• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Nathan Horton traded to Boston

Rate this topic

You again with this crap. Have you ever even watched Horton play on any sort of consistent basis? If not, how could you possibly know what he brings to the table compared to Franzen? You've made the fairly bold claim that Horton is a better player than Franzen is, but you have zero data of your own to back it up.

On a fairly consistent basis actually. I watch a lot of Florida games because:

a) They play Tampa quite a bit who I follow because I had season tickets for the Sarnia sting and like seeing what Stamkos can do.

b) Horton was one of the top producers on my fantasy team this year so I watched quite a bit until he got his leg broken and missed 15 games or so .

Yes I do know what he brings to the table compared to Mule. He's much younger, has been better statistically so far in his career, and is also a lot more physical then Mule. My data is their regular season stats and what I've seen from both of them. Given their age and the fact that Horton has broken 60 points twice, high 50s once and Franzen has hit high 50s once and the rest of his point totals have been in the 30s, I'm comfortable with saying in the regular season Horton is a better player then Franzen, now wait til he's playing with a guy liek Savard and youll really see it. Mule has guys like Datsyuk setting him up, who did Horton have?

Its unfair to look at playoffs because Horton hasn't been there. He very well could put up points like Mule did in playoffs or might nto at all. But right now regular season wise, not to mention age, Horton is better then Franzen.

Now you haven't made an argument saying why Mule is better but youre the one talking about "data". Give me some data besides.. umm well he has a lot of playoff points. Because you can't prove that Horton wouldn't or that he would.