• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Getting Rid of diving

Rate this topic

Yeah well a "f*** this f*** you" to you too!

...Oh... The other one... Yeah... Sorry...

:lol:

I just don't think there will ever be a serious crackdown on diving unless it's a different set of players consistently doing it - players like Avery would get it called every time; players like Crosby would never get it called. It's the same thing when it comes to headshots. Guys like Pronger and Cooke get a free pass; players like Carcillo or Downie are made examples of.

Maybe he wouldn't get called for interference so much if he didn't actually interfere with the goalie every game?

and to those of you calling Crosby a diver, maybe you should take a closer look at Franzen. Or maybe just take notice of how everytime an opposing player touches Holmstrom he goes flying into the goalie, even if he was pushed in a direction that wouldn't put him into the goalie.

and to those of you calling Crosby a diver, maybe you should take a closer look at Franzen. Or maybe just take notice of how everytime an opposing player touches Holmstrom he goes flying into the goalie, even if he was pushed in a direction that wouldn't put him into the goalie.

Here's my evaluation of Franzen's diving past. He actually doesn't dive/embellish all that often. However, when he does, it's so egregious that people will never ever forget it. They're just flat out embarrassing. So while it seems like he's deserving of the diver label, he's actually not. He just doesn't do it often enough and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it as much as Bettman's bottom *****.

Here's my evaluation of Franzen's diving past. He actually doesn't dive/embellish all that often. However, when he does, it's so egregious that people will never ever forget it. They're just flat out embarrassing. So while it seems like he's deserving of the diver label, he's actually not. He just doesn't do it often enough and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it as much as Bettman's bottom *****.

And he certainly doesn't do it when he gets touched by his own players. I happen to remember Crosby trying dramatically to sell a call...against Gonchar.

As for Holmstrom always interfering with the goalie? Uhn-uh. He's honed that part of his game to a science. He knows where he needs to be. Problem is, he USED to interfere more and as a result, he just gets reputation calls made against him now, sometimes in cases where, relatively speaking, he's nowhere near the goaltender. If anything, goaltenders have a habit of interfering with HIM. Unless the repeated hacks and slashes became legal when I wasn't watching, I mean.

Maybe he wouldn't get called for interference so much if he didn't actually interfere with the goalie every game?

babycrying.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... :unsure:

babycrying.jpg

Great argument.

I wouldn't say I'm the one whining. The whiners are the ones that won't give up on something Crosby did in his first couple seasons.

Why is it every team that beats the Wings are immediately called divers? Is it really hard to see how your team has been winning for the last five years? The constant interference and picking is ridiculous.

Have you ever thought about the fact that you all cheer for a team of major *******? They aren't willing to stand up for themselves and their dirty play so eventually a guy like Kopecky drops his gloves and gets his face smashed in.

Great argument.

I wouldn't say I'm the one whining. The whiners are the ones that won't give up on something Crosby did in his first couple seasons.

Why is it every team that beats the Wings are immediately called divers? Is it really hard to see how your team has been winning for the last five years? The constant interference and picking is ridiculous.

Have you ever thought about the fact that you all cheer for a team of major *******? They aren't willing to stand up for themselves and their dirty play so eventually a guy like Kopecky drops his gloves and gets his face smashed in.

TROLL alert!!!!

Great argument.

The specific dive I mentioned (Crosby diving after being touched by Gonchar and not an opposition player) was just this past season.

I didn't realize that the 2009 playoffs were also within Crosby's "first couple seasons". Prime example:

I usually make it a point to not feed trolls, but I'm bored today.

tootoo with a nice dive here, this an example where even though they scored, at least a 2 min in the box w/no powerplay would be used

i know obvious troll is obvious, but if you didn't see anderson's dive you are blind Edited by jollymania

Hmm...

In that video, there was one instance where the goal was waved off; Homer is in front of the net, with his feet outside of the crease, and he's looking down to try and find the rebound when he is viciously cross checked from the side. Franzen picks up the rebound and scores, but the goal is waved off because of Homer's goaltender interference. Then we have the situation where Homer is outside the crease and Lilja shoots the puck, Anderson (who has come out of the crease behind Homer) tries to grab it over Homer's shoulder and basically grabs on to Homer before falling over and flopping to try and make a save as Homer tries to regain his footing. Homer is called for goaltender interference due to the fact that he and Anderson made contact and Anderson fell over.

Yep, clearly on both counts the refs were calling exactly as they saw, and not just making a reputation call.