• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Savard to waive no trade clause

Rate this topic

Nah, we'll just bring back Jiri clucking Hudler, he'll bring us back to Stanley! How many back injuries has Zetterberg had? How many injuries has Franzen and Kronwall had? It's ok to throw all of our cash at them, but its not cool to trade for 80-100 point producer with LESS injured seasons than Hank and Mule, becuase Hudler can get 50 points? I may have very limited medical knowledge, but lets give $6M to a man with a bad back, yes Zetterberg, that makes lots of sense. Holland rolled the dice on Zetterberg staying healthy (which failed last season) so why not roll the dice on a 100 point player?

Here's the Slappies Lines

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler

Hudler

He's entering the point in his career whree his production will probably start to decline. He makes more than a million more than Hudler, that money would have to come from somewhere. He doesn't fill a real need for this team. At best he would generate slightly more offense than Hudler. He's much older and would thus need to be replaced sooner. We don't really want another player under contract until he's 40.

Even if you don't factor in the injury, it's not that promising of a trade. Savard would not make us a real powerhouse/Cup favorite. Filppula would make a lot more sense, but even then it doesn't make us that much better. If we were to trade Flip or Happy, especially if it meant taking on more cap, it would have to be for someone who could score 30-35+ goals to make any sense.

We need secondary scoring not another play maker. Savards career high in goals is only 5 more that Huds....

Not to mention Savard is 6 years older with injury issues and on the decline.

Besides Kenny would never make this trade anyways, hes all about long term profit.

Edited by Original-Six

Savard is one of my favorite players who doesn't wear a winged wheel, and I would love to see him here but I just don't see it happening.

Kinda funny because before I saw this thread I read the Cheechoo one above it. People hate on Cheechoo for needing a skilled playmaker like big Joe but if we were to somehow get both Savard and Cheechoo for a hit of ~ 4.5 mil we could potentially (if the planets all allign and the moon is full) have another 56 goal season from Cheechoo and Savard's impressive numbers on top of that. That is, if Cheechoo is bought out.

Not that I think this is even possible but it's pretty interesting if you really think about it... Maybe something Burke should consider trying. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the playoffs?

Savard is one of my favorite players who doesn't wear a winged wheel, and I would love to see him here but I just don't see it happening.

Kinda funny because before I saw this thread I read the Cheechoo one above it. People hate on Cheechoo for needing a skilled playmaker like big Joe but if we were to somehow get both Savard and Cheechoo for a hit of ~ 4.5 mil we could potentially (if the planets all allign and the moon is full) have another 56 goal season from Cheechoo and Savard's impressive numbers on top of that. That is, if Cheechoo is bought out.

Not that I think this is even possible but it's pretty interesting if you really think about it... Maybe something Burke should consider trying. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the playoffs?

That would be awesome but considering that Savard's hit alone is roughly $4M (it is actually $4.007M) I don't think Cheechoo is going to sign for $500K even if he is still getting paid from a buyout.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Frozen-Man

Guest Crymson

Cheechoo was taken off of Thornton's line, and thereafter gradually demoted to the bottom two lines, because his performance dropped below acceptable scoring line levels.

I don't get the Clears hate yet again. Savard as it has been said is 33, and will not bring the exact same things to the ice that a player such as Danny does. I don't know man, the trade Cleary thing is just at a pinnacle and this is the year I feel we need to see what he can do. So nah on that.

Please remind what Cleary brought to the Wings last year? Savard is infinitely better, but it doesn't matter because Cleary + pick won't bring Savard anyway.

Guest Crymson

Please remind what Cleary brought to the Wings last year? Savard is infinitely better, but it doesn't matter because Cleary + pick won't bring Savard anyway.

How many times does it need to be said that Cleary was playing with multiple tears in one of his menisci? The guy could barely climb stairs at times last season. That he managed to play on any consistent basis is extremely impressive, given his injury. In any other season, he may have been rested so that he could heal up and get back to optimum capability---indeed, many players wouldn't have volunteered to play while dealing with such an injury---but in this last season, with so many team members missing time for injuries and a playoff spot in doubt, the team needed him on the ice.

Were you totally ignoring all of the above when you made your post, or were you just blissfully unaware of it?

How many times does it need to be said that Cleary was playing with multiple tears in one of his menisci? The guy could barely climb stairs at times last season. That he managed to play on any consistent basis is extremely impressive, given his injury. In any other season, he may have been rested so that he could heal up and get back to optimum capability---indeed, many players wouldn't have volunteered to play while dealing with such an injury---but in this last season, with so many team members missing time for injuries and a playoff spot in doubt, the team needed him on the ice.

Were you totally ignoring all of the above when you made your post, or were you just blissfully unaware of it?

Bottom line is Savard is a better play then clearly.

vote is yes. I don't know what it'll take to get him here, some say Hudler, I say, this would ot be the first time we traded away a young man who had yet reached his potential and went on to be a very good player, that young man brought us Brendan Shanahan in return, so is it worth the gamble? I am not Holland, but I believe this team looks better with Savard on it...

I just don't get Boston... They move Wideman for Horton so they can move Savard??? Getting Seguin wasn't enough to improve your team for next year?

I would love to have Savard, but I doubt it could happen. You don't get to get rid of people you don't want on the team for people you do.

Sure it would be nice to have him instead of Hudler or Cleary, but it ain't happening yo.

You know how hard teams like Columbus were looking for a center???

I betcha they pay out the ass for him and the Central gets even harder putting Nash and Savard together. Good god shoot me now.

For what it's worth I'd love to have Savard on the Red Wings; as someone else pointed out - just think how much better guys like Bertuzzi, and Franzen would be if they were riding shotgun?

No player can make Bertuzzi not turn the puck over or get bunk calls because he plays with only one hand on the stick all the time.

Again you're clearly confused about how brain damage works.

Concussion 1: Damn man. Get well soon.

Concussion 2: This is worrying. Try to avoid contact with your head.

Concussion 3: s***, that wasn't that hard of a hit... how'd you get concussed?

Concussion 4: f***! Another concussion? Do you remember math anymore?

Concussion 5: WTF? How did you get a concussion opening a jar of peanut butter?!?

Hey man, that s*** ain't funny. Four years of university English and I've forgotten some math too, haha.

Savard at 4 a year would be a really good pick up, however it would be center overload again. I guess though you could then reunite Hank and Pav.

It would require Flip and a prospect I think, I don't see them wanting 2 roster players as they are sort of against the cap and need to sign Wheeler and Boychuk.

You might be on to something here. It does kind of make you wonder about a glut at center. The nice thing about Val is that he seems to be capable of playing wing when needed. But as you point out, you could reunite Hank and Pav, and play Savard with the Mule on the wing. That could be deadly.

Do we even know if Boston would want Val? It doesn't really solve their glut at center either. I would think they would want a winger, which the Red Wings don't have to offer. So it probably makes it hard to complete any swap.

I don't know what Toronto could offer him. The only thing is Kaberle but he doesn't provide any cap relief and I doubt they make that trade Kaberle for Savard straight up.

Right. Burke keeps doing interviews where he says all these big names he's going to trade for and/or sign, and my reaction is, "How?!"

lol, I guess it's all part of his pipe dream of winning the Stanley Cup in 5 years. Again my reaction is, "How?!"

Jessica Alba is prettier than Rosie O'Donnell.

What's your point?

Rosie O'Donnel absolutely killed any credibility "Weight Watchers" had. They paid the ***** a lot of money to use their system and she hasn't lost 1 pound in 15 years.

At least George Costanza is making a killing off Jenny Craig. ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Kessel/Savard re-union...but what exactly does Toronto have to offer? Grabovski & Finger for Savard? If Burke pulls that off I'll consider him the messiah promised to us in the old testament.

How about a three-way deal between Detroit, Boston, and Philadelphia?

From Boston: G Tim Thomas and C Marc Savard

From Detroit: D Brad Stuart

From Philadelphia: C Daniel Briere, D Braydon Coburn

To Boston: C Daniel Briere

To Detroit: C Marc Savard, D Braydon Coburn

To Philadelphia: G Tim Thomas and D Brad Stuart

Solves Boston's Tim Thomas issue, brings Savard to Detroit, solves Philly's goaltending questions and forward issues.