• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Evgeni Ryasenski

Rate this topic

http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

Ryasenskiy's stats in 2010: 16pts (6+10) in 62 gms; played for RUS in the Swedish leg of EuroHockeyTour & was named best D of tourney. #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Ryasenskiy to SovSport: "I think that I can succeed in the NHL because small rinks and physical style of play fit my profile." #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Ryasenskiy to SovSport: "Detroit contacted me thru a NA agent. I will attend camp. I am OK with spending some time in the AHL." #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Evgeni Ryasenski, 22 year old D from KHL's Neftekhimik, told SovSport he received an offer from the #RedWings and will move to Detroit. about 2 hours ago via web

Did a bit of research...all I found out was that he got a 5 min boarding major some time in the 08-09 season.

Height 5'10'' (178 cm)

Weight 176 (80 kg)

Meh. Lets see what he does in GR.

Edit: Turns out he's actually 5'11, 194lbs...now Im interested :ph34r:

Edited by uk_redwing

Awesome.

A young guy who didn't cost the Wings a player, prospect or even a pick is going to play in Grand Rapids with the hope of making the Wings.

What's not to like? The worst case scenario is he gives the Wings depth and adds talent to Grand Rapids.

Awesome.

A young guy who didn't cost the Wings a player, prospect or even a pick is going to play in Grand Rapids with the hope of making the Wings.

What's not to like? The worst case scenario is he gives the Wings depth and adds talent to Grand Rapids.

How can you not admire a team that is always out there looking for "bargains." The management of this team is fantastic.

Could someone please explain how a 22 year old can be acquired without going through the draft.

Well, I like this attitude: "I am okay with spending time in the AHL."

But 16 points in 62 games in a Euro league? That's gotta translate to what, 3 points in 82 games in the NHL? Probably will never leave Grand Rapids but it doesn't hurt to give him a tryout.

But 16 points in 62 games in a Euro league? That's gotta translate to what, 3 points in 82 games in the NHL? Probably will never leave Grand Rapids but it doesn't hurt to give him a tryout.

Those leagues are often populated by ex-NHLers and 'couldn't make it in the NHL' types. Young guys usually have unimpressive numbers there. It's pretty much the opposite of the QMJHL where high point totals are arguably meaningless given how many guys fail to translate that to the pro game (prospects with the strength of an 8 year old anemic can score 100pts in the Q).

Also note that he's an unsigned defenseman so his point totals aren't supposed to be terribly impressive at this stage.

It is actually 16 points in 53 games, and he plays in the KHL which I feel comfortable saying it is the second best league in the world just behind the NHL. Here is his HockeyDB page.

Edited by cjm502

I never heard of him before. At first I thought it was the high-skill prospect in this year's draft that said he's committed to playing in the KHL. How did the Wings get ahold of him?

I'm betting that a Wings scout watching draft eligible players happened to see this guy play and let Holland or Nill know about his potential.

http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

Ryasenskiy's stats in 2010: 16pts (6+10) in 62 gms; played for RUS in the Swedish leg of EuroHockeyTour & was named best D of tourney. #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Ryasenskiy to SovSport: "I think that I can succeed in the NHL because small rinks and physical style of play fit my profile." #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Ryasenskiy to SovSport: "Detroit contacted me thru a NA agent. I will attend camp. I am OK with spending some time in the AHL." #DRW about 2 hours ago via web

Evgeni Ryasenski, 22 year old D from KHL's Neftekhimik, told SovSport he received an offer from the #RedWings and will move to Detroit. about 2 hours ago via web

danny markov 2.0???

I'm sold

well he's smaller than markov, he could be like kronwall without the offence

He put up 16 points in 53 games in the KHL at age 22. There is definitely some offensive potential there, I guess we will see when the time comes.

Edited by cjm502

Well either way I'm definitely intrigued. Sounds like he plays with an edge and likes to take the body. Judging by his stats he seems to have some offensive potential too. I'm guessing he will be given every chance to make the team because I can't see him staying in GR too long. I guess that means the end of meech and lilja.

You could argue that the SEL is on par with the KHL.

"I'm Ken Daniels along with Mickey Redmond and welcome to tonight's debate: Which league is better? The KHL or SEL? Please welcome our speakers and special guests, each of whom represent their home country; Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg".

I'm intrigued for that debate. Anyone else?

:blink:

So an undersized version of Staffan Kronwall?

Guest mindfly

Although I can't help to feel a wee bit "sorry" for them, there's no chance in the world that this stranger could earn a roster spot in detroit, how many camp invites have they had the past few years, none of them worked out, even though he probably will be better than Ericsson he won't take his place (and here i don't get it) I always thought they were gonna put the BEST players on the ice..but it's not always like that..I can only remember like Dan Cleary who got a spot after camp, but he was a 26 year old highly talanted 13th overall with some work ethic issues so it wasn't a shocker he made the team..

Alot of these young kids really aiming for the detroit spot and (probably) believe they have a good chance, but that's not reality in kenny holland's world

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Edited by mindfly

Guest screwdahawks

Although I can't help to feel a wee bit "sorry" for them, there's no chance in the world that this stranger could earn a roster spot in detroit, how many camp invites have they had the past few years, none of them worked out, even though he probably will be better than Ericsson he won't take his place (and here i don't get it) I always thought they were gonna put the BEST players on the ice..but it's not always like that..I can only remember like Dan Cleary who got a spot after camp, but he was a 26 year old highly talanted 13th overall with some work ethic issues so it wasn't a shocker he made the team..

Alot of these young kids really aiming for the detroit spot and (probably) believe they have a good chance, but that's not reality in kenny holland's world

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

No, there are probably several who think the same but there is also a ton of people that believe that all of the Franzen's out there are drafted way before they're 25, so it never hurts to take a look.

Vladimir Konstantinov, Height 5.11 -- Weight 176 , hit like a train.

You don't have to be 6'4" 230Lb to deliver the goods guys.

The Wings wouldn't have this guy over for nothing.

It's very true.

Boxing is the same way. Heavyweights get all the attention, but I can hit harder now as a cruiserweight (heavy middleweight) than I ever did. It's not all size, but also technique.