• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChelisChick

No contract for Nabokov

Rate this topic

That's partially due to the fact that teams like San Jose and Calgary, while they have incredibly talented goaltenders, massively overplay them to the point that they're burned out come playoff time. That's a huge factor in Calgary's four consecutive losses in Round One (and missing the postseason completely this year), and why the Sharks were never able to get over the hump.

Don't forget NJ. Fatso is to old for that now.

Wow, if he can get on a team that doesn't require him to start 70 games a year, maybe he can show why he's so damn good and not be burnt out in the playoffs.

Do you think SJ is ever going to figure out that the President's Banner is the one that doesn't count in the long run?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I have absolutely no faith in Evgeni Nabokov.

Putting up great numbers on the San Jose Sharks isn't difficult. Just ask Vesa Toskala. :P

Well Nabby, you were my favorite player on the Sharks. Thanks for all the great memories. No one thought you would become this good. Drafted in the ninth round. You have overcame criticism throughout your whole career.

I remember:

- Your first save against Phoenix, when you had to come in the game because Shields twisted his ankle. It was a 2-1 Sharks lead, with about 50 seconds to go. JR blasted it from the left circle and you did the splits and a glove save. I knew from then on, you would be good.

- Nabokov's first shut out and his first ever start aganist Patty roy and the Avs

- Nabokov's first goal

- Nabokov's robbery of richards.

- When Nabokov silenced the critics winning two in Calgary to tie the series 2-2 in 2004.

- And of course, Nabokov's dance in this year's playoffs.

It will be weird not seeing Nabokov in nets for the Sharks. When I read about the news, I thought I was ready for it, but I was not. But its still a bitter sweet moment. And the news still hasn't soaked in for me.

But good luck Nabby, you deserve the cup. Funny, how I just got your jersey last year. If the Sharks get ousted next year, Nabby's team will be my second favorite team. Thanks for all the memories Nabby!

Shark fans will always remember Nabby for being the best goalie this franchise has ever had that was homegrown.

Edited by sharkfan20