• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

could be a reality depending on how the RFA's work out although im sure abby and helm are 100% going to be on the wings next season. Who knows about miller and eaves and if rittola is even in the plans. Meech will be a goner either way.

I wouldlove to get rid of Miller, Meech and Ritola. Sign someone like Konopka or Boogard then add like a Nystrom/Winchester type.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#142 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

At his best he's reckless, at his worst he's dirty... This knee on knee makes Laraque's look subtle.

Point taken; I would not want to see *anyone* in a Wings sweater do something like that.

#143 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,646 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Point taken; I would not want to see *anyone* in a Wings sweater do something like that.

Depends on who they did it too.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#144 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

But he can create energy, is probably the biggest hitter in the league and the most feared heavyweight. Which is what you want in a 4th line player. He's not the worst hockey player either. He's a better skater than Downey was and Downey managed to spend a full season with us.

Most feared heavyweight for sure, but biggest hitter in the league?? I didn't see Boogaard a ton last season, but I wouldn't even call him top 10. He's huge, so when he does land hits they leave a mark. But he so often misses.

I meant perry and getzlaf would think twice about trying to pull s*** with our stars like running them or trying to fight them with boogaard around.

Ah. I could see that.

Honestly I wouldn't want any Wings player to take someone out with a knee on knee hit like that.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but I'd be much more okay with a crosshcheck to the teeth than that. It's not like a crosscheck to the face is nice, but you can mangle a guys knee and end his career with a knee on knee. Losing some chiclets is nasty, but probably not a career ender. There's just something extra cheap about kneeing.

#145 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

Well, if it happened to Getzlaf it would still technically be wrong... but I'd laugh and point.

Back on the main point, my ideal would be what GMR and newfy said: a grit guy and a heavyweight. Only thing to do now is see what Holland and co. think, though.

#146 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

As scary as Boogaard is, I think the team would much rather have a guy who fights less and does more. I'd think that one of Asham, Nystrom or Winchester is much more likely.

#147 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

As scary as Boogaard is, I think the team would much rather have a guy who fights less and does more. I'd think that one of Asham, Nystrom or Winchester is much more likely.

Yeah it would be better for the team to have guys like that but in an interview Nill said he was looking for guys to fill the May/Downey role and that they had some free agents in mind.

That tells me they don't wanna spend that much cash on someone like Asham and would rather have more of a straight up enforcer that costs less.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24