• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Bufyglien traded to Thrashers

Rate this topic

all im saying is just try to not come off as a jack ass and show a little respect once in a while...is it that hard?

No... so try harder.

On topic:

Would have liked to see Chicago get shafted a little harder, but oh well. Have fun sucking Buff.

Edited by Broken 16

there obviously isn't skill or talent wise, but they are definitely catering to their market of fans, maybe they can retool anthony stewart's career.

If it brings hockey to more fans then I'm all for it. People who don't like hockey usually haven't had a chance to really watch it and enjoy it.

no they are definitely not better, but i wasn't expecting the hawks to be able to get a first rounder from any trade they have to do to trim salary

its basically

1) 24th pick for Buff: chicago win. got seduced by Buff's playoff run

2) reasoner for Eager: chicago win. Eager is a free agent isnt he?

3) prospect swap: draw

4) 2nd rounder for sopel: sopel is a salary dump for chicago, AND they get a 2nd rounder. should have been chicago sending ATL a 2nd rounder to take Sopel.

I am surprised Atlanta gave up this much. maybe chicago will suck next year, but they can restock. i guess i was hoping things will be even worse for them. they are going to have scrubs irregardless of what trades they do, i was hoping they get a bunch of third round picks

Reasoner was a buy-out candidate in Atlanta so I think they won on that swap.

......:huh:

Other fans in the NHL hate the Wings because they're the Yankees/Lakers of hockey.

Buff is a cocky *******. I'm happy for classy guys like Toews and Keith. But Bufyglien? He's always acted like a punk on the ice.

I don't hate this trade for Atlanta's perspective. They clearly need to change the culture in that dressing room, so why not shuffle in some Cup champs.

Still hasn't gotten rid of their three worst contracts (Huet, Campbell, Sharp). They'll need to dump at least two of these guys to have any depth at all.

Did you really just say Sharp is a bad contract?

Guest Haters_Gonna_Hate

Did you really just say Sharp is a bad contract?

LOL.

A 24th overall pick is an underpayment for Buff based on how important he was to their Cup win. We can consider the 2nd round pick the payment for Eager (which is a fair trade).

I'm still surprised Chicago gave up Buff... he wasn't a small piece of their win. This is the equivalent of the Wings trading Holmstrom before he hit his prime.

I think you're heavily overrating Byfuglien based on his postseason performance. Byfuglien was trash during the entire regular season. He's only good when he tries, which is rarely. For a few weeks before the Olympic break, he was doing good because he was trying to make the USA Olympic team. Then when he didn't make it, he went back to not trying and it showed. He was good in the Vancouver series and had his moments here and there for the rest of the playoffs, but he's not that good. There's a reason he had (by far) the worst +/- rating of the Hawks this season.

I was afraid Bowman would be afraid to trade him and overvalue him from his postsason performance, so I'm glad to see this trade. His perceived value is way higher than his actual value right now

Their fans aren't exactly amused by this over on their side of things.

Wrong. All the Hawks fans I've talked to on message boards think this is a great deal, which it is.

Edited by Gordon Bombay

I agree with this analysis, but I would say that Morin is clearly a better prospect than Aliu. That being said this is a win-win for both franchises, though I think Chicago "wins" on value AND they get the cap relief that just about everyone said they weren't going to get.

i am unaware of the prospects, but based on the common consensus that im reading is that Chicago is indeed getting a better prospect. so chalk another win for chicago, as you say.

Reasoner was a buy-out candidate in Atlanta so I think they won on that swap.

Fair enough. So Reasoner and Sopel are salary dumps each and cancel out. that means a 2nd round pick for Eager. Chicago did a lot better than i hoped/expected.

Hawks fans are generally really pleased with what they got.

Edited by jeff48109

I think you're heavily overrating Byfuglien based on his postseason performance. Byfuglien was trash during the entire regular season. He's only good when he tries, which is rarely. For a few weeks before the Olympic break, he was doing good because he was trying to make the USA Olympic team. Then when he didn't make it, he went back to not trying and it showed. He was good in the Vancouver series and had his moments here and there for the rest of the playoffs, but he's not that good. There's a reason he had (by far) the worst +/- rating of the Hawks this season.

I was afraid Bowman would be afraid to trade him and overvalue him from his postsason performance, so I'm glad to see this trade. His perceived value is way higher than his actual value right now

Wrong. All the Hawks fans I've talked to on message boards think this is a great deal, which it is.

Not if you read the first few pages. Some of them are happy about it, while others were calling for Stan Bowman to be canned. Unless you're reading a different board.

Atlanta is retarded. Given the situation that Chicago is in regarding the cap, where as they are literally FORCED to make moves, Atlanta could have played hardball and gotten so much more for so much less. Chicago actually got a great return and pretty much avoided any and all consequences we all thought they would face because of their cap hell. Thanks Atlanta, you just ruined what would have been the inevitable collapse of Chicago's team. Instead, you pretty much saved them.

This deal was a complete shocker to me. I didn't detect a hint of Chicago wanting to move Bufyglien. I guess Chicago figured his value would never be higher than right after a Cup win.

This sucks, Atlanta got absolutely hosed. You take all that cap from them and still give up a 1st and 2nd round pick? What a joke lol.

Chicago deserves a tonne of credit for pulling this off, classic sell high with Byfuglien, he is still overrated and overpaid.

I spent a few minutes trying to understand this trade, and I couldn't. Basically, Atlanta is exchanging one average power forward for another, then giving up a good forward prospect and what could be two decent picks, for two spare parts and an ECHL scrub. Terrible trade by the new Thrashers GM.

Guest ChicagoMan

noone else is on the move wings fans. Sharp is staying... HUet will be bought out or buried in the minors. The Hawks are in the Clear. They may have to dump versteeg, but thats it. What a steal!!!!

noone else is on the move wings fans. Sharp is staying... HUet will be bought out or buried in the minors. The Hawks are in the Clear. They may have to dump versteeg, but thats it. What a steal!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's not correct at all. They'll definitely have to move Versteeg and probably Ladd and then let a couple of their 4th liner FA's walk. Clearing this cap space gave them the room they needed to sign some of their guys like Niemi and Hjalmarraonqieinqtneson who everybody at HF thinks they'll want to keep.

And are you guys serious about Byfuglien being a super important piece for Chicago? From what I've read he's useless in the regular season, and the only time he's useful is when he's on the same line as Kane and Toews. Whoopty-doo, who can't put up points on the same line as those two? So Chicago lost a pretty good playoff performer (when he's on the same line as their two best players) and is now going to a team that never makes the playoffs. If Byfuglien has potential to be as good as Homer then I doubt we'll see it while he's in Atlanta.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy