• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Slave

If The Senators Buy Out Cheechoo...

Rate this topic

Since the Wings like reclaimation projects..and i am gonna get laughed at for this i think, but what about cheechoo? he is a right handed shot and he can *could* put the puck in the net, I think injuries have taken thier toll on him, but he never had much support in Ottawa. Would he work on our 3rd line with maybe flip and hudler? He could probably be had for less then 1 Mil since the Sens would be on the hook for 1/2 his 3.25 mil Salary.

Not that the Wings need Another 3rd line guy, but a right handed shot would be nice, and he couldn't be worse then Williams.

Thoughts?

Since the Wings like reclaimation projects..and i am gonna get laughed at for this i think, but what about cheechoo? he is a right handed shot and he can *could* put the puck in the net, I think injuries have taken thier toll on him, but he never had much support in Ottawa. Would he work on our 3rd line with maybe flip and hudler? He could probably be had for less then 1 Mil since the Sens would be on the hook for 1/2 his 3.25 mil Salary.

Not that the Wings need Another 3rd line guy, but a right handed shot would be nice, and he couldn't be worse then Williams.

Thoughts?

if he takes the league minimum give it a shot, as recent history proves that's the effort he gives on a daily basis...mimimum.

Thoughts?

Stating a player "couldn't be worse than Williams" isn't exactly a great way to sell them. :P

It's a ***** when you don't have one of the top passing centers in the game setting you up for sweet chances every night.

That being said, Pav is a very good passer.

It's a ***** when you don't have one of the top passing centers in the game setting you up for sweet chances every night.

That being said, Pav is a very good passer.

If he were guaranteed to score 50 goals with Datsyuk feeding him passes, then yes.

Chances of that happening would be like Kopecky winning the Art Ross.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If he were guaranteed to score 50 goals with Datsyuk feeding him passes, then yes.

Chances of that happening would be like Kopecky winning the Art Ross.

Regardless, it is not inconceivable for him to regain some of his offensive touch. He had a 28 goal season prior to Thornton. For a million or less I would for sure do it.

Guest Crymson

Regardless, it is not inconceivable for him to regain some of his offensive touch. He had a 28 goal season prior to Thornton. For a million or less I would for sure do it.

You've never really watched Cheechoo play, have you? Geeze...

(sarc)

Ive only heard good things about his play and attitude since being sent down to the AHL. Since he's been sent down he's been first on the ice and last off every practice session. Seems like hes trying to turn things around. So I'd be all for it, personally.

Ive only heard good things about his play and attitude since being sent down to the AHL. Since he's been sent down he's been first on the ice and last off every practice session. Seems like hes trying to turn things around. So I'd be all for it, personally.

Sounds like they did all the work (invoking punishment/rehab) and he has recieved the message. If they want to get rid of him without giving him a second chance and we can get him at a LOW hit, why not. Cheechoo - guzundheit.

Guest Crymson

Cheechoo's surgery a few years back really cost him a lot of his explosiveness. Maybe he can get it back. Maybe he can't.

I think 1 annoying noise in a building is enough. Imagine if they were on a line.... It would be like a freakin train station.

If that train station was Joe Louis Arena, and the train was the GOAL HORN ROLLING THROUGH, I'd take any line!

NEXT TRAIN TO KALAMAZOO, LEAVES IN 5 MINUTES! (score) MAKE THAT NOW!

BROONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Nah, we've got Hudler, who needs someone who is better than Hudler? Hudler is the way to the light! Stanley Cup baby!

I'd give him a shot. Is it likely that he'll get bought out? I haven't been keeping up on the situation to much.

they will buy him out and he sucks. sorry to burst your bubble cheechoo lovers. he will never be the player he was...for those couple great years.

It would be foolish not to sign him if he were willing to play for league minimum. Cheechoo hasn't been so great lately but all joking aside, he has lots of potential. Does not matter if he played on a line with 'X,' or was surrounded by 'Y' and 'Z' in his glory years in San Jose. We're the Detroit Red Wings and we've been home to the best 'Y's' and 'Z's' to ever play the game.

If an environment like ours (yes, ours - not Ottawa's) could spark that potential for dirt cheap it would be the steal of the season. Not only that but his broke-ass, joke-ass would owe us for saving his career and he'd likely re-sign for a very grateful, very reasonable cap hit. We lack rightys anyway i say give him a crack at NHL hockey on a real team.

Guest Crymson

Many people on these boards seem to have some strange idea that Cheechoo's decline was due to no longer being with Thornton and that all the only thing necessary to restore him to elite levels is to put him back with a skilled playmaker. This is nonsense on the highest level. The Sharks had every reason to keep Cheechoo and Thornton together after the success they had in the '05-'06 season. Cheechoo's scoring did not decline because he was taken off of Thornton's line; he was, rather, taken off of Thornton's line because his (Cheechoo's) scoring had dropped to levels unacceptable on a scoring line and it made more sense to put someone on Thornton's wing who was capable of scoring goals. Cheechoo effectively played himself off San Jose's scoring lines and eventually off the team, and thereafter into Ottawa's minor league system. The problem was with him, not with those around him. There has been much speculation as to why Cheechoo has seen such a precipitous decline in his scoring numbers over the past several years. Given that he was scoring goals before Thornton came to the team---thus eliminating any notion that his success was due to Thornton's efforts (watch

to see some of his many individual efforts in '05-'06)---and given that his hernia surgery coincided with an extreme drop in his production, one might think that post-injury woes are what continue to plague his performance. He has always been a hard worker, so I don't think that's the issue; and loss of confidence cannot turn a 50+ goal scorer into a minors-caliber player.