Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

http://i796.photobuc...bkeqlo1_250.gif

#102 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Nah, we'll just bring back Jiri clucking Hudler, he'll bring us back to Stanley! How many back injuries has Zetterberg had? How many injuries has Franzen and Kronwall had? It's ok to throw all of our cash at them, but its not cool to trade for 80-100 point producer with LESS injured seasons than Hank and Mule, becuase Hudler can get 50 points? I may have very limited medical knowledge, but lets give $6M to a man with a bad back, yes Zetterberg, that makes lots of sense. Holland rolled the dice on Zetterberg staying healthy (which failed last season) so why not roll the dice on a 100 point player?

Here's the Slappies Lines

Hudler - Hudler - Hudler
Hudler - Hudler - Hudler
Hudler - Hudler - Hudler
Hudler - Hudler - Hudler
Hudler

He's entering the point in his career whree his production will probably start to decline. He makes more than a million more than Hudler, that money would have to come from somewhere. He doesn't fill a real need for this team. At best he would generate slightly more offense than Hudler. He's much older and would thus need to be replaced sooner. We don't really want another player under contract until he's 40.

Even if you don't factor in the injury, it's not that promising of a trade. Savard would not make us a real powerhouse/Cup favorite. Filppula would make a lot more sense, but even then it doesn't make us that much better. If we were to trade Flip or Happy, especially if it meant taking on more cap, it would have to be for someone who could score 30-35+ goals to make any sense.

#103 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

We need secondary scoring not another play maker. Savards career high in goals is only 5 more that Huds....
Not to mention Savard is 6 years older with injury issues and on the decline.
Besides Kenny would never make this trade anyways, hes all about long term profit.

Edited by Original-Six, 24 June 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#104 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Savard is one of my favorite players who doesn't wear a winged wheel, and I would love to see him here but I just don't see it happening.

Kinda funny because before I saw this thread I read the Cheechoo one above it. People hate on Cheechoo for needing a skilled playmaker like big Joe but if we were to somehow get both Savard and Cheechoo for a hit of ~ 4.5 mil we could potentially (if the planets all allign and the moon is full) have another 56 goal season from Cheechoo and Savard's impressive numbers on top of that. That is, if Cheechoo is bought out.

Not that I think this is even possible but it's pretty interesting if you really think about it... Maybe something Burke should consider trying. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the playoffs?

#105 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Savard is one of my favorite players who doesn't wear a winged wheel, and I would love to see him here but I just don't see it happening.

Kinda funny because before I saw this thread I read the Cheechoo one above it. People hate on Cheechoo for needing a skilled playmaker like big Joe but if we were to somehow get both Savard and Cheechoo for a hit of ~ 4.5 mil we could potentially (if the planets all allign and the moon is full) have another 56 goal season from Cheechoo and Savard's impressive numbers on top of that. That is, if Cheechoo is bought out.

Not that I think this is even possible but it's pretty interesting if you really think about it... Maybe something Burke should consider trying. What's the worst that could happen? Miss the playoffs?

That would be awesome but considering that Savard's hit alone is roughly $4M (it is actually $4.007M) I don't think Cheechoo is going to sign for $500K even if he is still getting paid from a buyout.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Frozen-Man, 25 June 2010 - 02:50 PM.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#106 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Cheechoo was taken off of Thornton's line, and thereafter gradually demoted to the bottom two lines, because his performance dropped below acceptable scoring line levels.

#107 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Supposedly it`s Chicago he`d waive to goto not Detroit.

http://www.spectorsh...rumors&Itemid=4

Posted Image

#108 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

well, Chicago cannot handle his salary unless they trade Campbell & Huet for Savard!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#109 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

LOL. Good luck with that one, Savard...

#110 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

I don't get the Clears hate yet again. Savard as it has been said is 33, and will not bring the exact same things to the ice that a player such as Danny does. I don't know man, the trade Cleary thing is just at a pinnacle and this is the year I feel we need to see what he can do. So nah on that.

Please remind what Cleary brought to the Wings last year? Savard is infinitely better, but it doesn't matter because Cleary + pick won't bring Savard anyway.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#111 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

Please remind what Cleary brought to the Wings last year? Savard is infinitely better, but it doesn't matter because Cleary + pick won't bring Savard anyway.

How many times does it need to be said that Cleary was playing with multiple tears in one of his menisci? The guy could barely climb stairs at times last season. That he managed to play on any consistent basis is extremely impressive, given his injury. In any other season, he may have been rested so that he could heal up and get back to optimum capability---indeed, many players wouldn't have volunteered to play while dealing with such an injury---but in this last season, with so many team members missing time for injuries and a playoff spot in doubt, the team needed him on the ice.

Were you totally ignoring all of the above when you made your post, or were you just blissfully unaware of it?

#112 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

How many times does it need to be said that Cleary was playing with multiple tears in one of his menisci? The guy could barely climb stairs at times last season. That he managed to play on any consistent basis is extremely impressive, given his injury. In any other season, he may have been rested so that he could heal up and get back to optimum capability---indeed, many players wouldn't have volunteered to play while dealing with such an injury---but in this last season, with so many team members missing time for injuries and a playoff spot in doubt, the team needed him on the ice.

Were you totally ignoring all of the above when you made your post, or were you just blissfully unaware of it?

Bottom line is Savard is a better play then clearly.

#113 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Bottom line is Savard is a better play then clearly.

And Brodeur is a better player than Savard. What's your point? Savard has about as much capacity to play a checking, PK role as he does a goaltending role.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#114 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Looks like it is really just Ottawa and Toronto.
http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,251603

#115 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

For what it's worth I'd love to have Savard on the Red Wings; as someone else pointed out - just think how much better guys like Bertuzzi, and Franzen would be if they were riding shotgun?

2009-10 41 games played
2008-09 82 games played
2007-08 74 games played
2006-07 82 games played
2005-06 82 games played

Until last season he's been pretty damn healthy; his concussion woes were early in his career (last concussion prior to this past spring was Jan of 2004), and until last season's hit by Cooke - they were all deemed "mild"...Still it's a concern - yet not Eric Lindros kinda concern.

He's exactly 1 year, and 3 days older than our very own Pavel Datsyuk; his age isn't as much of an issue although for me his contract is...Dunno if Holland & Co. want the length of his contract on the books, but then again a player of Savard's calibre isn't going to be cheap...Only good thing about the 7 years is that it'll be a cap hit of roughly $4 million per year.

If we could move a certain few players then I'd be for Savard donning the Winged Wheel.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#116 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

Savard's cap hit is only about 4 mill. That's an absolute STEAL for the calibre of player he is.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#117 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

Savard's cap hit is only about 4 mill. That's an absolute STEAL for the calibre of player he is.

If Savard were a few years younger, or his length of the contract were 2, or 3 years less - then I'd agree it would be a darn good deal considering what he's capable of.

Holland has gotta decide if he wants the Red Wings to be a serious threat for the Cup these next few years while guys like Dats/Hank/Mule are in their prime, and while Lids is on the team, or if he wants to be a potential contender, and stay the course with the likes of Filppula/Hudler whom are good players - yet not nearly as good as Savard (using these guys as examples since they could quite possibly dealt as part of a deal).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#118 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

vote is yes. I don't know what it'll take to get him here, some say Hudler, I say, this would ot be the first time we traded away a young man who had yet reached his potential and went on to be a very good player, that young man brought us Brendan Shanahan in return, so is it worth the gamble? I am not Holland, but I believe this team looks better with Savard on it...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#119 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

I just don't get Boston... They move Wideman for Horton so they can move Savard??? Getting Seguin wasn't enough to improve your team for next year?

I would love to have Savard, but I doubt it could happen. You don't get to get rid of people you don't want on the team for people you do.

Sure it would be nice to have him instead of Hudler or Cleary, but it ain't happening yo.

You know how hard teams like Columbus were looking for a center???

I betcha they pay out the ass for him and the Central gets even harder putting Nash and Savard together. Good god shoot me now.

For what it's worth I'd love to have Savard on the Red Wings; as someone else pointed out - just think how much better guys like Bertuzzi, and Franzen would be if they were riding shotgun?

No player can make Bertuzzi not turn the puck over or get bunk calls because he plays with only one hand on the stick all the time.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#120 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

Again you're clearly confused about how brain damage works.

Concussion 1: Damn man. Get well soon.
Concussion 2: This is worrying. Try to avoid contact with your head.
Concussion 3: s***, that wasn't that hard of a hit... how'd you get concussed?
Concussion 4: f***! Another concussion? Do you remember math anymore?
Concussion 5: WTF? How did you get a concussion opening a jar of peanut butter?!?

Hey man, that s*** ain't funny. Four years of university English and I've forgotten some math too, haha.