• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

After playing NHL10 to death, I thought I would switch it up and try a new sport game so i bought Madden 10.

I have never owned a madden game nor do I follow football. I have played a few games at friends houses and really enjoyed it.

Now that I have started a franchise mode, I have discovered that i do not know the first thing about this game! :lol:

My main problems are with the Defense, I can't stop anything. Unless I play on rookie..but that's way to easy.

Any tips in general for a Madden Newbie?

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#2 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

Should of waited for Madden 11 to come out first off. ;)
Second off, when I play I just pick plays that I think will stop the other team. Like I always look for if the team got a good running back then they will probably try and use him more. So then I pick plays that would stop the running back. If the team got a good QB then I would look for plays to intercept a pass or blitz so I can get to the QB.
This probably isn't much help but it's what I do.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#3 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

Easiest way is to just Supersim through the defence.

If you do want to play it then using the "Ask Madden" option is usually your best bet if you don't know what is going on.

It also usually tells you what type of players the other team has on the field. If they have a s*** load of receivers you are going to want to respect the pass. Picking a play that has more defensive backs on the field as opposed to linebackers would give you a better chance of stopping the pass. The opposite goes for if they line have double tight ends and 1 wideout. They probably will be running the ball therefore you can pick a play that has more linebackers or even an extra lineman to play the run. Even if the pass your LB's are capable of covering the tightends.

There is actually quite a bit to the game. Just practice in the actual practice arena for awhile and get use to the audibles and the defensive hot route things. The controls that tell your LB's or DL what to do prior to the snap are fairly crucial too. For example, if they have a heavy right formation and then they motion a fullback or a tightend to the right you can damn near guarantee they are running the ball there. With those pre-snap controls you can shift your backers or lineman to the right and also tell all or one of your linebackers to blitz.

It took me awhile to get it down but really it sounds a lot harder than it is. Like I said before, if you are just in it for casual playing then just sim through the defence parts.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#4 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for your responses. Really helpful information, especially the part about simming the Defensive plays haha.

I'm slowing getting better. Good fun.

Should of waited for Madden 11 to come out first off

Normally I'd agree, but since I'm only after a casual game of Madden it was a good oppurtunity to pick up 10 for cheap. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#5 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for your responses. Really helpful information, especially the part about simming the Defensive plays haha.

I'm slowing getting better. Good fun.

Normally I'd agree, but since I'm only after a casual game of Madden it was a good oppurtunity to pick up 10 for cheap. :thumbup:

Personally, I like the NCAA games better than Madden. I'm not a big NFL fan but I could watch college ball every day of the week. 120 schools to pick from and the Dynasty mode is pretty cool too. The best part about it though is the playbooks. I love the idea of being able to run the triple option and stuff like that. The variety of different plays in NCAA is awesome.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users