• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TripleS

Panthers Looking to Deal 1st Round Pick

Rate this topic

From Darren Dreger of TSN:

"Panthers looking to deal at Draft

Florida Panthers' general manager Dale Tallon is shopping 15th overall.

He's willing to package another player with it to attract an offensive forward, or would consider a collection of draft picks in return.

Likely a trade that happens on the floor just before the selection, although a number of teams are interested."

http://tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=325577

I remember reading that the Red Wings would be interested in trading up at the draft if they feel a player they like would be available. I wonder if the Red Wings would be interested in jumping up to the 15th spot. Jim Nill also said that the draft has about 10-15 sure picks and the rest are questionable. Do you think the Wings could throw the 21st pick and the rights to Derek Meech for the 15th? Florida traded for Denis Wideman earlier so maybe they are looking for more depth and Meech is a versatile player.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He's willing to package another player with it to attract an offensive forward, or would consider a collection of draft picks in return.

Likely a trade that happens on the floor just before the selection, although a number of teams are interested."

I remember reading that the Red Wings would be interested in trading up at the draft if they feel a player they like would be available. I wonder if the Red Wings would be interested in jumping up to the 15th spot. Jim Nill also said that the draft has about 10-15 sure picks and the rest are questionable. Do you think the Wings could throw the 21st pick and the rights to Derek Meech for the 15th? Florida traded for Denis Wideman earlier so maybe they are looking for more depth and Meech is a versatile player.

and the rights to Derek Meech for the 15th?

and the rights to Derek Meech for the 15th?

Of course.

our first, Flip for their first and Rostislav Olesz.

If Florida would make that deal I'd do it without question. Losing Meech is worth going up 6 spaces.

like i said in the other thread, maybe the 21st and rittola could get it done, also would free up a roster spot.

I wouldn't part with Ritola to move up 6 spots. Ritola hasn't had a chance to show us what he can do in the NHL and has lots of untapped potential right now.

If Florida would make that deal I'd do it without question. Losing Meech is worth going up 6 spaces.

I wouldn't part with Ritola to move up 6 spots. Ritola hasn't had a chance to show us what he can do in the NHL and has lots of untapped potential right now.

It all depends who is left when the Panthers pick comes around. If there 1 or 2 guys that should have been gone in the top 10 but are still around at 15 I would send Ritola packing if Meech doesnt cut it, but that's just me.

It all depends who is left when the Panthers pick comes around. If there 1 or 2 guys that should have been gone in the top 10 but are still around at 15 I would send Ritola packing if Meech doesnt cut it, but that's just me.

Same here. Ritola is a fourth line player who may one day be a nice third line player. I'd throw him into a trade that would land us a top 15 pick, you'd be crazy not to if there is a player with 2nd or 3/4 dman ability and potential at the 15th spot. Hell, even our 1st, 2nd and 4th might do it.

most of the people who keep saying to trade ritola obviously havn't seen him play at all. and people should lay off flip too. give him a full year on the 2nd or 1st line. put ritola on a line with datsyuk and watch the danglefest unfold. ritola's got skill with the puck. i'd trade the rights to meech, but the panthers may want more than that with the 21st pick. they may take meech, 21st pick and someone like mcgrath or pare... the wings have lots they can throw at the panthers. i could see the panthers wanting someone like logan pyett.

Guest Crymson

our first, Flip for their first and Rostislav Olesz.

Are you really on about Olesz again?

Yeah I agree. Meech is a player who the Red Wings may have to lose anyway so why not throw him the Panthers way and move up in the draft. Whether or not it is enough is the question and I hope the Red Wings are talking to the Panthers about moving up because I think that 6 spot jump would make a difference. I have a feeling this is gonna happen haha.

most of the people who keep saying to trade ritola obviously havn't seen him play at all. and people should lay off flip too. give him a full year on the 2nd or 1st line. put ritola on a line with datsyuk and watch the danglefest unfold. ritola's got skill with the puck. i'd trade the rights to meech, but the panthers may want more than that with the 21st pick. they may take meech, 21st pick and someone like mcgrath or pare... the wings have lots they can throw at the panthers. i could see the panthers wanting someone like logan pyett.

I've seen enough of him to say bye bye if there is a guy worth picking at 15 that has slipped a bit. He never had any kind of scoring touch in the AHL and had one nice little deke while he was up here.

Other then that nothing really special.

Rights to Meech, Lebda, Leino, and Grigorenko. Git 'er done!

Sounds to me like Florida is looking to replace Horton. Why the hell would they be willing to move down 6 places in exchange for our garbage?

A more realistic proposal would be someone like Hudler and our 1st for the 15th + someone Florida doesn't really want. Or maybe our 1st and 2nd plus Ritola.

Someone really good (like Niederreiter, Johanson, Connolly, Fowler...) would have to fall to make it worth it. This is more of an opportunity for a team looking to dump a roster player, like Chicago. Versteeg and the 24th for the 15th and a low prospect.

im not going to start a new thread but atlanta is shopping the 8th, maybe kenny can fleece them.

If there was a year to move up in the draft this is it. This day could be full of surprises for us wings fans. Or it could be a typical one lol