• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Annoying Fan Stories

Rate this topic

After watching the World Cup the past week or so I have found myself hating that vuvuzela. This GIF illustrates my hate:

A-Message-To-All-Vuvuzela-Haters.gif

Has anyone ever gone to a game (most likely away) and seen so many people engaging in such an idiotic display of pride for their team? The TooToo train whistle immediately jumps to mind. Has anyone ever experienced something that goes over their head and ruins your experience of the game?

If anybody shows up with one of those at a hockey game, they deserve to have it broken in two over their head. Hopefully everybody will have forgotten about all this nonsense by October.

Ducks fans are pretty annoying...nothing too ridiculous, though. Just some guy next to me with a voice like a foghorn yelling, "HEY HOWARD, YOOOOOOU SUCK!" right into my ear. Insult Howard all you want - I mean, I don't like it, but it is a Ducks game, but Jesus, I think Howard could've heard you if he was down the road at Angel Stadium.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

I doubt we'll see horns etc. allowed soon in a closed arena for NHL or NBA games, but vuvuzelas/horns are part of the fan experience for a lot of international soccer matches and locations and have been for a long while, so don't know what to tell ya there...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Sacramento when they were good and consistently made the playoffs in the NBA recently, fans bought cowbells for noisemakers when the other team shot free throws and stuff. Nashville fans have whistles for the Tootoo thingy. Neither bother me because it's part of the fan experiences there and they aren't hurting anybody so...

And I've been to a game in Nashville before, experience and atmosphere and Nashville area were great. As long as you don't throw any projectiles or drinks at me when I'm not doing anything to provoke you or threaten me or ruin the fan experience of others (i.e. cursing obnoxiously over and over again with kids around, etc.) or whatever, I don't give a damn what fans do.

Every team is going to have their bad apple fans so unless it's just something really out of whack, it's just something I don't go out of my way to worry about or get upset about really.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan