• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

It hasn't been confirmed, and of course it's only verbal at this point, but great signing for the Flyers if they can get it done.

My link

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

Huge signing for them if true. They just need to manage his starts better than they were managed in San Jose.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#3 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

It hasn't been confirmed, and of course it's only verbal at this point, but great signing for the Flyers if they can get it done.

My link

Datsyuk finds your lack of signature space disturbing.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#4 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

So then, Nabokov/Boucher? Strong tandem. Definitely get you to the conference finals with a decent roster. And once you get there, who knows if they'll hold a series lead for you...
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#5 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

Good. Stronger goal-tending for the Pens to match up against in the East. Now just waiting for Turco to land in SJ.

Posted Image

#6 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Just to make sure it's clear, they have a verbal agreement to attain his negotiating rights.

They haven't reached any sort of deal with him yet, nor can they until they have the rights. It's far from a done deal that he ends up there.

Edit: I do think he'll end up signing there though.

Edited by Zetts, 26 June 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#7 Branton87

Branton87

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:17 AM

So the Flyers are going to be number 1 in the Eastern Conference and choke in the playoffs? :lol: Just kidding

#8 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

Philadelphia's motto: "There is no such thing as 'too many goaltenders'".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#9 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

Great deal like the one with Hamhuis. :rolleyes:
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#10 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

so...overrated...
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#11 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

So then, Nabokov/Boucher? Strong tandem. Definitely get you to the conference finals with a decent roster. And once you get there, who knows if they'll hold a series lead for you...

Sarcasm right? It "definitely" didn't get the Sharks anywhere in the last 6-7 years although they did make the conference finals twice losing 4-2 and 4-0.
Do or do not. There is no try

#12 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

maybe all Nabokov needed was a new atmosphere? I think he will do well in Philly...if they can reach the Cup Final with Leighton, they can surely do it with Nabokov...but I guess he doesnt have a good track record... :ph34r:
be about it!

#13 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Awesome. This is great news! I am so excited. As long as they manage his playing time better so he isn't worn out come playoff time. This could be huge! Go Philly!

Posted Image

#14 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

"Whatever talk between the Flyers/ Nabokov that transpired appear to be over. Asking price on new deal was way too rich for Philly's blood"

via Nick Kypreos on twitter
be about it!

#15 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

If they can get creative and move Danny for something cheaper on the back end that helps... fit Nabs under the cap... They might have the cup next season. Really they have absurd riches up front, but that goaltending was really not there.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#16 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

If they can get creative and move Danny for something cheaper on the back end that helps... fit Nabs under the cap... They might have the cup next season. Really they have absurd riches up front, but that goaltending was really not there.

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the leading scorer from the playoffs for Nabokov, but they do need a goalie. Given that somebody up front probably has to move, I'd make it Hartnell. He's great, but outside of this year's playoffs he's never had the numbers (regular season or playoffs) to justify paying him over 4 million given their current cap issues. I'm sure many other teams would be more than happy to have a guy like that at that price though.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't matter anyways, since Nabokov wants too much.

Edited by Zetts, 27 June 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#17 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the leading scorer from the playoffs for Nabokov, but they do need a goalie. Given that somebody up front probably has to move, I'd make it Hartnell. He's great, but outside of this year's playoffs he's never had the numbers (regular season or playoffs) to justify paying him over 4 million given their current cap issues. I'm sure many other teams would be more than happy to have a guy like that at that price though.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't matter anyways, since Nabokov wants too much.

The reason it needs to be Danny that gets moved is look at their forward group. Giroux, Van Rimesdyk, Leino, Carter, Richards, Briere, and I am sure I am forgeting someone. Danny is a natural center, and they already have two fantastic ones and three young wingers. They should trade him who just happens to be the oldest guy, and collecting one of the bigger paychecks on the club. His value is never going to be this high again. I am not saying you trade him for Nabokov, but you can trade him and get something good in return. Remember they are a cap hurtting team.

I agree Hartnell is getting old, but I am just speaking realistically. At some point in the future they need to move someone, because there is no way they keep all of those guys. Might as well move him now and get the biggest bang for the buck.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#18 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

So...Nabokov to the Pens, then?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#19 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

I think he's going to find that division is a lot more physical with their goaltenders. I can't see him lasting any longer than Emery, and he'll cost a lot more. I could see him doigng well in a plce like Dallas more than Philly.

But who knows. If the Flyers don't get him, maybe the Hawks will try to fit him in in their negative cap room. :hehe:

#20 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

"Whatever talk between the Flyers/ Nabokov that transpired appear to be over. Asking price on new deal was way too rich for Philly's blood"

via Nick Kypreos on twitter

But they don't lose the 7th pick then, am I right? I thought the deal went through only if they were manage to sign him.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!