• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Savard to waive no trade clause

Rate this topic

I would like to see Savard in Detroit, but I don't think we need to go trading a player like Flip or Huds AND our first rounder for a guy that has a crazy long contract and recently suffered a serious concussion. If we were to make a deal I would say trade just Hudler for Savard. Flip showed a lot of promise at the end of last year on Z's line.

Edited by xtrememachine1

But that's 132 years. You've got to think that he'll have slowed down by 2142.

I hope to still be playing hockey by 165!

No thanks. Why trade one of our 26 year olds that haven't even reached their full potential yet for a 33 year old who's going to start to decline soon if not already?

exactly.

only.... if some how we could just deal like Cleary... I love Cleary but Savard over Cleary any day of the week..... do I think its going to happen.... no chance unless its a big benefit for the Wings we would never trade with him if it meant losing more depth....

interesting...

how about cleary and a 2nd rounder for savard?

Maybe...Helm and a third?

Not sure the contract is worth Hudler and a first...maybe Huds and a second round or mid level prospect. But for all we know it could be a lateral trade. Probably not worth losing Hudler.

Definitely not worth losing Flip. ;) Besides, seriously, the Wings just signed Flip's brother. There is ZERO chance they're even CONSIDERING trading Filppula.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I am all for it. 33 years for 4 more years isn't bad. Savard is a great player with some gas left in the tank. You can't let the one concussion stop you from going for it. If he was a repeat offender for head injuries then I'd take it into consideration but 1 isn't that bad. For the first price I'd take him. I personally think he would fit in here nicely. Just depends what we would have to give up to get him...

Does this mean Boston is trading him for sure, and those are the only teams he is willing to go to? Or did he just randomly come out and say "hey if I was to get asked to be traded I would only accept to Det, OTT, or TOR."

Edit: Added italicized text.

Looking at TSN he missed games due to concussion 4 times in his career. Most only like 10 games or so but we can never know if there is something loose in his noodle stil.

Looking at TSN he missed games due to concussion 4 times in his career. Most only like 10 games or so but we can never know if there is something loose in his noodle stil.

Thanks for the info, I did not notice this. Obviously they weren't too bad if they were minor periods of time off. As long as he doesn't pull a Big E and get one once a month and retire prematurley because of it!

I dont understand why everytime Cleary is even MENTIONED as a possible trade candidate, that it is assumed we have "a hate on" for the guy...

in order to TRADE you have give up someone!

I don't think teams trade guys they really really want on their team...

I don't get the Clears hate yet again. Savard as it has been said is 33, and will not bring the exact same things to the ice that a player such as Danny does. I don't know man, the trade Cleary thing is just at a pinnacle and this is the year I feel we need to see what he can do. So nah on that.

You realize Cleary is 31 right? If we could trade Cleary and a pick/prospect for Savard you'd be a fool to not do it. Unfortunately Boston would never take that.

If anything it would seem to me like Boston would want a defenseman. They've already got lots of center depth, (Bergeron/Krejci/Sobotka and possibly Seguin) so I don't see why they'd wanna add another center. So uh... Raflawski... you wanna go to a tea party in Boston?

I know its stupid to even think about because it can't happen, but if we were able to get him without giving up Hudler, Filppula or Cleary, we would be able to roll the 3 best scoring lines in the league. (We would also have to make Draper go away in this little fantasy...)

2010-11 DETROIT RED WINGS

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / * Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

* Darren Helm ($0.659m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.935m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.550m)

* Drew Miller ($0.578m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $59.334m; CAP ROOM: $0.066m BONUSES: $0.000m

Edited by Bannedforlife

You realize Cleary is 31 right? If we could trade Cleary and a pick/prospect for Savard you'd be a fool to not do it. Unfortunately Boston would never take that.

Fully realized. But I really don't see the point taking on such a contract and waiving a NTC to bring in a guy who's brain was turned to mush last year. He is an elite passer and center, I understand that but not for Cleary. That said, reading through all of this I would just assume say not at all for Savard and look for that 3rd/4th liner role player that we desperately need.

It would be alright, but there are a few problems with it that I can see.

He's making too much money to be tucked away on a third line, so that would kind of force the Wings' hand into playing Hank and Pav together (which is not necessarily a bad thing), but he has still always been the top center on his team and he wouldn't be in Detroit. He has done good work with less than optimal linemates, but I wonder how his production might change when his ice time (especially PP time) takes a hit.

The Wings also continue to have an abundance of playmakers and a lack of finishers; I'd much rather have a goal-scoring winger than another playmaking center.

I would love Savard here. One of the best passers in the league, imagine him setting up Mule on the second line. Then we could put Pavel and Z back together with Holmstrom on the top line.

It would take Filppula at least to get Savard, but I would still do it in a heartbeat.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Time out. Did Savard actually waive his no trade clause or did he just say in an interview that if he did those are the teams he would pick?

Time out. Did Savard actually waive his no trade clause or did he just say in an interview that if he did those are the teams he would pick?

I sincerely doubt he's done either one. I suspect it's just rumours that he would be willing to go to those three teams.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I sincerely doubt he's done either one. I suspect it's just rumours that he would be willing to go to those three teams.

That would make sense. He is from Ontario. Is it a coincidence that the three teams listed are either in that area?

cleary + pick yup

fil or hudler + pick No

just my feelings on it

i'm definately with you on that one. and at 4mil, i'll take one of the best playmakers in the league to throw on a line with franzen.

but.... he'll end up going to toronto for kaberle like tsn already stated may happen.