• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StaticWithABeat

2010 NHL Awards Show

Rate this topic

I missed it. Can I get a final rundown of the winners?

Datsyuk won the Selke, Tippett got the Jack Adams, Sedin got the Hart, Byng went St.Louis, Masterton went to Theodore, Calder went to Myers.

I forgot Keith got the Norris. I am probably forgetting another one, but the show was so bad my ears and eyes started bleeding.

Edited by miller76

I turned it off after the Byng. I couldn't take any more of the crap. I am very proud of Pasha for winning the Selke...his speech was funny and also from the heart. I know the Selke means more to him than the Byng, so it went the way he wanted it to. I'm happy that Cindy didn't win the Ted Lindsay Award - he's not fit to carry Ted's jockstrap. Nice to see him basically wiped out on awards (except for that joke of Messier's, which I really don't count as an award anyway). Suck it up, Cindy - they're finally figuring out what we've known all along - YOU SUCK.

One other little thing that made me smile. When they were showing some of the best plays of the year, and they showed Pasha stealing the puck during a game with Nashville...I was there and saw that play. I'll never forget it. The arena went nuts. Just a fantastic moment to cherish.

Congrats, Pasha! :wub:

"most outstanding player in the regular season as judged by the members of the NHL Players Association."

outstanding does not mean most valuable.

:huh:

Dude-- it's no shocker that the same guys get nominated for the Hart get nominated for the Lindsay. But ok, you're right-- the NHL players voted that Ovechkin's a better player than Crosby for 3 consecutive years (no need to argue this further as I understand how synonyms work).

I'm glad you agree that Crosby's peers continue to judge him as being a notch below Ovechkin. :thumbup:

One other little thing that made me smile. When they were showing some of the best plays of the year, and they showed Pasha stealing the puck during a game with Nashville...I was there and saw that play. I'll never forget it. The arena went nuts. Just a fantastic moment to cherish.

I also was there for that :thumbup:

Here are the votes for the Hart:

Sedin - 46

Ovi - 40

Crosby - 20

:thumbup: Only 18.9% of the NHL media voted for Crosby as the MVP. At least 81.1% of the media has their head screwed on straight.

Awesome, guess I disagree with 86 people then.

Don't sell yourself short. There are millions of people who disagree with you on Crosby.

Next year they should just spring for a professional awards show presented by people with names you don't have to google and a script that isn't retarded, offensive or degrading to the NHL.

Good thing I DVR'd this. Happy that Pasha got the Selke. Was looking forward to watching Shinedown put up a good performance but it wasn't all that good. Shindedown is a really good band so don't formulate opinions about due that performance ... it wasn't very good (and yes I have seen them live). I stopped watching this after Shinedown.

The "big five" should have gone as such: (winners underlined, nominees alphabetical):

Hart:

Ilya Bryzgalov, Ryan Miller, Henrik Sedin

Norris:

Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith, Nicklas Lidstrom

Selke:

Ryan Kesler, Jordan Staal, Henrik Zetterberg

Vezina:

Ryan Miller, Evgeni Nabokov, Tomas Vokoun

Calder:

Jimmy Howard, Tyler Myers, Tuukka Rask