• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Holland Looking to sign an Enforcer

Rate this topic

Perry would never fight Boogaard. Neither would 90% of the league. Maybe Getzlaf would, but it would be a stupid move on his part. Getting Getzlaf off the ice for 5 minutes and Boogaard off the ice too is a win win.

I meant perry and getzlaf would think twice about trying to pull s*** with our stars like running them or trying to fight them with boogaard around.

I want a guy who can fight, kill penalties, play physical, not take stupid penalties, fit our system (be fast enough etc.) and play 10mins a night.

With Boogaard I'm concerned about the PK part, the 10min part, the system part and the stupid penalties part.

:rolleyes:

And I want a woman who looks like Brigitte Bardot circa 1963, and doesn't ask any questions.

Stop being unrealistic. Holland signed two enforcers recently who didn't play 10 minutes a night. Obviously, his plans are different than yours.

I want a guy who can fight, kill penalties, play physical, not take stupid penalties, fit our system (be fast enough etc.) and play 10mins a night.

With Boogaard I'm concerned about the PK part, the 10min part, the system part and the stupid penalties part.

Our 4th line didn't even play 10 minutes a night last year but if we get a fighter he has too? He doesn't take stupid penalties especially give his style of play, hes one of the smarter guys in the game. I've seen guys like Orr roughing him up but Boogard won't hit him back because his team is leading by a goal etc.

Not every single player on the team kill spenalties either. Its a plus but we have Helm, Eaves, Cleary, Abby, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Flip. If we have one guy on the 4th line who plays the least amount of time in a night that can't kill penalties thats fine with me.

All teh stuff you said is a plus but youre saying things that not all the guys on our 4th line could do last year AND you want them to fight.

:rolleyes:

And I want a woman who looks like Brigitte Bardot circa 1963, and doesn't ask any questions.

Stop being unrealistic. Holland signed two enforcers recently who didn't play 10 minutes a night. Obviously, his plans are different than yours.

That's what I want. But it doesn't matter if the player doesn't have all those qualities. A guy like Boogaard doesn't even have half of them IMO.

Our 4th line didn't even play 10 minutes a night last year but if we get a fighter he has too? He doesn't take stupid penalties especially give his style of play, hes one of the smarter guys in the game. I've seen guys like Orr roughing him up but Boogard won't hit him back because his team is leading by a goal etc.

Not every single player on the team kill spenalties either. Its a plus but we have Helm, Eaves, Cleary, Abby, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Flip. If we have one guy on the 4th line who plays the least amount of time in a night that can't kill penalties thats fine with me.

All teh stuff you said is a plus but youre saying things that not all the guys on our 4th line could do last year AND you want them to fight.

Well, like I said it's not like the player HAS to have all those qualities. But most of them would be nice. I don't mind paying over 1M if he can do them.

I want a well rounded team.

Our team has a good top 6, but lacks some physicality on the lower two lines, and doesn't have an enforcer.

I say we can still sign an enforcer and a grinding 3rd liner to boot. It's not like it has to be one or the other, especially since we're not talking about signing a highly paid star.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I want a well rounded team.

Our team has a good top 6, but lacks some physicality on the lower two lines, and doesn't have an enforcer.

I say we can still sign an enforcer and a grinding 3rd liner to boot. It's not like it has to be one or the other, especially since we're not talking about signing a highly paid star.

maybe kenny's plan is to sign winchester and boogaard :hehe:

We can dream...

could be a reality depending on how the RFA's work out although im sure abby and helm are 100% going to be on the wings next season. Who knows about miller and eaves and if rittola is even in the plans. Meech will be a goner either way.

could be a reality depending on how the RFA's work out although im sure abby and helm are 100% going to be on the wings next season. Who knows about miller and eaves and if rittola is even in the plans. Meech will be a goner either way.

I wouldlove to get rid of Miller, Meech and Ritola. Sign someone like Konopka or Boogard then add like a Nystrom/Winchester type.

But he can create energy, is probably the biggest hitter in the league and the most feared heavyweight. Which is what you want in a 4th line player. He's not the worst hockey player either. He's a better skater than Downey was and Downey managed to spend a full season with us.

Most feared heavyweight for sure, but biggest hitter in the league?? I didn't see Boogaard a ton last season, but I wouldn't even call him top 10. He's huge, so when he does land hits they leave a mark. But he so often misses.

I meant perry and getzlaf would think twice about trying to pull s*** with our stars like running them or trying to fight them with boogaard around.

Ah. I could see that.

Depends on who they did it too.

Honestly I wouldn't want any Wings player to take someone out with a knee on knee hit like that.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but I'd be much more okay with a crosshcheck to the teeth than that. It's not like a crosscheck to the face is nice, but you can mangle a guys knee and end his career with a knee on knee. Losing some chiclets is nasty, but probably not a career ender. There's just something extra cheap about kneeing.

Depends on who they did it too.

Well, if it happened to Getzlaf it would still technically be wrong... but I'd laugh and point.

Back on the main point, my ideal would be what GMR and newfy said: a grit guy and a heavyweight. Only thing to do now is see what Holland and co. think, though.

As scary as Boogaard is, I think the team would much rather have a guy who fights less and does more. I'd think that one of Asham, Nystrom or Winchester is much more likely.

Yeah it would be better for the team to have guys like that but in an interview Nill said he was looking for guys to fill the May/Downey role and that they had some free agents in mind.

That tells me they don't wanna spend that much cash on someone like Asham and would rather have more of a straight up enforcer that costs less.