing goes up into the rafters. I just hope the wings feed off of that and beat the living s*** out of those little brats. GOOOOO WINGS!!!

#2 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Well, on the bright side, if that doesn't add enough fuel to the fire for the Wings to win I don't know what will.

#3 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind the Leauge's motive for this was not to underline a historic and at times great rivalry between two of its most followed and historied franchies, but rather as a shameless way to insult us. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was probablly planned, but do you honestly think that was the main intention ?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 21 June 2010 - 07:35 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#4 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind the Leauge's motive for this was not to underline a historic and at times great rivalry between two of its most followed and historied franchies, but rather as a shameless way to insult us. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was probablly planned, but do you honestly think that was the motive?

Yea i hope im not sounding all conspiracy theory on everyone but its just a little suspicious. Thats why i just said if the wings can get anything from this hawks love fest is to get motivation to beat the living piss out of em and spoil the party.

#5 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

Yea i hope im not sounding all conspiracy theory on everyone but its just a little suspicious. Thats why i just said if the wings can get anything from this hawks love fest is to get motivation to beat the living piss out of em and spoil the party.

Oh, I have no doubt that we were chosen deliberatly, but honestly I think the Leauge's focus was on making the game something outside fans could have interest in. People love grudge matches,the NHL knows this. I wouldn't take it personally if I was a Wing at all.

One thing I can agree on is the energy level, however. We better win that game.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#6 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Let them have their moment. He who laugh's last...

#7 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Wings win 14-3.

Howard has a hat trick and stuart scores an own goal.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#8 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

If the Wings are in town, I'll be at the game. Hmm, maybe I'll show up late for this one.

As much as I HATE the Hawks... I do love a good rivalry. The Wings-Aves rivalry a yore produced some of the best games of my life. I don't mind a little extra fuel on the fire, all part of the process of a great rivalry.
Posted Image

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

We need to goon it up for that game. :thumbup:

Just like that final game in Slapshot, when the Syracuse team loaded their roster full of goons to prepare for the Chiefs.

Send those ******* a message for the rest of the season.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#10 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

Don't you guys think its a little biased to put the wings against the hawks on the hawks banner raising game. You know what they'll be chanting when that thing goes up into the rafters. I just hope the wings feed off of that and beat the living s*** out of those little brats. GOOOOO WINGS!!!

No. You're reading way too much into things.

#11 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Yes, I have no doubt in my mind the Leauge's motive for this was not to underline a historic and at times great rivalry between two One of its most followed and historied franchies, but rather as a shameless way to insult us. :rolleyes:

#12 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

This just means we get one more chance to ruin it for them. How great would it be for the Wings to shame them 8-0?

#13 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Yes, because only the Red Wings are mad that the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup instead of them. All other 28 teams, including the four they played in the playoffs (read: not us), wanted the Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup.

<_<

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Ya ya, we'll hear the chant, let em chant. Too bad half of their Cup winning players will be playing elsewhere that night! Hell, there might even be one on the opposing team that night! :lol:

Wonder why, since they blew their cap load, people aren't saying that the Hawks "BOUGHT" the Cup? In a Cap world that has to be the closest thing to BUYING the Cup than anything, right?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#15 Happy Pancake

Happy Pancake

Courage Wolf Inspires Howie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Defending Cup champs knocked off by archrival Detroit to chants of 'Detroit sucks' sounds like a good, albeit rambling, headline for the next morning.

#16 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

Who wants to bet "Detroit Sucks" is chanted during the rising of the banner?f****** awesome fans in Chicago, awesome. Cheer for your goddamn team and get over the obsession with Detroit.

#NOMOREKINDL

#17 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

They didn't beat us in the playoffs so it really doesn't chap my ass any more to have them raise it against us. If we had to watch Pittsburgh raise theirs last year I would've been pissed. (maybe we did and I just blocked it out of my mind)
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#18 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

I doubt a conspiracy theory. A conspiracy theory implies some deceit or clandestine operation, the grassy knoll for instance.

I'm assuming the league said here are 2 original 6 members that don't like each other. This game is a no brainer, the league should think like this. Like you said a good motivational tool for the Wings.

Look at the bright side, more than a few members of the winning team won't be in the building that night due to the cap.
They may even lay off slobbing Cindy's knob that night, or Ovie's for that matter.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#19 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Meh, who really cares? While they're admiring their banner from last year, we'll beating their ass on the ice and taking over first place in the division this year.

#20 Lamothe

Lamothe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Wings win 14-3.

Howard has a hat trick and stuart scores an own goal.

This. LOL.