• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Anybody Know of Autograph Signings Coming Up?

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I have no idea where I would even search for this, so I thought I would post it here.

Chris Chelios tomorrow at a Verizon Wireless store in Canton, MI. from 5-7pm

41802 Ford Rd Canton, MI.

Back when I started collecting autographs around 1995, there were signings left and right almost every weekend.

Gibraltar Trade Center was a regular destination for me too... and they haven't really had s*** for years now, except the occasional worthwhile signing.

Alot of the independently operated memorabilia stores in mall's that used to have them have long been out of business, and card shows in general are rarities. The current state of Gibraltar card shows is pretty sad.

Edit: I suppose since it's 1am, I should have mentioned the Chelios signing as happening TODAY (Thursday June 24th) :]

Edited by Detroit40oz

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Thanks for the response. I thought I was being left for dead in here. I remember there was a Flip one a couple months ago that I had to miss because of a stupid Calculus 1 exam....I'm still kicking myself for that :(

Summer seems to be pretty slow for signings because alot of the guys go home. Actually it does seem like there aren't that many during the season either. I also remember the days when there was always something going on it seemed almost every weekend with card shows and athletes signing.

Chris Chelios tomorrow at a Verizon Wireless store in Canton, MI. from 5-7pm

41802 Ford Rd Canton, MI.

Back when I started collecting autographs around 1995, there were signings left and right almost every weekend.

Gibraltar Trade Center was a regular destination for me too... and they haven't really had s*** for years now, except the occasional worthwhile signing.

Alot of the independently operated memorabilia stores in mall's that used to have them have long been out of business, and card shows in general are rarities. The current state of Gibraltar card shows is pretty sad.

Edit: I suppose since it's 1am, I should have mentioned the Chelios signing as happening TODAY (Thursday June 24th) :]

Great tip man. How did you find out about this? I can never seem to find any scheduled signings online posted anywhere.

Thanks for the response. I thought I was being left for dead in here. I remember there was a Flip one a couple months ago that I had to miss because of a stupid Calculus 1 exam....I'm still kicking myself for that :(

I think I went to that one. Jimmy Howard was there too.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Great tip man. How did you find out about this? I can never seem to find any scheduled signings online posted anywhere.

I think I went to that one. Jimmy Howard was there too.

Rub it in why dont ya lol

Great tip man. How did you find out about this? I can never seem to find any scheduled signings online posted anywhere.[/Quote]

These are places I have got signings before:

http://www.detroitcitysports.com/servlet/the-template/upcomingautographsignings/Page

http://www.gibraltartrade.com/Shows/AUTOGRAPHS.html

http://www.thegoaliesden.com/currentevents.htm

Sounds like Maltby is going to be at the Rochester Hills Meijer on 6/29.

Cooking with Kirk Maltby at Meijer

Date:

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time:

5:00pm - 7:00pm

Meijer

Street:

3610 Marketplace Circle

City/Town:

Rochester, MI

View Map

Description

Stop in to see Kirk Maltby cooking with Meijer's Healthy Living advisor Tina Miller. The first 200 people in line will receive a priority wristband that will ensure an autograph.

Wristbands will be handed out at 4:00 PM EDT, one autograph per person. No posed photos, please.[/Quote]

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=111285415586219&ref=mf

Maybe this is his new gig? :rolleyes:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Good find man. The one thing I hate about autograph signings is that most of the time, they can only get the less popular players. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Datsyuk auto signing?

Good find man. The one thing I hate about autograph signings is that most of the time, they can only get the less popular players. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Datsyuk auto signing?

I'm always thinking that. It's nice to get whatever autograph I can get, but my Datsyuk jersey is unsigned. I would like to change that.

haha, yeah no problem on the chelios tip.

i joined the forum a couple weeks ago and didnt post yet, so I figured this thread would be a good place to start since I didnt see mention of the chelios verizon wireless thing anywhere else.

I went with my mom... she's taken me to signings and card shows since I was like 5 years old, I didn't really enjoy them or start collecting cards and autographs til a few years later though, around 95'.

There was only probably about 200 people there, which wasnt much at all. When we got closer to the line, someone asked about getting two things signed, and some verizon lady said that it was cool to go in the line again but no promises on getting through the 2nd time if there wasnt enough time.

there was probably like 40 people in line when i went back outside so i went to my car and grabbed two pucks and went back to the line, no problems at all :]

r9n42q.jpg

2wr0krk.jpg

I've seen red numbers on white wings jerseys look amazing signed in silver, so thats what I went for, but since the sharpie was new and not broken in yet, it sort of didnt come out as nicely as id like... but it looks alot better in person than the pic. i've had this jersey for a long time, so it was awesome to get it signed anyway.

I got it dirt cheap at the joe years ago for just over 100 bucks. It's got the NHL2000 patch on the front, and since it was technically a previous model pro jersey, it was on clearance for the same price as a semi pro.

nowadays, pro jerseys are like 300 dollars, and that awful reebok edge bulls***, and not my style at all.

and heres the pucks:

2i6cevc.jpg

qyya6x.jpg

awesomeness.

i'm hitting up that maltby meijers appearance too... probably more to watch him cook things than anything, haha. giving him a high five and getting something signed is just a bonus.