• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
softshoes

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D.

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

608 goals, it's about time. My favorite player of all-time and he shouldn't have had to wait this long. Way to go Dino.

Couldn't agree more. One of my all time favorites, if not THE favorite player for me. In the past 2 years I had gotten to the point where I was pretty certain it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Man, was I shocked, relieved and ecstatic when I heard. DINO IS IN!!!!!! And Jimmy D, too. Awesome day!

Mark Howe? Sergei Makarov? These guys deserve to be in WAY before Ciccarelli.

Makarov hardly even played in the NHL. Dino has more goals in the NHL then he does games played. I think its safe to say Dino is more then deserving

I'm tickled to see Dino get in. I honestly believe that Homer learned a lot of his tricks from Dino. One of my all time faves. Congrats to both he and Jim Devellano - both deserving and both long overdue.

Makarov hardly even played in the NHL. Dino has more goals in the NHL then he does games played. I think its safe to say Dino is more then deserving

So? Last time I checked it was the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame.

That's not to say Dino is more or less deserving than Makarov, but your logic is flawed.

Cammi Granato is totally deserving of recognition for her accomplishments, but I think there should be a separate category for women. There is no way that there can be a comparison given how different everything is between the genders in the hockey world.

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D and the other winners as well.

Cammi Granato is totally deserving of recognition for her accomplishments, but I think there should be a separate category for women. There is no way that there can be a comparison given how different everything is between the genders in the hockey world.

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D and the other winners as well.

Women are separate... each year up to 4 men, 2 women and 2 builders can be accepted. No one else got the 14 out of 18 votes this year.

I am hearing Mark Howe came close this year :thumbup: Hopefully he will finally be 'forgiven' for daring to play in the WHA.

Dino's stick incident and off ice incidents are what kept him out for so long, but the guy deserves to be in. They just had to let those memories fade a bit I guess, or hold him out as punishment or something.

I think it is obvious the committee strongly believes in making players with black marks wait, and that first-year inductions are reserved for the true greats.

I do like that.

Women are separate... each year up to 4 men, 2 women and 2 builders can be accepted. No one else got the 14 out of 18 votes this year.

I am hearing Mark Howe came close this year :thumbup: Hopefully he will finally be 'forgiven' for daring to play in the WHA.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I had overheard in passing someone (male) complaining that the gals had taken the men's spots.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I had overheard in passing someone (male) complaining that the gals had taken the men's spots.

That was my first reaction as well... Just unusual to see only one male induction this year (I think the only other time was Wayne Gretzky), as there certainly are plenty of other men deserving and elgible.

The committee is such an old boy's club, I think all their moves 'say something'.

You know we ain't happy with you gals taking our spots when you know more than we do where you belong.

Being barefoot is part of it, I'll let you figure out the rest.;)

Mark Howe? Sergei Makarov? These guys deserve to be in WAY before Ciccarelli.

Have some issues with the picks start some threads about them, don't piss on Dino's accomplishments.

.........Dino way to go bud thumbup.gif. Long over due my friend

You know we ain't happy with you gals taking our spots when you know more than we do where you belong.

Being barefoot is part of it, I'll let you figure out the rest.;)

Fixed it for ya.

Barefoot and...

relaxing on a beach with a hot cabana boy bringing us margaritas?

Cool by me.