• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Bufyglien traded to Thrashers

Rate this topic

AHL..Europe...bye. I don't think the Hawks have a problem paying him what they owe him. They just can't afford it on the cap. Even if they don't move Kopecky they will some similar salary. Yes, they will be weaker at the beginning of the season but who knows.. Beach and Skille were 1st round picks. Dowell and Bickel have played well when they have played for the Hawks. The Hawks like Lalonde...it might work out. It certainly isn't the doom and gloom hoped for by some.

You can't just cut a player... he would need to be bought out and 2/3 of his salary would still count against the cap and a roster spot would still need to be filled... they could try to send him to the AHL, but if Crawford gets hurt and they need to call him back up - BOOM, someone claims him for HALF the hit and Chicago is STILL on the hook for the other half... plus, he could just not report to the AHL... your logic is severely flawed...

Fraser who was do an increase on your roster is now gone, 700k freed up, but yet another player they need to fill their roster spot.

Also if the Wings 3rd and 4th lines looked like that as well as the 3rd pairing most of this board would s*** their collective pants, juicy, runny, smelly, hungover mudbutt s***s at that!

yea, that doesn't really free up much, most they can save is 200k - but they do save the raise he was due... gave him up for pretty cheap though if you ask me...

Stev

That is imo where Atlanta failed, they paid the Hawks price, they should have done more like Edm, completely low ball the Hawks.

The Hawks are going to HAVE to make moves, they are over the barrel so to speak, and Atlanta acted like they were the ones in dire need.

Stev

That is imo where Atlanta failed, they paid the Hawks price, they should have done more like Edm, completely low ball the Hawks.

The Hawks are going to HAVE to make moves, they are over the barrel so to speak, and Atlanta acted like they were the ones in dire need.

I agree somewhat, I think Atlanta got some great pieces in return, so they didn't really overpay per se, however, I think they could have kept that 1st or Morin and instead, thrown in a late round pick and still got the deal done and for this reason, I think they were a little hasty...

Fraser who was do an increase on your roster is now gone, 700k freed up, but yet another player they need to fill their roster spot.

Also if the Wings 3rd and 4th lines looked like that as well as the 3rd pairing most of this board would s*** their collective pants, juicy, runny, smelly, hungover mudbutt s***s at that!

Fraser can be replaced I think.. Most team would like to have Bolland as their third center. Skille looks like he can play in the few games he has been up for. As has Bickell. Reasoner is decent replacement for Madden. Brouwer scored 22 goals last year. No idea what pairings will next year but the 5th and 6th guys may only get 8 minutes a game. Its livable.

They can wait years for return on those picks...they aren't where next years players are coming from. I don't understand why so many people are assuming the hawks will have to fill their roster with scrubs.

2010-11 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Patrick Kane ($6.300m) /Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Andrew Ladd ($2.000m)

Kyle Beach ($1.171m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Jack Skille ($1.275m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.500m)

Troy Brouwer ($1.025m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.150m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m)

Colin Fraser ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / * Niklas Hjalmarsson ($2.000m)

Shawn Lalonde ($0.800m) / * Jordan Hendry ($0.625m)

GOALTENDERS

* Antti Niemi ($2.500m) / Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 21; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $56.402m; CAP ROOM: $3.518m BONUSES: $0.520m

Gone

Versteeg, Madden, Byfuglien, Kopecky, Sopel, Huet, Johnsson, Burish, Eager, Boynton

14 players stay from this year.. 10 move on

Painful but livable I think...

No freakin way Hjalmarsson gets $2 million next year.

you mean, no way he ONLY gets $2m, right? He definitely raised his stock and with his age, he could easily file for arbitration and get at LEAST 2.5...

I don't think he is arbitration eligible yet. The moves the Hawks made yesterday allow them to tender offers to all of their players they want to. So whatever happens with RFA depends on what they are offered by other teams. The roster I put up here is just a guess. Not even likely to be the real one but was meant to show it isn't doom and gloom and end of the Chicago franchise. They Hawks won't be a strong as they were..but they are supposed to have some good pplayers on the way up so it remains to be seen how strong they are next May.

you mean, no way he ONLY gets $2m, right? He definitely raised his stock and with his age, he could easily file for arbitration and get at LEAST 2.5...

of course.

however, he is not eligible for arbitration.

of course.

however, he is not eligible for arbitration.

thank you for clarification - I thought he had played 3 years, not just the 2... I still wouldn't be surprised if someone signed him to an offer sheet... he looked really good in the playoffs and is still very young and improving...

thank you for clarification - I thought he had played 3 years, not just the 2... I still wouldn't be surprised if someone signed him to an offer sheet... he looked really good in the playoffs and is still very young and improving...

Agreed. He is the most important RFA for the Hawks. More than Niemi IMO. If the Hawks can't work out a deal with him then it depends on what he is offered from another team. I would think that he is a Hawk next year somehow.

Chicago currently has 9 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goaltender under contract. After bonuses, they have about $1.99m in cap space. That's tough. Realstically, Hendry will probably cost them around $850k-$1m, Hjalmarsson $2.5m-$3m, and Niemi $2.5m=$3m. Crawford makes $850k, and is a solid tender. So they're $4m-$5m over the cap with 9/5/2 if it's still Niemi/Huet, and they are $2.2m-$2.7m over with Huet/Crawford.

So they need to add four forwards and two defensemen while dropping anywhere between $2.5m-$5m in cap hit.

I expect their lines based on current signed players (and players expected to be retained), playoff combinations and performances to look something like this, without potential trades or free agents:

Versteeg/Toews/Kane

Kopecky/Sharp/Hossa

Brouwer/Bolland/?????

?????/Reasoner/?????

?????

Seabrook/Keith

Campbell/(Hjalmarsson)

(Hendry)/Lalonde

Connelly

Niemi

Crawford

Even this roster, which assumes Huet being sent to the minors and all of the spots with players yet to be signed are at league minimum - not an unlikely proposition on its own - the Hawks are still around $2.5m over the cap. So we can expect to see at least one more move, unless NHL revenues increased by 10% or more; which is not impossible but fairly unlikely. If the Hawks can't find a taker for Campbell, then Sharp seems the most likely candidate, with a guy like Mike Comrie, Brendan Morrison, or Robert Lang perhaps filling the gap left on the second line for $1.25m or less if they would take it.

Wings should make a pitch for this guy... the Hawks or just about any team in the Central don't have defensive size to counter this guy. Fatal mistake for the Blackhawks to trade him away. What use will Atlanta or any non-playoff team have for Byfuglien?? he will waste away out there. Trade ATL Hudler and Ozzie for him or Hudler + First round pick.

Chicago currently has 9 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 1 goaltender under contract. After bonuses, they have about $1.99m in cap space. That's tough. Realstically, Hendry will probably cost them around $850k-$1m, Hjalmarsson $2.5m-$3m, and Niemi $2.5m=$3m. Crawford makes $850k, and is a solid tender. So they're $4m-$5m over the cap with 9/5/2 if it's still Niemi/Huet, and they are $2.2m-$2.7m over with Huet/Crawford.

So they need to add four forwards and two defensemen while dropping anywhere between $2.5m-$5m in cap hit.

I expect their lines based on current signed players (and players expected to be retained), playoff combinations and performances to look something like this, without potential trades or free agents:

Versteeg/Toews/Kane

Kopecky/Sharp/Hossa

Brouwer/Bolland/?????

?????/Reasoner/?????

?????

Seabrook/Keith

Campbell/(Hjalmarsson)

(Hendry)/Lalonde

Connelly

Niemi

Crawford

Even this roster, which assumes Huet being sent to the minors and all of the spots with players yet to be signed are at league minimum - not an unlikely proposition on its own - the Hawks are still around $2.5m over the cap. So we can expect to see at least one more move, unless NHL revenues increased by 10% or more; which is not impossible but fairly unlikely. If the Hawks can't find a taker for Campbell, then Sharp seems the most likely candidate, with a guy like Mike Comrie, Brendan Morrison, or Robert Lang perhaps filling the gap left on the second line for $1.25m or less if they would take it.

Good analysis of the problem. It still makes me chuckle to see Kopy up on the second line. :hehe: