• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

I lost a lot of respect for him after he took the majority of a season off... to just rest.
That had to really rub that locker room in the wrong way. His hemming and hawing forced some regretable moves on the chance he would be coming back and I bet the Ducks are really wishing right now they had held Pronger over Niedermayer.

His elbow on Datsyuk was something you would expect from a player like Matt Cooke - I don't think that is bebing overplayed at all; that's the type of cheapshot a lot of horrendous injuries have resulted from... and on the perrenial Lady Byng winner!

Agreed. I mean, there's no denying he's a good defenseman. though I thought he was overrated in his last few seasons, particularly this past one, because of his smoooooth skating.

I liked him in Jersey, but maybe partly because I didn't see him play a lot. As captain of the Ducks, he really did jerk his team around. Retirement is a tough decision, but he put them in an even tougher spot.

then crap like the flying elbow doesn't help.

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

If the Ducks are able to compete at a high level this season, I can realistically see him wanting to lace 'em up again.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman