• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Sources: Flyers Land Evgeni Nabokov

Rate this topic

Good. Stronger goal-tending for the Pens to match up against in the East. Now just waiting for Turco to land in SJ.

Just to make sure it's clear, they have a verbal agreement to attain his negotiating rights.

They haven't reached any sort of deal with him yet, nor can they until they have the rights. It's far from a done deal that he ends up there.

Edit: I do think he'll end up signing there though.

Edited by Zetts

So then, Nabokov/Boucher? Strong tandem. Definitely get you to the conference finals with a decent roster. And once you get there, who knows if they'll hold a series lead for you...

Sarcasm right? It "definitely" didn't get the Sharks anywhere in the last 6-7 years although they did make the conference finals twice losing 4-2 and 4-0.

maybe all Nabokov needed was a new atmosphere? I think he will do well in Philly...if they can reach the Cup Final with Leighton, they can surely do it with Nabokov...but I guess he doesnt have a good track record... :ph34r:

If they can get creative and move Danny for something cheaper on the back end that helps... fit Nabs under the cap... They might have the cup next season. Really they have absurd riches up front, but that goaltending was really not there.

If they can get creative and move Danny for something cheaper on the back end that helps... fit Nabs under the cap... They might have the cup next season. Really they have absurd riches up front, but that goaltending was really not there.

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the leading scorer from the playoffs for Nabokov, but they do need a goalie. Given that somebody up front probably has to move, I'd make it Hartnell. He's great, but outside of this year's playoffs he's never had the numbers (regular season or playoffs) to justify paying him over 4 million given their current cap issues. I'm sure many other teams would be more than happy to have a guy like that at that price though.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't matter anyways, since Nabokov wants too much.

Edited by Zetts

I wouldn't want to sacrifice the leading scorer from the playoffs for Nabokov, but they do need a goalie. Given that somebody up front probably has to move, I'd make it Hartnell. He's great, but outside of this year's playoffs he's never had the numbers (regular season or playoffs) to justify paying him over 4 million given their current cap issues. I'm sure many other teams would be more than happy to have a guy like that at that price though.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't matter anyways, since Nabokov wants too much.

The reason it needs to be Danny that gets moved is look at their forward group. Giroux, Van Rimesdyk, Leino, Carter, Richards, Briere, and I am sure I am forgeting someone. Danny is a natural center, and they already have two fantastic ones and three young wingers. They should trade him who just happens to be the oldest guy, and collecting one of the bigger paychecks on the club. His value is never going to be this high again. I am not saying you trade him for Nabokov, but you can trade him and get something good in return. Remember they are a cap hurtting team.

I agree Hartnell is getting old, but I am just speaking realistically. At some point in the future they need to move someone, because there is no way they keep all of those guys. Might as well move him now and get the biggest bang for the buck.

I think he's going to find that division is a lot more physical with their goaltenders. I can't see him lasting any longer than Emery, and he'll cost a lot more. I could see him doigng well in a plce like Dallas more than Philly.

But who knows. If the Flyers don't get him, maybe the Hawks will try to fit him in in their negative cap room. :hehe:

"Whatever talk between the Flyers/ Nabokov that transpired appear to be over. Asking price on new deal was way too rich for Philly's blood"

via Nick Kypreos on twitter

But they don't lose the 7th pick then, am I right? I thought the deal went through only if they were manage to sign him.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Nabakov is not good enough to play on a team who doesn't play defense IMO. I dont think he is capable of stealing games when it counts....just my two cents.

Opinions on the guy are going to vary. It depends on whether you think he actually was the problem in SJ, or just the scapegoat to justify the continued presence of the real chokers, like Thornton. I tend to think it's more of the latter. He's no Hasek and won't win a lot of games by himself, but he is a pretty good goalie. Because the guys in front of him often played soft and sold him out every spring, it's only fair to consider what he could add to a team that knows what they're doing when the chips are down and just needs a good goalie to put them over the top.