• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

4th Round Pick (111), Teemu Pulkkinen

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

What a steal. Håkan knows his sh*t,very excited about most of our picks this year.

Håkans pick was Järnkrok, red wings have a finnish scout whom i can't remember the name of, and pulkinnen was his pick

I hate getting excited about prospects because they usually don't pan out. But this draft seems to be a deceptively strong draft class for the Wings. These guys could very well be the core that the team will need as Zetterberg and Datsyuk go into decline. And McKenzie thinks Pulkkinen could score 50 goals?

It's harder to not get excited with these kids. I hope they pan out and don't end up bolting for Europe like so many do.

Guest mindfly

I love the fact that he's a right shooter as well...wings havent had many solid right shooters after the lock-out

I don't really see him bouncing from NA to Europe and back to NA. Usually once a player gets to NA they stay here so they can maximize their chances of making the NHL.

Toni Rajala did that. I just think it's wiser to always change to the better team. Jokerit is much better than Kelowna, I assume. He wouldn't get that much playing time in Jokerit this year, so I think it would be make more sense to do it in that order. And he'll eventually have to go back to Finland anyway to handle the military things.

Toni Rajala did that. I just think it's wiser to always change to the better team. Jokerit is much better than Kelowna, I assume. He wouldn't get that much playing time in Jokerit this year, so I think it would be make more sense to do it in that order. And he'll eventually have to go back to Finland anyway to handle the military things.

So, hypothetically, a 1st overall Finnish kid couldn't get an exception from military duty (or deal where it would be 100% in the summer) to come right over to NA and play at age 18?

So, hypothetically, a 1st overall Finnish kid couldn't get an exception from military duty (or deal where it would be 100% in the summer) to come right over to NA and play at age 18?

Probably would. Olli Jokinen never did military duties, if I remember correctly, but I think that's rare. Pulkkinen will most likely have to do it just like everyone else in a year or two and it takes a minimum of 6 months.

My own military service starts in 10 days by the way. :D

Probably would. Olli Jokinen never did military duties, if I remember correctly, but I think that's rare. Pulkkinen will most likely have to do it just like everyone else in a year or two and it takes a minimum of 6 months.

My own military service starts in 10 days by the way. :D

Thanks for the explanation.

And good luck in 10 days. Enjoy the workout :)

Mlive

Here is something Malik posted the other day. Pulkkinen claims he has added on 18lbs of muscle putting him at 189lbs. I love this years draft class, I cant wait to see where they all end up playing next year.

I really hope he decides to come here to Kelowna (where I live!) so I can see him on a weekly basis on the Rockets. Id like to see him spend a year here and then move to the Griffins and be ready to bust onto the Red Wings in about 3 years time.

be about it...

:thumbup:

I really hope he decides to come here to Kelowna (where I live!) so I can see him on a weekly basis on the Rockets. Id like to see him spend a year here and then move to the Griffins and be ready to bust onto the Red Wings in about 3 years time.

be about it...

:thumbup:

He already turned down Kelowna, it will be at least another year before he comes to NA.

Mlive

Here is something Malik posted the other day. Pulkkinen claims he has added on 18lbs of muscle putting him at 189lbs. I love this years draft class, I cant wait to see where they all end up playing next year.

That is great news. 190 pounds is a good playing weight for a guy his size in the NHL. Size shouldn't be an issue for this guy to make it which is weird because usually later round red wing picks from Europe have size problems

18 lb gain in a short time span. It sounds first he is at that age where he starts growing into a mans body and 2 and more important he is buying into the weight program that they have him on! Alls good in Red Wings future.

Guest mindfly

Is this guy like a Selanne?

We can hope so, same nationality, same size, same right-shooter, similar scoring touch :)

Edited by mindfly

From reading the scouting report & watching the Finland v. Russia highlights on youtube. Teemu looks to have a game similar to Brett Hull.

He finds the right space to got to, has a wicked fast slapshot and can pick corners on net at speed. Definitely an opportunistic goalscorer. Also like Hull, he's not too good on defence and probably won't be known for it. But like the saying goes, "the best defence is a strong offence".

Hopefully he doesn't wilt in the d-minded system the Wings play.

"The Golden Teemu" has a sloppy but appealing ring to it. (<== refernce to "The Golden Brett") ;)

Without ever having seen him play, every description of him sounds like Brett Hull. Given how Babcock rode Hudlers ass for defensive play I look forward to him being coach's new scapegoat in 3 years :D