• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Savard to waive no trade clause

Rate this topic

Was over on hockeysfuture and read that Savard has said he is willing to waive his no trade clause to three teams, Detroit, Toronto and Ottawa.

Hudler+1st round pick for Savard?

Filpulla+? for Savard.

I would try to pull the trigger on this.

Savard is an elite playmaker. No question. He's capable of being a point per game player and then some.

The only problem is that he's 32 years old. He already hit his prime and is on the down swing. The 5 seasons before last he was always a point per game or better player. Last season he was a 0.8 ppg player. On top of that he's not a 30+ goal scoring playmaker like Datsyuk. Savard's only scored 25 goals twice and his career high is 28. In general he's a 20-23 goal a year guy who puts up 60+ assists. His career high years were 97 and 96 points.

I wouldn't trade Hudler plus a 1st for him. Hudler is 6 years younger and hasn't hit his prime yet. Huds is more of a goal scorer and that's what the Wings need right now.

If Savard wasn't in his 30's I'd be all for this trade, but I feel like we're going to overpay for a player who's on the down swing. The Wings are in a reloading phase right now and need to focus on youth until the next Cup window opens (although I think it's open for the 10-11 season but they won't be favourites next year and once Lidstrom is retired the window will slam shut).

Now if the Bruins will take Rafalkski going the other way I'd be all over that deal. I'm only happy with it if it makes the Wings younger and doesn't make them worse.

And don't even bother saying "derp NTC derp derp". I'm aware of Rafalski's NTC and understand how they work (the player can waive them).

You got the first part right. Boston is trying to get rid of centers, since they feel they have too many, so why would they want more in return. However, Rafalski is another with a no trade clasue. Not going to happen.

That's why I "asked" Rafalski, lol. I don't think there's a real way to pull the trade off to be honest.

And don't even bother saying "derp NTC derp derp". I'm aware of Rafalski's NTC and understand how they work (the player can waive them).

:thumbup::lol: derp derp...

Funny how often the NTC has been brought up in said thread but said thread title has it all right there for all to see.

Guest Crymson

Two young roster players for a 32 year old player with injury issues?

Intangibles do not really cross the minds of many people on these boards.

You guys wouldn't trade Hudler? Gimme a break! Hudler/Emmerton & 2nd rounder... Done deal. Savard will outscore Hudler on this team, Emmerton is never going to get his chance here and The Wings draft pretty well, so losing the 2nd wouldnt hurt us too much. If Detroit trades up in the first and gets McIlrath or Tinordi, then also adds Savard, this future looks bright. Sure Hudler will probably score 25-30 goals and get his 50 points, but Savard?!?!? Really? This shouldn't even be a question, do it Holland! DO IT NOW! Hudler showed no loyalty, he bolted for the KHL befdore his arbitration was even complete, I dont get why you guys are even welcoming him back! You guys were all pissed when Fedorov left and you f'ing boo him, you said he turned his back and left, bump Hudler! He's a buster! Let him get his first line minutes in Boston and give us a guy who could EASILY get 100 points in the Winged Wheel!

Franzen Savard Bertuzzi -- Thats scary!

That would also fill everyones want for a top 6 forward! Then we can forget all this talk about the 4th line grinder. Re-sign Helm, Abby, one of Miller or Eaves and give Ritola the 13th spot. Get your 6th defensman for the $1M or so and bring on the Cup!

Savard > Hudler in any way, shape or form, on any given sunday-saturday and 24 hours a day!

:lol: at the Hudler slappies!

Edited by LeftWinger

Hudler+2nd rounder won't be enough, time to wake up from dreamland...

I did say Hudler/Emmerton and 2nd rounder. according to most user on this site, Hudler hasnt even tapped his potential, so since Hudler obvouisly is the second coming, him plus Emmerton plus a 2nd round pick should be MORE than enough....

Hudler+2nd rounder won't be enough, time to wake up from dreamland...

For a 32 year old guy with concussion problems? :lol: Savard is trending downwards and Hudler trends upwards. If the Bruins feel Savard was still such a key asset they wouldn't have him on the block when they clearly need scoring.

Also note that Hudler is 6 years younger than Savard and hasn't hit his prime (or struggled with concussions).

Hudler will never get 88 points... Savard WILL playing for the Wings, I don't get all the love for a guy who told you fans to bark off and ran to the KHL. Hudler is NOT a top 6 forward in the NHL, Savard is. There is no comparison. Hudler is afraid of contact, corners and the front of the net, he avoids any kind of physical aspect of the game. He will not help us into the finals, Savard can. But NOOOOOO! Lets just keep the same team and add a clucking loser who cannot even make his own national team and who turned his back on ALL the Wings fans that supported him. Stanley Cup Finals, not with this roster....

Yo slappies just keep thinking Hudler is the answer. You guys are TOO funny!

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / * Marc Savard ($4.008m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.975m) / * Darren Helm ($0.750m) / * Drew Miller ($0.600m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 21; CAP: $59.4m; PAYROLL: $57.650m; CAP ROOM: $1.750m BONUSES: $0.000m

$1.750M to sign a 6th defensman.... This lineup is Golden!

Edited by LeftWinger

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / * Marc Savard ($4.008m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.938m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.975m) / * Darren Helm ($0.750m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.650m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 21; CAP: $59.4m; PAYROLL: $57.700m; CAP ROOM: $1.745m BONUSES: $0.000m

Something like that might excite me.

For a 32 year old guy with concussion problems? :lol: Savard is trending downwards and Hudler trends upwards. If the Bruins feel Savard was still such a key asset they wouldn't have him on the block when they clearly need scoring.

Also note that Hudler is 6 years younger than Savard and hasn't hit his prime (or struggled with concussions).

Funny,you laugh at a 32 year old who had a concussion for $4M, yet $3.9M for a 30 year old with a HISTORY of injuries is fine. Johan Franzen's cap hit is almost the same, he is only 2 years younger, but has had a plethora of injuries, yet its ok for him to be here? He;s never even come close to 100 points, he has never been healthy enough to! Everyone here holds the Mule on a high horse, yet bring Savard in here would be dumb? Too, Too Funny!

Johan Franzen Stats:

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

2005-06 Detroit Red Wings NHL 80 12 4 16 36 6 1 2 3 4

2006-07 Detroit Red Wings NHL 69 10 20 30 37 18 3 4 7 10

2007-08 Detroit Red Wings NHL 72 27 11 38 51 16 13 5 18 14

2008-09 Detroit Red Wings NHL 71 34 25 59 44 23 12 11 23 12

2009-10 Detroit Red Wings NHL 27 10 11 21 22 12 6 12 18 16

Marc Savard:

2005-06 Atlanta NHL 82 28 69 97 100 -- -- -- -- --

2006-07 Boston Bruins NHL 82 22 74 96 96 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 Boston Bruins NHL 74 15 63 78 66 7 1 5 6 6

2008-09 Boston Bruins NHL 82 25 63 88 70 11 6 7 13 4

2009-10 Boston Bruins NHL 41 10 23 33 14 7 1 2 3 12

...using the Johan Franzen logic, losing Hudler for Savard is a No-Brainer.

EDIT: Oh Boo Hoo, negged because Hudler sucks, cry me a river!

Edited by LeftWinger

Hudler will never get 88 points...

That's a retarded assumption.

Savard WILL playing for the Wings, I don't get all the love for a guy who told you fans to bark off and ran to the KHL. Hudler is NOT a top 6 forward in the NHL, Savard is. There is no comparison. Hudler is afraid of contact, corners and the front of the net, he avoids any kind of physical aspect of the game. He will not help us into the finals, Savard can. But NOOOOOO! Lets just keep the same team and add a clucking loser who cannot even make his own national team and who turned his back on ALL the Wings fans that supported him. Stanley Cup Finals, not with this roster....

Yo slappies just keep thinking Hudler is the answer. You guys are TOO funny!

32 years old. Has suffered FOUR concussions.

Hey Einstein, why don't we just sign Eric Lindros. :rolleyes:

Funny,you laugh at a 32 year old who had a concussion for $4M, yet $3.9M for a 30 year old with a HISTORY of injuries is fine. Johan Franzen's cap hit is almost the same, he is only 2 years younger, but has had a plethora of injuries, yet its ok for him to be here? He;s never even come close to 100 points, he has never been healthy enough to! Everyone here holds the Mule on a high horse, yet bring Savard in here would be dumb? Too, Too Funny!

Wow... you obviously have very limited medical knowledge. Google "cumulative effects of concussions".

That's a retarded assumption.

32 years old. Has suffered FOUR concussions.

Hey Einstein, why don't we just sign Eric Lindros. :rolleyes:

Wow... you obviously have very limited medical knowledge. Google "cumulative effects of concussions".

Nah, we'll just bring back Jiri clucking Hudler, he'll bring us back to Stanley! How many back injuries has Zetterberg had? How many injuries has Franzen and Kronwall had? It's ok to throw all of our cash at them, but its not cool to trade for 80-100 point producer with LESS injured seasons than Hank and Mule, becuase Hudler can get 50 points? I may have very limited medical knowledge, but lets give $6M to a man with a bad back, yes Zetterberg, that makes lots of sense. Holland rolled the dice on Zetterberg staying healthy (which failed last season) so why not roll the dice on a 100 point player?

Here's the Slappies Lines

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler

Edited by LeftWinger

Nah, we'll just bring back Jiri clucking Hudler, he'll bring us back to Stanley! How many back injuries has Zetterberg had? How many injuries has Franzen and Kronwall had? It's ok to throw all of our cash at them, but its not cool to trade for 80-100 point producer with LESS injured seasons than Hank and Mule, becuase Hudler can get 50 points? I may have very limited medical knowledge, but lets give $6M to a man with a bad back, yes Zetterberg, that makes lots of sense. Holland rolled the dice on Zetterberg staying healthy (which failed last season) so why not roll the dice on a 100 point player?

Again you're clearly confused about how brain damage works.

Concussion 1: Damn man. Get well soon.

Concussion 2: This is worrying. Try to avoid contact with your head.

Concussion 3: s***, that wasn't that hard of a hit... how'd you get concussed?

Concussion 4: f***! Another concussion? Do you remember math anymore?

Concussion 5: WTF? How did you get a concussion opening a jar of peanut butter?!?

Every concussion comes easier than the last. Go read up about Eric Lindros.

A guy who has 4 concussions in his history is an injury waiting to happen.

Franzen and Zetterberg don't have injuries that cause them to be more prone to getting injured. They've healed and are fine now.

Savard's brain is damaged. It will never be the same again no matter how long he waits and rests. Brain injuries are extremely serious and not even remotely comparable to a knee injury or injured shoulder.

But hey-- if I don't agree with you about trading a young, upward trending player for a 32 year old with a frighting medical history I must be a slappy. :rolleyes:

Ericsson won't be what everyone think he will be and 32 year old is not that bad, you can get a good 5 years out of him.

Yes, but, we've got Hudler! Plus, Savard has had a concussion, he is mashed potatoes inside, don't worry though, Zetterberg and Franzen will NEVER re-injure their back and shoulder again, ever! They are Red Wings! They are worth $6M and $4M, but Savard is not, because it may cost us, GOD FORBID, HUDLER! Oh God, what a world, what a world! If Hudler is traded the Earth will surely open up and swallow Hockeytown!

Again you're clearly confused about how brain damage works.

Concussion 1: Damn man. Get well soon.

Concussion 2: This is worrying. Try to avoid contact with your head.

Concussion 3: s***, that wasn't that hard of a hit... how'd you get concussed?

Concussion 4: f***! Another concussion? Do you remember math anymore?

Concussion 5: WTF? How did you get a concussion opening a jar of peanut butter?!?

Every concussion comes easier than the last. Go read up about Eric Lindros.

A guy who has 4 concussions in his history is an injury waiting to happen.

Franzen and Zetterberg don't have injuries that cause them to be more prone to getting injured. They've healed and are fine now.

Savard's brain is damaged. It will never be the same again no matter how long he waits and rests. Brain injuries are extremely serious and not even remotely comparable to a knee injury or injured shoulder.

But hey-- if I don't agree with you about trading a young, upward trending player for a 32 year old with a frighting medical history I must be a slappy. :rolleyes:

I hear ya man! I hear ya! But my hatred for Hudler runs too deep, I'd trade him for Ernie Harwell just to get him off my team...

I don't think they have him on the block; Savard was just making a comment on what teams he'd waive his NTC for, but who knows. Didn't he just sign that contract earlier in the season before his injury?