• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Cap to $59.64 million?

Rate this topic

BREAKING NEWS: Post has learned NHLPA votes YES on 5-percent cap escalator and YES on extending CBA through 2011-12.

not sure how credible larry brooks is but this is good news

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

"NHLPA votes to keep 5 per cent growth factor in the salary cap. Expect a cap of $58.5- to $59-million to be announced by Friday."

updated

Edited by redwingfan19

That's more then what was expected, right?

If I remember correctly they were thinking it would go up to 58 million at the most. I could be wrong though.

This suddenly makes a guy like Nystrom a bit more of a possibility.

Damn, this is good. We are one of the teams that will benefit most from this. Now we can afford a FA that will actually be able to make an impact on the team. Im feeling pretty good about next season, anyone else?

I havent really been keeping track, but when we get our RFA's signed up and everything sorted out what will our roster look like and how much cap space will we have to throw at someone?

Edited by cjm502

I havent really been keeping track, but when we get our RFS's signed up and everything sorted out what will our roster look like and how much cap space will we have to throw at someone?

We have about 5.5 million in cap space now I believe. I doubt we'll tie up more then 3 million in our RFA's. So probably about 2 million for another roster player assumign we sign all our RFA's. If Miller is gone we'll have a bit more.

We have about 5.5 million in cap space now I believe. I doubt we'll tie up more then 3 million in our RFA's. So probably about 2 million for another roster player assumign we sign all our RFA's. If Miller is gone we'll have a bit more.

Agreed, but bodies have to move. I don't think the Red Wings will wanna carry 14 forwards, but who knows. Either way, this kind of room gives Kenny some more options now. Good deal.

:thumbup: Alright, this is looking pretty good. The off season just got a lot more exciting, time to wait and see who we pick up.

That's more then what was expected, right?

We don't know yet. No reason to get excited, that 59.64 is just 5% higher than this year's number.

What really happens is the NHL will set a new cap number, then add 5% to that. The actual cap could still go down for all anyone knows. [edit to add: It could also be even higher than that. It's a good sign, but we shouldn't spend the money yet.] I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet, most people expected the NHLPA to trigger the inflator.

Bigger news is the extension of the CBA. I believe that will let teams like Boston and Chicago take advantage of the bonus cushion again.

Edited by Buppy

Agreed, but bodies have to move. I don't think the Red Wings will wanna carry 14 forwards, but who knows. Either way, this kind of room gives Kenny some more options now. Good deal.

Yeah just because guys played good for us doesn't mean they deserve to be here for an extended time.

Miller was picked up off waivers because we were hurting on injuries and then played well. He didn't play well enough to say he deserves to be here and sacrifice makign this team tougher to play against when Miller brings absolutely nothing to the table at all.

lines with the new cap with plenty of room to add a player at the deadline:

YOUR 2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.850m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m) / * Zenon Konopka ($0.650m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Garnett Exelby ($1.100m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 23; CAP:$59.6m; PAYROLL: $58.492m; CAP ROOM: $1.108m BONUSES: $0.000m

obviously this isn't accurate and I dont know how much the RFA's will get. Just ballparking it.

Yeah just because guys played good for us doesn't mean they deserve to be here for an extended time.

Miller was picked up off waivers because we were hurting on injuries and then played well. He didn't play well enough to say he deserves to be here and sacrifice makign this team tougher to play against when Miller brings absolutely nothing to the table at all.

Miller brings more than any two bit thug on skates do. He can kill penalties, hes a solid defensive forward, and doesn't cost much, and hes a hometown guy.