• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyTownHouligan

Blackhawks playing Wings for banner raising game

Rate this topic

Considering how our last banner-raising game went, this is a good thing. They'll be all over themselves about how great they were last year. Good time for the Wings to just step in and win.

Don't you guys think its a little biased to put the wings against the hawks on the hawks banner raising game. You know what they'll be chanting when that thing goes up into the rafters. I just hope the wings feed off of that and beat the living s*** out of those little brats. GOOOOO WINGS!!!

the wings play the hawks 8 times/year. that's 10.25% chance that the wings are going to be playing the hawks on the banner game. and if they play the hawks early in the year, there's an even better chance. i like it personally...just like carman said, it'll add fuel to their fire. listen to the interviews with wings players. it stings them when they don't win it cause they have a legitimate shot every year. lids don't like it when someone else has his cup!

Guest mindfly

Hawks didn't even play the Wings this playoffs, so how is this rubbing it in our face?

Playing Philly for the banner raising game would be rubbing it in a team's face.

That is true, but to be fair, do you REALLY think wings would have anything to say against the hawks? I have some hope detroit will get better this season but last season and playoffs it was crystal clear which team was the best. Wings almost got sweeped by the sharks while the sharks got sweeped by the hawks, hawks last season was a much more complete team even though wings managed to win about half of the regular season games against them.

Edited by mindfly

That is true, but to be fair, do you REALLY think wings would have anything to say against the hawks? I have some hope detroit will get better this season but last season and playoffs it was crystal clear which team was the best. Wings almost got sweeped by the sharks while the sharks got sweeped by the hawks, hawks last season was a much more complete team even though wings managed to win about half of the regular season games against them.

I wasn't implying somehow that the Wings would've beaten the Hawks or anything.

I simply meant that the teams never even played one another in the playoffs, so how is it rubbing the Cup win in Detroit's face any more than any other team?

Detroit wasn't the last Stanley Cup champion, they didn't meet the Hawks in the playoffs. Like I said, if it were San Jose or Philly, the could be seen as rubbing it in.

They didn't beat us to get there. It's just another game as far as the Red Wings are concerned. Our job is to win, and hopefully we will. Let them raise their banner -- they earned it. If we win it this upcoming season, return the favor and have the Hawks come to town for that.

AMEN! Just another game, and remember Hawks "fans", that is for a Championship in a game called [hok-ee] not basketball. Sound it out...very good! Feel free to tune in around March.

the wings play the hawks 8 times/year. that's 10.25% chance that the wings are going to be playing the hawks on the banner game. and if they play the hawks early in the year, there's an even better chance. i like it personally...just like carman said, it'll add fuel to their fire. listen to the interviews with wings players. it stings them when they don't win it cause they have a legitimate shot every year. lids don't like it when someone else has his cup!

This is a really good point, i think that its just the luck of the draw and we drew the banner game. Maybe this we be a season long thing of seeing that banner in your rivals stadium and get some inspiration from it to beat everyone this year.

Guest mindfly

I wasn't implying somehow that the Wings would've beaten the Hawks or anything.

I simply meant that the teams never even played one another in the playoffs, so how is it rubbing the Cup win in Detroit's face any more than any other team?

Detroit wasn't the last Stanley Cup champion, they didn't meet the Hawks in the playoffs. Like I said, if it were San Jose or Philly, the could be seen as rubbing it in.

Yeah my bad :blush:

Surprisingly I'm not nearly as annoyed by Chicago winning it as I was Pittsburgh. Granted, Pittsburgh beat Detroit, but I'm just indifferent to Chicago winning. Their team's going to look way different. Plus, it just seems like their fans are obsessed with the Red Wings more than they are worried about their own team's success. It feels like the big brother let his little brother win one so he won't cry.

I'll be thinking about the Chicago players who won't be there. You know, the players who'll be playing for another team because they had to be dealt in an attempt to save money. And then, I'll laugh.

I don't get it. All teams have to do this. We did this past year. That's just how it works in a hard capped league.