86 replies to this topic

#21 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

More Nill:

“I don’t like to make comparisons with young players. It’s not really fair to them,’’ Nill said. “But he does remind me of (Detroit power forward) Johan Franzen. He’s got a big, thick body. He’s been a big scorer. That’s what we project him to be.’’

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#22 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

does anyone know how many years he has left at Notre Dame ? Hopefully not to many 19 now say 2 more he will be 21 before he even get to GR then he will be there at least a year would be my guess. Does anyone have a clip of him getting called up by the Wings ?

Edited by king_malice, 26 June 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#23 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

does anyone know how maybe years he has left at Notre Dame ? Hopefully not to many 19 now say 2 more he will be 21 before he even get to GR then he will be there at least a year would be my guess. Does anyone have a clip of him getting called up by the Wings ?

He doesn't turn 19 until December.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#24 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

This is probably way premature, but it's just nice and fun to speculate sometimes. DO NOT take this seriously, critique all you want, but don't take this as a "I believe this is the way things actually will be" kind of post. More like, "maybe this could happen".

So, in 2 years, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Osgood, and Draper will all more than likely be retired or moving on (probably only Bert). So I'm just speculating, again, but with the prospects we have, maybe this is something we could see at that time:

Hudler - Datsyuk - Franzen
Tatar - Zetterberg - Nestrasil
Cleary - Filppula - Ritola
Helm - Abdelkader - Eaves

Okay so that was a lot harder than I thought, I was sort of thinking about plugging Sheahan into the system in a couple years, which is unlikely, but I thought with his size and physical and mental maturity it could be possible. But for what the team needs, Tatar may be more ready, and Nestrasil is a RW with some good size who can score too.

I figured you'd plug Flip into the second line and Sheahan could center the 3rd line to start his NHL career... playing in on the powerplay and PK.

Oh and the Defense:

Smith - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Ericsson - Kindl
Kolosov/Pyett

Edited by SwedeLundin77, 26 June 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#25 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

I think our future is pretty damn good looking at our prospects. You have to remember that our core is still 25-30 right now so we have another 5-10 years to develop and integrate new talent into that system and keep rolling over the core into new players. You lose Lidstrom, but if Smith projects what they say he can, he'll be a solid guy to step in and have a bright future. You also look at Defensive prospects like Lashoff (19), Almqvist (19), Nicastro (20), Fournier (18), Jensen (19), Rufenach (21), and Piche (22). THese are all guys capable of stepping in, in a couple years as long as they develop well, and let's face it, they're in a good program to do that. The Wings love to develop and take it slow with prospects which could end in good things to come.

#26 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

lol i forgot about Sheahan being arrested .....our prospects are on a roll

{eot}

Text Size
Two NHL prospects, both freshmen at Notre Dame, were arrested on Sunday in South Bend, Indiana, a local newspaper reported.

Riley Sheahan, a potential first round pick in 2010, and Kyle Palmieri, a first-round selection of the Anaheim Ducks at last year's draft, are now facing charges, according to the South Bend Tribune.

Sheahan, 18, is charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption, while 19-year-old Palmieri is charged with two counts of resisting arrest and minor alcohol consumption.

According to a police report, an officer saw Palmieri, Sheahan and a third person standing in the back of a pickup truck at approximately 2:30am et on Sunday. When approached by an officer, Palmieri tried to run away, which led to a struggle, the paper reported. Then Palmieri allegedly reached for the officer's Taser.

The Tribune reported that the police said tests showed Palmieri's blood-alcohol level to be .10 percent and Sheahan's to be .12.

Palmieri was the 26th overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Sheahan, of St. Catharines, Ontario, is the 22nd-ranked North American skater in the Central Scouting final rankings, having previously been fifth in the midterm rankings.

Each player registered 17 points in his first season with Notre Dame last season.

At Drake on the Wings site it says hes 19....maybe its wrong then

#27 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

This is probably way premature, but it's just nice and fun to speculate sometimes. DO NOT take this seriously, critique all you want, but don't take this as a "I believe this is the way things actually will be" kind of post. More like, "maybe this could happen".

My hope is that this guy or Joakim Andersson or Justin Abdelkader, one of those dudes will allow Datsyuk and Zetterberg to play together full time.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:06 AM

“Without question he achieved quite a bit (as a freshman) for the youngest player in college hockey," says Notre Dame coach Jeff Jackson. "He was 17 years old and was playing up against 20-year-old players on a regular basis in practice and games, and he did extremely well. He was a freshman that came in and played a regular role in both our power play and penalty kill situation, so he was an important part of our team. He’s a very responsible player, very smart, and because of that I could use him in almost any situation. He’s more than a defensive forward; I know he can do quite a bit more offensively, and we’ll be relying on that in the future.”

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:34 AM

When they were talking to him they said he liked the physical part of the game and playing gritty as well. I always like that, anyone know if he has a good physical and plays the body a lot or is he just more of a strong in the corners type of guy?

Can't complain, 6'2 200+ pounds and from somewhat near my hometown and from the town my university is in. Much better pick then Kabanov i must say

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#30 Rush

Rush

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

Does anyone have a clip of him getting called up by the Wings ?

Edit: Skip to page 3, it won't let me link the 1 video exactly.
Also, Please pardon the 15 second s***cago ChickenHawk advertisement.

http://video.nhl.com...nsole?catid=635
Posted Image

Edited by Rush, 26 June 2010 - 01:55 AM.

#31 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:05 AM

Edit: Skip to page 3, it won't let me link the 1 video exactly.
Also, Please pardon the 15 second s***cago ChickenHawk advertisement.

http://video.nhl.com...nsole?catid=635
Posted Image

THANKS!

#32 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

At Drake on the Wings site it says hes 19....maybe its wrong then

Weird... I've seen it listed as 18. Everywhere I look has his birth date listed as Dec. 7, 1991. But I'd trust the Wings official site over assorted drafting sites.

When they were talking to him they said he liked the physical part of the game and playing gritty as well. I always like that, anyone know if he has a good physical and plays the body a lot or is he just more of a strong in the corners type of guy?

Can't complain, 6'2 200+ pounds and from somewhat near my hometown and from the town my university is in. Much better pick then Kabanov i must say

Worst case he gives us a big shut-down forward with size and smarts. Best case he's a 1st line centre who can use his size against his opponents. I'm hoping he grows another inch or two as well. It's exciting that he's already filled out to 200lbs, though.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#33 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

One thing his coach said is he would like Sheahan to be more physical so im assuming there is a lot of room to step it up in that department.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

Well next on the Draft list is hopefully

-RIGHT!!! handed shot !
-BIG NASTY D MAN no smaller then 6'1
-potential 3rd/4th liner that drops the mits and can put points up (LUCIC,NEIL) style player
-Puck moving D man few more years to develope by that time Lids and Raffy are probably gone

If we can even get a couple guys that fit that ill be real happy, all of them i might streak down a main street.

maybe

Zach Trotman fought a few times big boy 6'4 202lbs and shoots right,defense

Adrew Yogan hes a C has a bunch of fights he avg needs to work on his balance 63GP 25G 30A 97PIM last season with the Erie Otters hes 6'3 202lbs

Mark Stone 6'2 185lbs RW listed and shoots R plays for the Brandon Wheat Kings 39GP 11G 17A 25PIM

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

Zach Trotman fought a few times big boy 6'4 202lbs and shoots right,defense

Adrew Yogan hes a C has a bunch of fights he avg needs to work on his balance 63GP 25G 30A 97PIM last season with the Erie Otters hes 6'3 202lbs

I'd like to hear more about these two.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#36 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Know who else did good in junior? Kirk Maltby. 50 GOAL HANDS!

Good point, shoulda drafted a 7 goal scorer instead.

I mean what did Kirk Maltby do in the NHL besides win 4 Stanley Cups and play 1000 career games and 116 playoff games.

#37 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

Here's what I found on one of the guys King mentioned (found on this site):

51. Andrew Yogan, Center, Erie- OHL:
Andrew Yogan has the chance to make the state of Florida really proud this year if he is drafted. Yogan is an interesting prospect that has a lot of good tools around his game. His skating is good; the stride is smooth and has a decent top speed. He has a big frame and a long reach which he uses at times in the offensive zone to strip the puck off defenders. He will use his size on the attack to pound defenders or go to the traffic areas for puck. He’s at his best with the puck on his stick, showing some flash and creativity. His decision-making can be questionable to at times downright awful and even with a good set of skills, that may be his real hamper him as he progresses in his career. He doesn’t produce enough offense to project as a serious offensive contributor down the road.

The comment on his hockey smarts might hurt him for the Wings... they're pretty particular on drafting high hockey IQ kids.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#38 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:57 AM

Apparently one of the Duck's scouts wanted the team to draft him at 12th before the draft started. Compared to Getzlaf. Anyway you cut it, he's basically a high school aged kids playing agaisnt kids far older than him. In a few years, this pick could be looking like a steal.

http://www.anaheimca...d-the-danger-of
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#39 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

Apparently one of the Duck's scouts wanted the team to draft him at 12th before the draft started. Compared to Getzlaf. Anyway you cut it, he's basically a high school aged kids playing agaisnt kids far older than him. In a few years, this pick could be looking like a steal.

http://www.anaheimca...d-the-danger-of

Yea, unfortunately they were too busy drafting a future #1 defenceman...

BTW I couldn't help but be annoyed watching Florida have fun with all those picks. I think Kenny dropped the ball with Leino, Quincey, Lebda, etc and we should have more picks this year and last year. Bummer. Hopefully they pull off some steals tomorrow

Edited by Bannedforlife, 26 June 2010 - 05:26 AM.

#40 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:28 AM

i would just like to note that the draft jersey he is wearing Delvecchio's retired #10. I know that all the teams draft jerseys have the number of the draft year, but i wonder if Kenny, babs and the gang who went up on stage had something to say to bettman about it. If anything it was a rare opportunity to see a #10 wings jersey. i hope its a good omen of how this draft class will turn out for the wings