• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Jason Spezza...

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

why is that ? just curious

He's enormously lazy, and he has a terrible attitude and an even worse work ethic.

In one of Ottawa's playoff games against Pittsburgh this season, the Penguins scored because Spezza couldn't be bothered to chase Crosby to the Ottawa net at full speed. He gave a half-assed stickcheck and Crosby scored. If Spezza had actually tried to keep up and had laid down a legitimate stickcheck, it wouldn't have been a goal.

He coasts.

Lazy-No unwilling to back check sometimes ill give u that but the guy is still one of the elite players in the league who still put up 57PTS in 60GP without Heatley on his line, Filppula turnsover the puck a ton to, and like i said Spezza clearly hasnt been playing with any heart in Ott for a couple seasons now

Spezza is notorious for being lazy as hell. He refuses to play defense, refuses to block shots, and refuses to be physical in any fashion.

He'll never end up here, because Holland does not sign players who have terrible work ethics and are negative influences in the locker room.

It's sad that many people here only think "OMG he scores! Get him now! Yes OMG!" and never consider any of the intangibles that go into building a good team.

Edited by Crymson

He's enormously lazy, and he has a terrible attitude and an even worse work ethic.

In one of Ottawa's playoff games against Pittsburgh this season, the Penguins scored because Spezza couldn't be bothered to chase Crosby to the Ottawa net at full speed. He gave a half-assed stickcheck and Crosby scored. If Spezza had actually tried to keep up and had laid down a legitimate stickcheck, it wouldn't have been a goal.

He coasts.

Spezza is notorious for being lazy as hell. He refuses to play defense, refuses to block shots, and refuses to be physical in any fashion.

He'll never end up here, because Holland does not sign players who have terrible work ethics and are negative influences in the locker room.

It's sad that many people here only think "OMG he scores! Get him now! Yes OMG!" and never consider any of the intangibles that go into building a good team.

I agree, I definitely wouldn't want him here. He's lazy, etc, etc, etc as has been said.

But there's no denying that he'd be a huge help to push a team into the playoffs. IMO he's the type of player who will be able to help you win, but isn't the sort of player who could really help you actually win the Cup. If a team like Columbus got him it would be big for them.

Edited by Zetts

are you forgetting the signing of Jason Williams last season ? he had great work ethic didnt he ?

And we didn't just win the Stanley Cup, did we?

Not that he was the main reason we lost, but having lazy players like Williams or Spezza (although they're not in the same league talent-wise) is not the way to win the Cup.

Edited by Zetts

Spezza can easily change his style and play in the D we play a totall y different style the the Sens they are not known to have awsome D and forwards that can play it, Filppula played exactly like Spezza now he is playing the D side of the game to

I thought he did. Then Tampa came back when even more money and that's when Stevie took it.

Actually it took at least 3 tries for Tampa to convince him. So the first contract must've been a real low-ball offer.

Guest Crymson

are you forgetting the signing of Jason Williams last season ? he had great work ethic didnt he ?

Much, much better than Spezza, yes, and he has a MUCH better attitude.

You don't know much about Spezza, do you?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Nm

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Reasons not to have SPezza in Detroit:

1. Grossly overpaid

2. Good regular season stats but poor playoff performer. He's basically a s***tier, even less physical version of Joe THornton

3. No Heart

4. No Defensive Ability

5. 5 years left on his insane deal

6. Huge wuss - everyone on this site complains that the Wings are soft...this guy would make us WAY softer

1. Grossly overpaid

2. Good regular season stats but poor playoff performer. He's basically a s***tier, even less physical version of Joe THornton

3. No Heart

4. No Defensive Ability

6. Huge wuss - everyone on this site complains that the Wings are soft...this guy would make us WAY softer

people have such short memories. yea, he was schooled by Crosby last series, but Spezza has 46 points in 46 playoffs games in his career. How is that a poor playoff performer. Thornton has 65 points in 91 playoff games. Datsyuk has 76 points in 110 games.

i agree with your other points though

I'm not really sure why anyone would look to acquire Jason Spezza and pay him 7M per year when Kovalchuk is going to be available, and likely just a little more expensive. He's roughly the same age, a better goal scorer, less injury prone, and has proven he can do more with less. That's what would be going through my head if I was a GM.

I'm not really sure why anyone would look to acquire Jason Spezza and pay him 7M per year when Kovalchuk is going to be available, and likely just a little more expensive. He's roughly the same age, a better goal scorer, less injury prone, and has proven he can do more with less. That's what would be going through my head if I was a GM.

Unfortunately Kovy is going to demand a minimum of 8 mil. I'm betting he wants Crosby/Malkin/Ovi money.

1. Grossly overpaid

3. No Heart

4. No Defensive Ability

Noone on this board cares if you can score 90 points and youre soft. Its the bottom 6 who don't put up points and are soft that people here don't like. That being said Savard is the same type of player, willing to waive his no trade clause to Detroit and would be much better

If that deal falls through, I'd say Columbus got raped on that one. Especially if Spezza continues his annual ice-cold streaks.

playing with a positive hard working young kid like rick nash may help with spezza's "give a f*** factor". feeding him passes and finding your name in the assist column may prompt him to repeat his performance.

this is until he skates up the ice in his BJ's uniform with 100% intent on turning the puck over and get's KRONWALLED! the jackets will be a better team if he goes there though.