• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Cap to $59.64 million?

Rate this topic

Miller brings more than any two bit thug on skates do. He can kill penalties, hes a solid defensive forward, and doesn't cost much, and hes a hometown guy.

I'm not saying a thug on skates does provide more but I'm saying a thug on skates provides something we don't have and Miller doesn't really provide much at all.

He's an average penalty killer that Abdelkader can replace next year. Konopka is also solid defensively for a 4th line guy. But he hits harder then Miller does. Hometown guy doesnt really mean much in the NHL

lines with the new cap with plenty of room to add a player at the deadline:

YOUR 2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.850m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m) / * Zenon Konopka ($0.650m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Garnett Exelby ($1.100m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 23; CAP:$59.6m; PAYROLL: $58.492m; CAP ROOM: $1.108m BONUSES: $0.000m

obviously this isn't accurate and I dont know how much the RFA's will get. Just ballparking it.

Thats pretty damn close to what the RFAs will get except Abby will get a raise of at least 10% so his cap hit will be a bit higher. I like that roster, I don't know if Exelby will only get 1.1 but someone else that is a similar player to him could be put into that spot for the same price.

I really like that roster.

I'm not saying a thug on skates does provide more but I'm saying a thug on skates provides something we don't have and Miller doesn't really provide much at all.

He's an average penalty killer that Abdelkader can replace next year. Konopka is also solid defensively for a 4th line guy. But he hits harder then Miller does. Hometown guy doesnt really mean much in the NHL

Him and Eaves are the reason why our PK went from 78 to 84%. We don't need a guy who spends more time in the box then on the ice.. our team is best when it can roll four lines not 3.5

Sutton baaby.

Sutton made 3.5 last year and looked pretty good, especially with Ottawa. I don't think he'd want to take a pay decrease, but who knows. I think Sutton would be like my wishlist version of a 3rd pairing guy.

Thats pretty damn close to what the RFAs will get except Abby will get a raise of at least 10% so his cap hit will be a bit higher. I like that roster, I don't know if Exelby will only get 1.1 but someone else that is a similar player to him could be put into that spot for the same price.

I really like that roster.

exelby made $1,391,666 last season. I could see him taking slightly less to come to a good team. I also like jay mckee for a 6th D man as well, one of the premier shot blockers in the game. I don't think kenny breaks the bank on a guy like sutton.

Edited by redwingfan19

exelby made $1,391,666 last season. I could see him taking slightly less to come to a good team. I also like jay mckee for a 6th D man as well, one of the premier shot blockers in the game. I don't think kenny breaks the bank on a guy like sutton.

I know it isn't impossible but I just don't wanna get my hopes up. Add a guy like X and Konopka to our lineup next year with Abdelkader as well and I'm gonna be loving red wings hockey :yowza:

Guest mindfly

Has it been confirmed that it's 59.64? I just read it will "hit" 59...

Maybe the Wings should save $1.5 - $2 mil to make a deadline move and upgrade? I'd hate to see us spend right up to the cap and have another eight players on the IR in December.

Get an Asham or Nystrom, and maybe resign Lilja at #6. Work on getting a higher value of non-roster players like Janik that can fill in for a dozen or so games as needed. Then at the trade deadline, try to nab that Hamhuis-type that might have helped us against the Sharks.

From TSN :

The players also voted to retain the five per cent growth factor for next season, which ensures the salary cap will rise for a fifth straight time.

As part of the CBA, the players have the right to include five per cent of growth in calculations for the following season's cap once revenues exceed US$2.1 billion.

The current cap of $56.8 million is expected to rise to roughly $59 million.

Five percent added to $56.8 million would be the $59.64 million figure. Thank you, Canadian dollar!!!

I know it isn't impossible but I just don't wanna get my hopes up. Add a guy like X and Konopka to our lineup next year with Abdelkader as well and I'm gonna be loving red wings hockey :yowza:

this is my hope :)

and don't forget big E!

the thing that is the best about the cap going up is that kenny can fill needs now and not have to worry about going over the cap and still have a million or so left for a deadline acquisition.

Edited by redwingfan19

this is my hope :)

and don't forget big E!

the thing that is the best about the cap going up is that kenny can fill needs now and not have to worry about going over the cap and still have a million or so left for a deadline acquisition.

Big E will play tougher with a guy like X on his pairing with him knowing someone would always have his back. Not to mention Abby and Konopka or a smaller less tough fighter like Nystrom upfront and we would have a tough team to play against.

Every defense pairing has absolute hammers on them except for if Lids/ Rafi are together. Then upfront you have the perfect balance of toughness and skill with Abby and Konopka on the roster taking care of business hammering the other teams defense and makign sure nobody messes with Datsyuk.

Sutton made 3.5 last year and looked pretty good, especially with Ottawa. I don't think he'd want to take a pay decrease, but who knows. I think Sutton would be like my wishlist version of a 3rd pairing guy.

it was more of a joke than anything, he will get a raise i think, but it at least makes the scenario more plausible.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 17; CAP: $59.0m; PAYROLL: $53.675m; CAP ROOM: $5.325m BONUSES: $0.000m

leaves 5.965mill to sign Helm, Abby and whoever else

Big E will play tougher with a guy like X on his pairing with him knowing someone would always have his back. Not to mention Abby and Konopka or a smaller less tough fighter like Nystrom upfront and we would have a tough team to play against.

Every defense pairing has absolute hammers on them except for if Lids/ Rafi are together. Then upfront you have the perfect balance of toughness and skill with Abby and Konopka on the roster taking care of business hammering the other teams defense and makign sure nobody messes with Datsyuk.

You and I damn well both know Holland won't go after a team like that :(

I think it needs to be said that the salary cap has not been changed to $59.64m. There is no official statement releasing the exact salary cap figure. A few second-hand sources have simply jumped to conclusions without knowing the facts, that's all. The topic title should be changed -- it's wrong.

The only thing the statement confirms is that the cap will go up.

You and I damn well both know Holland won't go after a team like that :(

Well he's going to sign a 6th dman I think, 6th d types are usually tougher type players. Abby will play for sure andhe said he wanted to add an enforcer. We very well might have a tough team next year.

July 1st definitely got more exciting now. The cap is almost at 60 million and they were thinking 58 at the most.

No reason to not sign someone tough now and still have cap room :thumbup:

Nvm, read it wrong :P

Well he's going to sign a 6th dman I think, 6th d types are usually tougher type players. Abby will play for sure andhe said he wanted to add an enforcer. We very well might have a tough team next year.

5th/6th D-men should be tough at least, but they also make league minimum or close to it as possible. So don't expevt anyone that will make near a 1mil cap hit a year. 850K at most. Same thing goes for anyone on the fourth line.

Edited by Konnan511

the wings have like 5M now

And 5 RFA's with qualifying offers that will yield salaries around $700,000-$800,000.

Just kidding-- Meech can go climb a tree. ;)

Of course, if Holland plans on picking a fighter up for the 4th line AND keeping all of the RFA forwards that will give us 15 forwards (including Ritola who won't be let go without a good trade offer). Add on the 7 defensemen (assuming they keep Meech and are happy with an all kid bottom 3) and 2 goalies and that gives the Wings 24 people on the roster. You can't carry that many players on the active roster so something will have to give.