• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Nathan Horton traded to Boston

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Man is boston scary. 2 huge additions in Seguin and Horton without it even hitting july.

Yeah. Not too mention Wheeler and Lucic are primed for some breakout seasons.

2010-11 BOSTON BRUINS

LEFT WING CENTER RIGHT WING

Milan Lucic ($4.1m) Marc Savard ($4.0m) Nathan Horton ($4.0m)

David Krejci ($3.8m) * Tyler Seguin ($0.9m) * Blake Wheeler ($2.5m)

Marco Sturm ($3.5m) Patrice Bergeron ($4.8m) Michael Ryder ($4.0m)

* Steve Begin ($0.8m) * Vladimir Sobotka ($0.8m) Shawn Thornton ($0.8m)

* Mikko Lehtonen ($0.8m)

LEFT DEFENSE RIGHT DEFENSE

Zdeno Chara ($7.5m) Dennis Seidenberg ($3.2m)

Andrew Ference ($2.2m) * Johnny Boychuk ($1.2m)

* Mark Stuart ($1.3m) Matt Hunwick ($1.4m)

* Andy Wozniewski ($0.5m)

GOALTENDERS

Tuukka Rask ($1.2m)

Tim Thomas ($5.0m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; CAP: $59.0m; PAYROLL: $59.103m; CAP ROOM: $-0.103m BONUSES: $0.000m

could be solid line-up next year for the Bruins, they are saying Leafs are offering Kaberle for Bergeron dont know though

Decent return for Horton, but I'm surprised Florida didn't get more. Horton is exactly the type of player NHL GM's overvalue. Poor Florida, anytime they get a decent draft spot, they draft second-liners like Horton and Weiss.

Fla now has 5 top 50 picks in this draft!....i disagree about him being a 2nd liner maybe on some stacked teams or even the Wings but he is a top line guy for sure

Fla now has 5 top 50 picks in this draft!....i disagree about him being a 2nd liner maybe on some stacked teams or even the Wings but he is a top line guy for sure

I like this move for both teams. But in the short term, obviously Boston gains more. A healthy Nathan Horton should really help Boston's overall offensive performance. And Greg Campbell is a very underrated player. The Bruins will definitely be in the hunt in the east next season.

Decent return for Horton, but I'm surprised Florida didn't get more. Horton is exactly the type of player NHL GM's overvalue. Poor Florida, anytime they get a decent draft spot, they draft second-liners like Horton and Weiss.

Weiss yes, Horton not a second liner.

Can someone explain to me how this trade makes any sense for Florida? Both players are about the same salary-wise and Horton is younger. They give up a young power fwd for a dman who averages around 35 pts per year. Is getting a mid 1st round pick that valuable?

Edited by Manoir

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Can someone explain to me how this trade makes any sense for Florida? Both players are about the same salary-wise and Horton is younger. They give up a young power fwd for a dman who averages around 35 pts per year. Is getting a mid 1st round pick that valuable?

Probably assumed they would not be able to resign Horton in the coming years.

Maybe on Florida he played some top-line minutes, but he's never put up more than 62 points.

Would you consider Franzen a first liner in Florida? Horton puts up more points then Mule on a team where he doesn't get playing time with Datsyuk

Would you consider Franzen a first liner in Florida? Horton puts up more points then Mule on a team where he doesn't get playing time with Datsyuk

Not trying to follow you around or anything...just seen this post and had to comment.

Franzen had 21 points in 27 games last season and in the last 3 playoffs he has had these stats:

16 games - 18 points

23 games - 23 points

12 games - 18 points

That is why he is a first liner. I like Horton but I don't consider him a first liner on any team but a non-playoff team. He is sent to any of the 16 playoff teams and he is a second liner at best and a 3rd on several teams.

Edited by chrisyo

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Not trying to follow you around or anything...just seen this post and had to comment.

Franzen had 21 points in 27 games last season and in the last 3 playoffs he has had these stats:

16 games - 18 points

23 games - 23 points

12 games - 18 points

That is why he is a first liner. I like Horton but I don't consider him a first liner on any team but a non-playoff team. He is sent to any of the 16 playoff teams and he is a second liner at best and a 3rd on several teams.

Reply to the bolded: NO

Reply to the "2nd liner at best on any playoff team"

Nashville

Phoenix

Montreal

None of those teams have 3 forwards better than Horton.Cases can be made that several other teams could not, including Colorado and Ottawa. Last year, he would easily be the Wing's 4th best forward. The guy is a proven 25-30 goal talent, is decent in his own zone, and a banger. I'm not saying he's better than Franzen, but you underrate him drastically.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest Crymson

You again with this crap. Have you ever even watched Horton play on any sort of consistent basis? If not, how could you possibly know what he brings to the table compared to Franzen? You've made the fairly bold claim that Horton is a better player than Franzen is, but you have zero data of your own to back it up.

Edited by Crymson

Horton requested a trade some time ago, so they were going to lose a former first-rounder for nothing at the termination of his contract. Best make the player happy and get something in return for the organization.

Horton is going to have a breakout season with the Bruins im telling you all now, there was rumors back in 08 that Horton wanted out of Fla because he wasnt happy there the team wasnt getting any better then traded Jokinen, there was multiple times reports came out saying he himself said he has lost some passion for the game and i even remember one saying he was thinking of retiring because of it. I think coming to a team like the Bruins who are a contender, have alot of good young/old talent will take alot of pressure off of him, im going to say now he will put up 70pts

Who lead the ENTIRE NHL in points per game this playoff season?

Come on... guess.

Pro tip: he wasn't named Nathan.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You again with this crap. Have you ever even watched Horton play on any sort of consistent basis? If not, how could you possibly know what he brings to the table compared to Franzen? You've made the fairly bold claim that Horton is a better player than Franzen is, but you have zero data of your own to back it up.

By that same logic, have you ever watched Newfy throughout the day on any consistent basis? Do you have his tv viewing history at your disposal? No? Than how can you know whether or not someone is informed or not on a player? I haven't watched much of Florida the past few years, but I've probably watched a good 60 games worth of the Capitals the past 2 years, simply due to having interest and enjoying their play style. How do you know whether or not someone has a 2nd favorite team?