• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

Since the Wings like reclaimation projects..and i am gonna get laughed at for this i think, but what about cheechoo? he is a right handed shot and he can *could* put the puck in the net, I think injuries have taken thier toll on him, but he never had much support in Ottawa. Would he work on our 3rd line with maybe flip and hudler? He could probably be had for less then 1 Mil since the Sens would be on the hook for 1/2 his 3.25 mil Salary.

Not that the Wings need Another 3rd line guy, but a right handed shot would be nice, and he couldn't be worse then Williams.

Thoughts?

#2 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Since the Wings like reclaimation projects..and i am gonna get laughed at for this i think, but what about cheechoo? he is a right handed shot and he can *could* put the puck in the net, I think injuries have taken thier toll on him, but he never had much support in Ottawa. Would he work on our 3rd line with maybe flip and hudler? He could probably be had for less then 1 Mil since the Sens would be on the hook for 1/2 his 3.25 mil Salary.

Not that the Wings need Another 3rd line guy, but a right handed shot would be nice, and he couldn't be worse then Williams.

Thoughts?

if he takes the league minimum give it a shot, as recent history proves that's the effort he gives on a daily basis...mimimum.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

I wish we still had Sammy.

Cheechoo-Ruutu-Tootoo

#4 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

I will be honest I have not seen Cheechoo play this season so I do not know what his issue is but to fall that bad I'd pass.

#5 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

I wish we still had Sammy.

Cheechoo-Ruutu-Tootoo

I think 1 annoying noise in a building is enough. Imagine if they were on a line.... It would be like a freakin train station.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#6 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

Thoughts?

Stating a player "couldn't be worse than Williams" isn't exactly a great way to sell them. :P
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'd be fine with giving him an invite to camp and if he earns a job, giving him a contract then - I wouldn't want them to sign him outright, even for league minimum...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#8 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Stating a player "couldn't be worse than Williams" isn't exactly a great way to sell them. :P

This is true :)

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

No. No. No. No.

No.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

It's a ***** when you don't have one of the top passing centers in the game setting you up for sweet chances every night.

That being said, Pav is a very good passer.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,372 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

It's a ***** when you don't have one of the top passing centers in the game setting you up for sweet chances every night.

That being said, Pav is a very good passer.

If he were guaranteed to score 50 goals with Datsyuk feeding him passes, then yes.

Chances of that happening would be like Kopecky winning the Art Ross.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

If he were guaranteed to score 50 goals with Datsyuk feeding him passes, then yes.

Chances of that happening would be like Kopecky winning the Art Ross.

Regardless, it is not inconceivable for him to regain some of his offensive touch. He had a 28 goal season prior to Thornton. For a million or less I would for sure do it.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Regardless, it is not inconceivable for him to regain some of his offensive touch. He had a 28 goal season prior to Thornton. For a million or less I would for sure do it.

You've never really watched Cheechoo play, have you? Geeze...

(sarc)

#14 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

Ive only heard good things about his play and attitude since being sent down to the AHL. Since he's been sent down he's been first on the ice and last off every practice session. Seems like hes trying to turn things around. So I'd be all for it, personally.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#15 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Ive only heard good things about his play and attitude since being sent down to the AHL. Since he's been sent down he's been first on the ice and last off every practice session. Seems like hes trying to turn things around. So I'd be all for it, personally.

Sounds like they did all the work (invoking punishment/rehab) and he has recieved the message. If they want to get rid of him without giving him a second chance and we can get him at a LOW hit, why not. Cheechoo - guzundheit.

#16 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#17 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Oh man, win. I love The Office... and more importantly Michael Scott.

Jan: "I'm sorry, I underestimated you Michael"
Micheal: "Well maybe next time you will estimate me"

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

Cheechoo's surgery a few years back really cost him a lot of his explosiveness. Maybe he can get it back. Maybe he can't.

#19 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

I think 1 annoying noise in a building is enough. Imagine if they were on a line.... It would be like a freakin train station.

If that train station was Joe Louis Arena, and the train was the GOAL HORN ROLLING THROUGH, I'd take any line!

NEXT TRAIN TO KALAMAZOO, LEAVES IN 5 MINUTES! (score) MAKE THAT NOW!

BROONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG!!!!!!!!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#20 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Thoughts?

Nah, we've got Hudler, who needs someone who is better than Hudler? Hudler is the way to the light! Stanley Cup baby!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.