• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Cap to $59.64 million?

Rate this topic

Few thoughts, everything I read says roughly 59 million, so I don't think it will be all the way to 59.64. Next thought, people thinking Miller will not be re-signed...think again...roster limits and cap can both be exceeded until the season starts.

The Wings will go into training camp with 15 forwards signed and they will let the people in the bottom half (i.e. Miller, Eaves, Ritola, etc.) duke it out for who actually makes the team. Loser of that will be waived/traded Kyle Quincey style.

So don't count Miller off this team. He responded well when the team needed him too and played solid d, great on the PK, and chipped in offensively, plus is only 25. If it comes down to a competition he is such a hard worker I highly doubt he will play himself off the team. He WILL be on the 2010-2011 Red Wings IMO, and he will earn that right in training camp.

The Wings are really sitting pretty now. It opens up a lot of possibilities. Even if Holland doesn't make any real moves this summer, it leaves a lot of flex room for a blockbuster pickup at the trade deadline.

Few thoughts, everything I read says roughly 59 million, so I don't think it will be all the way to 59.64. Next thought, people thinking Miller will not be re-signed...think again...roster limits and cap can both be exceeded until the season starts.

The Wings will go into training camp with 15 forwards signed and they will let the people in the bottom half (i.e. Miller, Eaves, Ritola, etc.) duke it out for who actually makes the team. Loser of that will be waived/traded Kyle Quincey style.

So don't count Miller off this team. He responded well when the team needed him too and played solid d, great on the PK, and chipped in offensively, plus is only 25. If it comes down to a competition he is such a hard worker I highly doubt he will play himself off the team. He WILL be on the 2010-2011 Red Wings IMO, and he will earn that right in training camp.

You could say the same for Eaves. And if we add someone like a Nystrom, Konopka, Winchester, etc you could probably say similar things about them.

There's 11 forward spots that are basically locked in. And in light of recent happenings with Quincey and Leino, I think it will be pretty hard to beat Ritola out of a spot. Even with a $59M cap, we're not in such great shape that space won't be a factor. So we could be looking at Eaves vs Miller vs FA for 1 open spot. I wouldn't really like Miller's chances if that's what it came down to. I think he only comes back if we don't sign anyone new and we either carry 14 forwards or Ritola blows it in camp.

And again it needs to be said. $59.64 is NOT a confirmed cap figure. That was just some dummy tweeting without knowing what he was talking about. It could end up being around there, or it could be 59 or the 58.8 talked about earlier, or even lower. People need to stop acting like we got some huge windfall. Even in the best case scenario, we only slightly improved what was a fairly poor position to begin with.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

hm. well it's too bad we over paid for bertuzzi. (imo)

Very true . . . Miller will only not be re-signed if he doesn't want to be. Miller is a RFA and the Red Wings "have extended qualifying offers to all five of their restricted free agents: forwards Patrick Eaves, Drew Miller, Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm and defenseman Derek Meech. There have been some preliminary talks with the agents for Eaves and Miller. Eaves, Miller and Meech all have arbitration rights." That means Miller already has a contract offer from the Wings and can take it if he wants to and if he doesn't still has the right to go to arbitration and get his contract there. Unless another team makes an offer to Miller he will be re-signed by the Wings. Whether he will stay on the roster or be traded might be a different story (I agree they will probably let them duke it out at training camp / preseason).

Very true . . . Miller will only not be re-signed if he doesn't want to be. Miller is a RFA and the Red Wings "have extended qualifying offers to all five of their restricted free agents: forwards Patrick Eaves, Drew Miller, Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm and defenseman Derek Meech. There have been some preliminary talks with the agents for Eaves and Miller. Eaves, Miller and Meech all have arbitration rights." That means Miller already has a contract offer from the Wings and can take it if he wants to and if he doesn't still has the right to go to arbitration and get his contract there. Unless another team makes an offer to Miller he will be re-signed by the Wings. Whether he will stay on the roster or be traded might be a different story (I agree they will probably let them duke it out at training camp / preseason).

Just because they got qualifying offers doesn't mean they will be here. Holland has basically came out and said he will trade Meech but he was given a qualifying offer. If it means signing an available guy that will make this team better then Holland won't think twice about packaging up Miller and Meech andshipping them away I wouldn't think. Maybe at the draft even.

Just because they got qualifying offers doesn't mean they will be here. Holland has basically came out and said he will trade Meech but he was given a qualifying offer. If it means signing an available guy that will make this team better then Holland won't think twice about packaging up Miller and Meech andshipping them away I wouldn't think. Maybe at the draft even.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I wasn't commenting on whether Miller or any of the other RFA's would be playing for the Red Wings when the season starts next year but merely commenting on the sentiment of some that Miller won't be "re-signed." The Wings might trade him but he as already been offered a contract and his RFA status allows him to go to arbitration with the Wings if he doesn't like the offer. Miller may not play on the Wings next year but the offer has already been made if he wants a contract with the Wings, even if it turns out to be a brief one.

Everybody thinks it gonna be a UFA signing. This might mean we don't have to settle for the Millers of the NHL. Hopefully it's a Horton/Hamhuis type deal. Dustin Byfuglien is coming to Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dustin Byfuglien is coming to Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially 59.4 million ceiling and a 43.4 million floor per Bob McKenzie's Twitter

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 18; CAP: $59.4m; PAYROLL: $54.192m; CAP ROOM: $5.208m BONUSES: $0.000m

Wings officially have 5.208 million in cap space with offers out to Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader, Meech, Helm

Average salry for each of those will probably be around 750-800k so about 4 million

That leaves 1.208 million in cap space plus the money they save from whoever gets waived/traded after training camp. So they have about 1.8 million to spend on a UFA IMO.

Edited by russianswede919293

It's officially at $59.4 million (could someone update the title?)

Haven't been this interested in hockey since Franzen's 6 pt night; interested to see if Dats can win the Byng tonight as well.

<br />Very nice...Asham is in the realm for sure now. Diggin it. July 1st here we come.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ya for real, but the unfortunate part is everyone now has the same shot at him. Should be an awesome july 1st for "blockbusters" that have been lacking as of late.

From NHL :

The Governors were briefed on the economics of the game and presented with next year's budget, according to Commissioner Gary Bettman. There also was a presentation on the new salary-cap numbers, which were officially announced Thursday.

The Team Payroll Range established for the 2010-11 season, pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, provides for a lower limit of $43.4 million, an adjusted midpoint of $51.4 million and an upper limit of $59.4 million.

Officially 59.4 million ceiling and a 43.4 million floor per Bob McKenzie's Twitter

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 18; CAP: $59.4m; PAYROLL: $54.192m; CAP ROOM: $5.208m BONUSES: $0.000m

Wings officially have 5.208 million in cap space with offers out to Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader, Meech, Helm

Average salry for each of those will probably be around 750-800k so about 4 million

That leaves 1.208 million in cap space plus the money they save from whoever gets waived/traded after training camp. So they have about 1.8 million to spend on a UFA IMO.

Thanks for listing it all...

$1.8m assumes the Wings carry the maximum 23 man roster... Have they done that since the lockout?

If they go with a 22 man roster, now you're looking at $2.5m in cap space! I'm loving this situation right now.

Edited by egroen