• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

What's Going on with the Red Wing's RFA's

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Anybody know what's going on with all of our RFA's? Last I heard, contracts were offered to them, but I have not heard anything since.

July 1st looms... Although I don't know much I just like to post about Wings stuff lol. I believe thats when we will hear something but we shall see.

July 1st looms, but they are still RFAs afterwards as they have been tendered qualifying offers. They can go ahead and leave the deal on the table if they like, but they won't be playing NHL hockey this season if they do.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Eaves and Miller can file for arbitration.

Will they?

None of our RFA's are significant targets for an offer sheet. Helm is the highest profile guy and no one in their right mind would offer him something Holland can't match.

Agreed. The only concern with this is that arbitration or an offer sheet (one that we will match) will drive the price up. Say, for the sake of an example (even though it is a very unrealistic example) that we offer Helm $500,000, and Columbus offers him a $1 mil offer sheet. We match. Now we are paying $1 mil for what Holland deems to be a $500,000 player. Not good. However, I'm not even sure what I am trying to prove here, other than to say, I hope we get them signed soon.

Guest mindfly

Status? Deadline for offers? everyone will get a 10% increase or? will eaves and miller ask for more and/or go for arbitration?

is there a deadline for a contract ? just curious because we havent heard that they have accepted or declined or anything it just seems weird its been a couple weeks now and no news about it. I think they only players who would get offer sheets are Abby and Helm but like drake said nothing Kenny couldnt match.

Guest mindfly

I heard from a guy just now that the last day to qualify them was today :S

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/06/red_wings_forward_justin_abdel_5.html

Red Wings forward and restricted free agent Justin Abdelkader played the role of parade marshall in Muskegon this past weekend, and he spoke to the Muskegon Chronicle's Ron Rop about his off-season activities, which include re-signing with the Red Wings in short order.

Abdelkader, who earned $717,000 in base salary and a $140,000 signing bonus on his entry-level deal, has yet to hear much from his agent regarding negotiations as the Red Wings didn't know how much salary cap space they'd have until the middle of last week:

Muskegon Chronicle: “Just waiting to see what will happen contract-wise,” said Abdelkader, who served as the grand marshall of the Summer Celebration parade on Saturday in downtown Muskegon. “It’s just a wait-and-see process. I haven’t really talked much about it, but hopefully I’ll have a little security and we’ll see how negotiations go.”

Abdelkader just completed a three-year deal with the Wings. In those three seasons, he played 54 regular-season and 21 playoff games with the Wings. Last season, he made the Wings’ roster out of training camp, spent 50 games in Detroit, went to its American Hockey League affiliate in Grand Rapids for 33 games then back to Detroit, where he played 11 playoff games. Abdelkader, who was on a two-way contract, was sent to Grand Rapids just prior to the Olympic break after Jason Williams returned from an injury.

“I had an idea it would be me being that I was on a two-way contract,” Abdelkader said. “I was a guy who could be sent down, but I was fortunate enough to play in 50 games and get experience. Injuries helped keep me there.”

At the present moment, Abdelkader spends his weekdays in Lansing, completing his degree in "supply-chain economics" at Michigan State University, and contractually speaking, the Wings will probably re-sign Abdelkader to a deal in the $800,000-$850,000 range as he has yet to establish himself at the NHL level. For now, not having much contractual leverage means that it's easier for Ken Holland to fit Abdelkader into the team's salary capped structure.

is there a deadline for a contract ? just curious because we havent heard that they have accepted or declined or anything it just seems weird its been a couple weeks now and no news about it. I think they only players who would get offer sheets are Abby and Helm but like drake said nothing Kenny couldnt match.

I see Eaves and Miller get an offer sheet before Abby and Helm. They are at that point in their career where they now found their game and are good role players for teams that need depth. I can see Eaves get a $1m offer and a little bit less for Miller but the potential is there.